nightingale

[1.6.x+] Contract Configurator [v1.27.1] [2018-12-28]

Recommended Posts

@nightingale I'm going to call that sorted and/or (does that abbreviate to a/o? I forget)  workable, seeing as @Warezcrawler seems to have fixed, and the fact I can't begin to help yet. =P Sorry! 

 

Edited by Mark Kerbin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Mark Kerbin - I've posted the details of the fix on the existing Kerbal Academy thread - at least that way others may see it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@nightingale - it's been a while since I did this so I might just be a bit rusty.

I thought I'd make the required changes to Kerbal Academy, but I'm getting an exception - don't think it's me as literally all I've done is change the quotes.

This is the line that's causing it to fall over:

trait = @/roleString == "Pilots." ? Pilot : @/roleString == "Scientists." ? Scientist : Engineer

The exception I'm getting is "ArgumentException: Expected ':', but reached end of expression!" - now either I'm being stupid, or that expression finishes at the last "Engineer" correctly.

Full contract: https://github.com/severedsolo/KerbalAcademy/blob/master/KerbalAcademyBootCamp.cfg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, severedsolo said:

@nightingale - it's been a while since I did this so I might just be a bit rusty.

I thought I'd make the required changes to Kerbal Academy, but I'm getting an exception - don't think it's me as literally all I've done is change the quotes.

This is the line that's causing it to fall over:


trait = @/roleString == "Pilots." ? Pilot : @/roleString == "Scientists." ? Scientist : Engineer

The exception I'm getting is "ArgumentException: Expected ':', but reached end of expression!" - now either I'm being stupid, or that expression finishes at the last "Engineer" correctly.

Full contract: https://github.com/severedsolo/KerbalAcademy/blob/master/KerbalAcademyBootCamp.cfg

 

I actually changed the line on this... I did not notice those other ones... Maybe they should not be changed?

Spoiler

            pilots = AllKerbals().Where(k => k.ExperienceTrait() == Pilot && k.RosterStatus() == Available && k.Type() == Crew)
            scientists = AllKerbals().Where(k => k.ExperienceTrait() == Scientist && k.RosterStatus() == Available && k.Type() == Crew)
            engineers = AllKerbals().Where(k => k.ExperienceTrait() == Engineer && k.RosterStatus() == Available && k.Type() == Crew)

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Warezcrawler said:

I actually changed the line on this... I did not notice those other ones... Maybe they should not be changed?

  Reveal hidden contents

            pilots = AllKerbals().Where(k => k.ExperienceTrait() == Pilot && k.RosterStatus() == Available && k.Type() == Crew)
            scientists = AllKerbals().Where(k => k.ExperienceTrait() == Scientist && k.RosterStatus() == Available && k.Type() == Crew)
            engineers = AllKerbals().Where(k => k.ExperienceTrait() == Engineer && k.RosterStatus() == Available && k.Type() == Crew)

 

Told you I was rusty :D - you are right, the trait line doesn't use the same format as the DATA node. That fixed it. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, severedsolo said:

Told you I was rusty :D - you are right, the trait line doesn't use the same format as the DATA node. That fixed it. Thanks!

glad to hear it..... I'm not rusty... I just don't really know what I'm doing .... LOL

Guesswork, Guesswork, Guesswork when it comes to contracts.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@nightingale 

In the pack list, Kerbal Academy currently directs to severedsolo's thread. Would you mind giving it an update? =P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mark Kerbin said:

@nightingale 

In the pack list, Kerbal Academy currently directs to severedsolo's thread. Would you mind giving it an update? =P 

Done, although I don't think I want to know how many of those other links are wrong/out of date. :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nightingale said:

Done, although I don't think I want to know how many of those other links are wrong/out of date. :)

Dare me to check?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Mark Kerbin said:

Dare me to check?

 

So dared -- but I wouldn't risk any kind of $$ bet. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

So dared -- but I wouldn't risk any kind of $$ bet. :)

You lose. =P

Audit For The Listing of Contract Packs

 

