[1.10.1+] Contract Configurator [v1.30.5] [2020-10-05]

nightingale

6 hours ago, DocMop said:

Wait. You can not use the Missionbuilder missions inside career?!

Yeah this mod is as close as you're going to get in terms of expanding your career missions, but you'll need contract packs as well as this as this is just the framework for creating new career contract missions.

13 minutes ago, nightingale said:

It's effectively its own mode - missions in the builder are standalone.

That would be an incredibly nice thing in some future iteration -- being able to hand-design missions that could appear for yourself or others (subscribe to a missions/challenge service/mod?). Contract packs and mission chains using the editor would be great.

But-- in more current, other business -- thanks for updating CC! Welcome "back." :)

On 11/30/2014 at 1:49 AM, nightingale said:

These are all dead links.  I dunno if the forum's wonky, or the packs are deleted.

Edited by Gargamel

ContractConfigurator.dll downloaded from github got flagged by Windows Defender as a Trojan:Win32/Critet.BS

Virus Total found no problems with the file.

No engines detected this file

SHA-256 9fe26b4696e7b3a7dcef1f1fc17f044d48bdb7fb08df80e68f67e816a41b0cfa
File name ContractConfigurator.dll
File size 698 KB
Last analysis 2018-03-17 18:48:20 UTC

FYI I submitted this to microsoft as a false positive.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/submission/9ad416c5-1fbf-4311-8be8-77366cb5f1cc

Edited by westamastaflash

23 minutes ago, westamastaflash said:

ContractConfigurator.dll downloaded from github got flagged by Windows Defender as a Trojan:Win32/Critet.BS

Virus Total found no problems with the file.

No engines detected this file

SHA-256 9fe26b4696e7b3a7dcef1f1fc17f044d48bdb7fb08df80e68f67e816a41b0cfa
File name ContractConfigurator.dll
File size 698 KB
Last analysis 2018-03-17 18:48:20 UTC

FYI I submitted this to microsoft as a false positive.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/submission/9ad416c5-1fbf-4311-8be8-77366cb5f1cc

Thanks, seems like a whole lot of KSP mods (and KSP itself are getting flagged).

Got some random crash.
Accepted satelite contract > Went to tracking station > Went to VAB > crash

Log stuff: https://github.com/docmop/KSP_Logs/tree/master/Crash_2018-03-21_210628
Another one (on entering Tracking Station): https://github.com/docmop/KSP_Logs/tree/master/Crash_2018-03-22_210444

Edited by DocMop

How tricky would it be to make some kind of conversion that allowed a subset of what is available in the Mission Builder to auto-create a contract pack? My thought is that the GUI for mission builder is much easier to mess with than straight up syntax for configuring contracts.

@Electrocutor - Probably the best approach would be for someone to write a script (using their favourite language) to convert the files over.  It would not be that easy though, because although there's some surface similarities, Contract Configurator and the Mission Builder aren't that similar:

• Missions can start with a save file in a certain situation - not supported in Contract Configurator.
  • There's a concept of "flow" in mission builder, which is hard to reproduce in Contract Configurator (you can do straight sequences of contract parameters, but not much else).
  • Differences in feature sets.  No part failures in Contract Configurator is the biggest one missing, but otherwise it's more than it's hard to map stuff (it's not 1:1).

So to answer your question - I think that'd be pretty hard.  An order of magnitude harder than hacking something together to make missions run in career mode (which I'm guessing would be at least very difficult).

Was testing completedMessage and noticed that \n\n no longer makes a carriage return. Can you confirm?

completedMessage = Another historic flight completed!\n\nYour pilot is starting to showing some amazing skill with that last landing.

turns into:

Another historic flight completed!Your pilot is starting to showing some amazing skill with that last landing.

instead of:

Another historic flight completed!

Your pilot is starting to showing some amazing skill with that last landing.

@inigma - The localisation system is automatically unescaping it at the wrong time.  While playing around I hit a bug in Module Manager (sarbian/ModuleManager#84) caused by the same issue in stock.  So even if I can figure out a way to fix it - the MM bug is going to mean it won't work anyway.

So, @sarbian/@blowfish - Any chance sarbian/ModuleManager#84 can get a fix/workaround implemented in Module Manager (since I assume you were unsuccessful in getting it fixed upstream)?

Otherwise, I'm considering moving to using an HTML escape sequence instead (&br;), but that's a pretty massive impact to all contract packs (many of which no longer have maintainers).

What is causing this overlap issue? Is it already known?
rhOsF06.png
See top left, there are two Kerbal heads overlapping.

btw this is happening without parameter, with DirectX 11, with OpenGL - in all cases.

I found this single line in the log - no exception around:

ContractConfigurator.ContractConfigurator: Multiple assemblies with name 'ContractsWindow' found!

Log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z1g2wx82nccggfs/2018-03-25_1 KSP.log.7z?dl=1

2 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

See top left, there are two Kerbal heads overlapping.

Hard to say.  It could be any mod that plays around with the "instructor" portraits.  Strategia used to cause something similar (but shouldn't anymore).  Nothing jumped out at me in your list of mods - but if there's anything you're aware of that pops up Wernher in a dialog somewhere that would be my first suspect to the mod causing the issue.

