[1.10.1+] Contract Configurator [v1.30.5] [2020-10-05]

nightingale

10 hours ago, MalfunctionM1Ke said:

Maybe you could bind that key input to "delete the proposed contract" it is applied to?

51 minutes ago, nightingale said:

I thought there was something that give dismiss a keyboard binding in the past?

36 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

It was I think a Malah quick mod. I think he stopped updating it though.

Yes, it is. No, he didn't :)

Testing the 1.2 dev branch - others have said they've had it work without issue but I'm waiting for them to clarify which contract packs they have, because none of the custom contracts ever fully recognize what I've done.

Anyway - a more direct issue is when I click on contracts in mission control, they visually change height in the left column. Sometimes only a little, sometimes they collapse down to a single line. Any idea what causes this? It only started when I added the CC 1.2 dev branch.

7506a71117.png

23 minutes ago, Tarheel1999 said:

@nightingale do you know what effect the noAutoEvaMutli=true property in the Mk1 Crew Cabin has?  Does the Contract logic use this to prevent rescue contracts in parts with property? TIA

Nothing to do with Contract Configurator (or even contracts).  I think it prevents the EVA button from being active on the portrait and part action window, but not 100% sure.

9 minutes ago, viveleroi said:

Understood. My impatience got the best of me, others had indicated it was working for them so I gave it a shot. This is pretty much the last mod before I can officially start playing again.

No worries - it is *mostly* working. :wink:

Should have a formal release out by the end of the week.

Are either of the issues I mentioned known? I'm worried that if other people haven't had the same problems, then I'm wrong about what's broken. I can live with a UI problem, but being unable to complete most custom contracts (from packs that already say they're 1.2 compatible, like Sounding Rockets) is obviously critical. 

59 minutes ago, nightingale said:

No worries - it is *mostly* working. :wink:

Should have a formal release out by the end of the week.

Will contract packs made for the current version work in the 1.2 release without any changes?

Edited by TheJewelOfJool

50 minutes ago, TheJewelOfJool said:

Will contract packs made for the current version work in the 1.2 release without any changes?

Propably yes, If this mod gets updated. It should work. 

Can't continue my save until zis gets updated. Mapping the mun for the first time with ScanSat mission pack.

1 hour ago, viveleroi said:

Are either of the issues I mentioned known? I'm worried that if other people haven't had the same problems, then I'm wrong about what's broken. I can live with a UI problem, but being unable to complete most custom contracts (from packs that already say they're 1.2 compatible, like Sounding Rockets) is obviously critical. 

You only mentioned one issue that I see (the collapsing thing), which is known (and fixed, I just haven't pushed that change yet).

54 minutes ago, TheJewelOfJool said:

That's the expectation - but that'll be up to the authors to decide.  From a purely Contract Configurator standpoint I try to make everything the same as far as the API goes (so contract packs should be insulated from stock KSP changes).  There's tends to be one or two small things that change for various reasons though.

Also, a contract pack may have other code (eg. Anomaly Surveyor) or depend on other mods that aren't 1.2 ready (eg. Remote Tech), so it's not always that simple.

1 minute ago, nightingale said:

You only mentioned one issue that I see (the collapsing thing), which is known (and fixed, I just haven't pushed that change yet).

I should have clarified, I mentioned "none of the custom contracts ever fully recognize what I've done" which is my critical problem. Essentially, for every custom contract I try to fill, some part of it fails to register as complete. 

A good example is Sounding Rockets contract pack (which is indicated as 1.2-ready, and the actual Sounding Rockets mod is updated for 1.2). The first contract fails to recognize that I've recovered the rocket after a safe landing, despite other criteria being checked green. Another contract pack, Field Science, which I believe is still marked as 1.1.3-compatible, never realizes that I've "landed" in water. I'll safely land in water and am about to proceed with an experiment but the contract doesn't agree.

I don't know if it's possible to determine what's causing the problems - contract configurator, the contract packs, or some other mod incompatibility I'm not aware of. I'm not using any other contract mod, just CC and some packs.

Ive been playing around with the 1.2 branch from github, only found one bug so far which you probably already know about - when clicking around in the "available" contracts tab, the height of individual contracts on the left side pane gets cut in half, causing some minor graphical oddities as the agency icon gets clipped into the box below, etc. Functionality is fine, just a minor graphical oddity. (It's the same thing viveleroi posted the screenshot of a few posts above me)

Otherwise things are working good, I've completed a bunch of the anomoly surveyor contracts, as well as stuff from my own contract packs, without any issues.
Also - HUGE kudos for having a checklist in the KSP settings menu for types of contracts to show/hide , I used to have to use a special config file to disable the annoying ones - this makes it far easier.

Edited by tjsnh

53 minutes ago, tjsnh said:

Also - HUGE kudos for having a checklist in the KSP settings menu for types of contracts to show/hide , I used to have to use a special config file to disable the annoying ones - this makes it far easier.

I recall this used to be accessible from an in-game pull down icon in the toolbar- going to settings isn't too bad, but it was nice to have it "right there" so to speak- this feature is the main reason I use CC, to control my space program's current direction. It is very powerful and improves career a ton.

Edited by Waxing_Kibbous

14 hours ago, Waxing_Kibbous said:

I recall this used to be accessible from an in-game pull down icon in the toolbar- going to settings isn't too bad, but it was nice to have it "right there" so to speak- this feature is the main reason I use CC, to control my space program's current direction. It is very powerful and improves career a ton.

I think moving things to settings that you aren't interacting with regularly is good. The toolbar is always there and gets a tad bit crowded.

On 18/10/2016 at 1:19 PM, viveleroi said:

I should have clarified, I mentioned "none of the custom contracts ever fully recognize what I've done" which is my critical problem. Essentially, for every custom contract I try to fill, some part of it fails to register as complete. 

A good example is Sounding Rockets contract pack (which is indicated as 1.2-ready, and the actual Sounding Rockets mod is updated for 1.2). The first contract fails to recognize that I've recovered the rocket after a safe landing, despite other criteria being checked green. Another contract pack, Field Science, which I believe is still marked as 1.1.3-compatible, never realizes that I've "landed" in water. I'll safely land in water and am about to proceed with an experiment but the contract doesn't agree.

I don't know if it's possible to determine what's causing the problems - contract configurator, the contract packs, or some other mod incompatibility I'm not aware of. I'm not using any other contract mod, just CC and some packs.

Think I've got this one fixed - feel free to grab the latest dev build and see if it is more stable.

9 minutes ago, Volatar said:

I think moving things to settings that you aren't interacting with regularly is good. The toolbar is always there and gets a tad bit crowded.

Agree - especially for stuff that's *generally* only ever touched once or twice.

didn't tested the 1.2 version yet, so don't know if already inside:

could you add an option to hide categories with finished contracts ? I use your mod and alot of contract packs and some like "Historical Progression" have alot of subcategories with 2-4 contracts that don't repeat ever. So an option to hide them after all are completed would be good.

Been looking at this with some interest as I had an idea for a contract pack - just waiting for the next release so I can give it a go.

In the meantime, if anyone could point out whether any of the scenarios below are actually feasible with CC Id be grateful:

• Can you spawn a tourist at a location on the surface without a module / crew cabin other than at KSC (either by lat / long, waypoint etc?) - think effectively "pick up and return" missions
  • Conversely, can you take a tourist to a location (waypoint or lat/long), dump them there without a module / crew cab and return to KSC without them? - think "drop off and return" missions 
  • Can you spawn a waypoint based on a biome search? (i.e. pick a biome, then pick a waypoint within that biome)
  • And finally - can you restrict waypoint generation by distance from a location (such as KSC)?

Ive started having a look through the current docs and I cant decide one way or another - but Im a hands on learner so Id rather have something to dabble with - but knowing if its possible is half the fight :-)

Thanks in advance.

6 hours ago, Ringkeeper said:

didn't tested the 1.2 version yet, so don't know if already inside:

could you add an option to hide categories with finished contracts ? I use your mod and alot of contract packs and some like "Historical Progression" have alot of subcategories with 2-4 contracts that don't repeat ever. So an option to hide them after all are completed would be good.

Not sure if it'll be for this release or not, but please raise this on the GitHub tracker and I'll take a look.

5 hours ago, Kryten 2X4B 523P said:

Can you spawn a tourist at a location on the surface without a module / crew cabin other than at KSC (either by lat / long, waypoint etc?) - think effectively "pick up and return" missions

Yes, take a look at GAP, I think it probably has stuff like this.

• Conversely, can you take a tourist to a location (waypoint or lat/long), dump them there without a module / crew cab and return to KSC without them? - think "drop off and return" missions 

Yup, should be stuff like this in GAP again.

• Can you spawn a waypoint based on a biome search? (i.e. pick a biome, then pick a waypoint within that biome)

Yes and no.  You can get a random waypoint and find out its biome.  The difference being that there isn't an equal chance for each biome.  If you wanted an equal chance, you'd probably need to write C# code.

• And finally - can you restrict waypoint generation by distance from a location (such as KSC)?

Yes

2 hours ago, nightingale said:

Yes and no.  You can get a random waypoint and find out its biome.  The difference being that there isn't an equal chance for each biome.  If you wanted an equal chance, you'd probably need to write C# code.

That wouldn't be that hard for a rough implementation. Do it backwards. Pick a biome with equal chance, then pick random points until you get one that matches that biome.

Rough and bad, but doable.

18 hours ago, nightingale said:

Think I've got this one fixed - feel free to grab the latest dev build and see if it is more stable.

I've replaced my copy with the latest dev and am still seeing both issues. I'm running with a clean GameData, using only this, Sounding Rockets, and the SR contract pack.