2 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

I found this single line in the log - no exception around:

ContractConfigurator.ContractConfigurator: Multiple assemblies with name 'ContractsWindow' found!

This can be safely ignored - I'm getting that in my logs too (hopefully not a real issue and just an errant error to fix, but will look into it).  I'm also getting it for every single assembly.

btw still any (by random) of the USI Sounding Rockets contract packs will not be successful while everything is accomplished - and no exception thrown at all by Contract Configurator.

@inigma

I had an apogee of ~97,000m, landed safely and recovered, but still:
q14UbtI.png
So at least the altitude was not recognized by the contract somehow.

But perhaps this could be the issue somehow, @cybutek @jrbudda

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at KerbalEngineer.Flight.Readouts.Orbital.CurrentSoi.Draw (KerbalEngineer.Flight.Sections.SectionModule section) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerbalEngineer.Flight.Sections.SectionModule.DrawReadoutModules () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerbalEngineer.Flight.Sections.SectionModule.Draw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerbalEngineer.Flight.Sections.SectionWindow.Window (Int32 windowId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, Int32 instanceID, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

And I just recognized that there is a dev build of KER for KSP 1.4.1 here: https://github.com/jrbudda/KerbalEngineer/releases
I should try it next.

Here is the log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xs3s6h80r24w2wv/2018-03-25_2 KSP.log.7z?dl=1

Edit:
Using the KER dev build now, no exceptions thrown about it, but still the same contract issue:

Spoiler

QEEyezF.png

Edited by Gordon Dry

I've got an idea for a semi cheat contract pack and I'd like some help if possible...

What I'd like to do is take the stock Exploration/Progression contracts (i.e. "explore Kerbin" "Dock two vessels on or around Minmus" etc) and strip down the Kerbin, Mun, and Minmus contracts to just orbit, land on, and plant flag as each time I start a new playthrough I have go through all the same old missions before I can even think about getting to Duna and there doesn't seem to be a way to bypass them (using the "Alt+F12" cheat menu to complete the contracts just has them coming back up)

The initial help I need is a pointer in the right direction of where the stock contracts are stores so I can see what I need to copy and edit. I been reading the "how to" section on the Github wiki so I'm quietly confident I should be able to get under way once I have the stock contracts.

Thanks in advance

1 hour ago, Gordon Dry said:

btw still any (by random) of the USI Sounding Rockets contract packs will not be successful while everything is accomplished - and no exception thrown at all by Contract Configurator.

@inigma

I had an apogee of ~97,000m, landed safely and recovered, but still:
q14UbtI.png
So at least the altitude was not recognized by the contract somehow.

But perhaps this could be the issue somehow, @cybutek @jrbudda

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at KerbalEngineer.Flight.Readouts.Orbital.CurrentSoi.Draw (KerbalEngineer.Flight.Sections.SectionModule section) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerbalEngineer.Flight.Sections.SectionModule.DrawReadoutModules () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerbalEngineer.Flight.Sections.SectionModule.Draw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerbalEngineer.Flight.Sections.SectionWindow.Window (Int32 windowId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, Int32 instanceID, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

And I just recognized that there is a dev build of KER for KSP 1.4.1 here: https://github.com/jrbudda/KerbalEngineer/releases
I should try it next.

Here is the log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xs3s6h80r24w2wv/2018-03-25_2 KSP.log.7z?dl=1

That error occurs as it tries to draw the in-flight GUI for a few frames after switching back to the tracking station. If it's not showing the individual objectives as complete as you do them then I don't see how this could be the issue. I will fix the error tho.

2 hours ago, nightingale said:

This can be safely ignored - I'm getting that in my logs too (hopefully not a real issue and just an errant error to fix, but will look into it).  I'm also getting it for every single assembly.

I assume this is caused by the UI assembly for Contracts Window +, ContactsWindow.Unity.dll. Maybe it considers everything after the first period as a file extension and ignores it when checking assembly names.

5 hours ago, al9984 said:

The initial help I need is a pointer in the right direction of where the stock contracts are stores so I can see what I need to copy and edit. I been reading the "how to" section on the Github wiki so I'm quietly confident I should be able to get under way once I have the stock contracts.

You're going to be disappointed if you want to use stock as a starting point - it's all C#.  Your best bet will be to look at other similar contracts (there are plenty of progression based ones that you can use as examples.  You can look at the second post of this thread (although all the links are broken, at least you can get the names.

4 hours ago, DMagic said:

I assume this is caused by the UI assembly for Contracts Window +, ContactsWindow.Unity.dll. Maybe it considers everything after the first period as a file extension and ignores it when checking assembly names.

Nah, it's got a specific check for just the one dll for some integration or other that I wrote to Contracts Window + (I can't remember what exactly).  The warning that fired wasn't checking for multiples - it fires for any number of assemblies found (so it was warning about Contract Configurator itself, RemoteTech, etc. etc.).  I fixed the code so that red herring should go away.

1 hour ago, nightingale said:

You're going to be disappointed if you want to use stock as a starting point - it's all C#.  Your best bet will be to look at other similar contracts (there are plenty of progression based ones that you can use as examples.  You can look at the second post of this thread (although all the links are broken, at least you can get the names.

Well that would explain why I couldn't find anything in the game files. Thanks.

I'll have to rethink my approach entirely