  • Additional Progression Contracts - Thread Link Correct, No longer maintained 
  • Anomaly Surveyor - Page no longer exists. Heyyy isnt this @nightingale's.... =P  [New Thread] 
  • AntennaRange Relays - Page no longer exists 
  • Banking - Screw it, I'm coining an acronym, <PNLE>, ie this page no longer exists.  
  • Base Construction - <PNLE>  
  • Clever Sats - No longer maintained <NLM> (Tho I kinda think I may pick it up, but not for a while) 
  • Defence Contract Advisors - <NLM> You also spelled defense wrong.
  • Field Research - <PNLE> Wait isnt that yours? [New Thread]
  • Giving Aircraft a Purpose - Hey! I found a live one!
  • Grand Tours - <PNLE> [New Thread] Current Version is for 1.2.1
  • Historic Missions - <PNLE> [New Thread] (Sorta Same Mod) Ill give this a .5 out of 1 for still existing
  • Historical Progression - <NLM>
  • Initial Contracts (SETI) - <PNLE>
  • Interplanetary Mountaineer - <NLM>
  • The K-Files - <PNLE>
  • Kerbal Academy - Someoneee forgot to change the dev name.... =P
  • Kerbal Aircraft Builders - <PNLE>
  • Kerbin on Fire Military Contract Pack - <PNLE>
  • Kerbin Space Station - <PNLE> 
  • Kerbin-SideJobs  - <PNLE>
  • Kerbin Side GAP - On life support, but responding to treatment
  • Maritime Mission Pack - <PNLE>
  • Mission Based R&D - <PNLE>
  • RemoteTech Contract Pack - <PNLE> Yours again btw. [New Thread] On Life Support
  • Rover Contracts by Whyren! - <PNLE>
  • SETI-Contracts - <PNLE> Contact @theonegalen Seems to have picked up most SETI contracts
  • SCANsat Contract Pack - <PNLE> 
  • Sounding Rockets - Good lord! Its breathing! 
  • Spacetux - Unmanned Contracts - <PNLE> [New Thread] Current Version is for 1.2.1 
  • Tourism Plus - <PNLE> This one is also yours. [New Thread]

 

Wow. Thats a ummm... lets see 7.5/30... yep. Thats a 1:4 survival rate. 25-26% still exist, depending on how you count Historic Missions

 

@nightingale =P Enjoy

Edit @linuxgurugamer Says Unmanned Contracts and Grand Tours are still working 
 

 

 

Edited by Mark Kerbin
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mark Kerbin said:

 

You lose. =P

Audit For The Listing of Contract Packs

 

  • Additional Progression Contracts - Thread Link Correct, No longer maintained 
  • Anomaly Surveyor - Page no longer exists. Heyyy isnt this @nightingale's.... =P  [New Thread] 
  • AntennaRange Relays - Page no longer exists 
  • Banking - Screw it, I'm coining an acronym, <PNLE>, ie this page no longer exists.  
  • Base Construction - <PNLE>  
  • Clever Sats - No longer maintained <NLM> (Tho I kinda think I may pick it up, but not for a while) 
  • Defence Contract Advisors - <NLM> You also spelled defense wrong.
  • Field Research - <PNLE> Wait isnt that yours? [New Thread]
  • Giving Aircraft a Purpose - Hey! I found a live one!
  • Grand Tours - <PNLE>
  • Historic Missions - <PNLE> [New Thread] (Sorta Same Mod) Ill give this a .5 out of 1 for still existing
  • Historical Progression - <NLM>
  • Initial Contracts (SETI) - <PNLE>
  • Interplanetary Mountaineer - <NLM>
  • The K-Files - <PNLE>
  • Kerbal Academy - Someoneee forgot to change the dev name.... =P
  • Kerbal Aircraft Builders - <PNLE>
  • Kerbin on Fire Military Contract Pack - <PNLE>
  • Kerbin Space Station - <PNLE> 
  • Kerbin-SideJobs  - <PNLE>
  • Kerbin Side GAP - On life support, but responding to treatment
  • Maritime Mission Pack - <PNLE>
  • Mission Based R&D - <PNLE>
  • RemoteTech Contract Pack - <PNLE> Yours again btw. [New Thread] On Life Support
  • Rover Contracts by Whyren! - <PNLE>
  • SETI-Contracts - <PNLE> Contact @theonegalen Seems to have picked up most SETI contracts
  • SCANsat Contract Pack - <PNLE> 
  • Sounding Rockets - Good lord! Its breathing! 
  • Spacetux - Unmanned Contracts - <PNLE>
  • Tourism Plus - <PNLE> This one is also yours. [New Thread]

 

Wow. Thats a ummm... lets see 7.5/30... yep. Thats a 1:4 survival rate. 25-26% still exist, depending on how you count Historic Missions

 

@nightingale =P Enjoy

I don't see any of my contract packs listed 

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, linuxgurugamer said:

I don't see any of my contract paves kill s listed 

If I couldnt find a thread for it, I called it "dead"  =P

Let me know if you have any I missed

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But you didn't even list them as dead, and there aren't.  I'll post links when I get home

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, sorry for the confusion. That list is from the first page of this thread, just a check up on whats still here. 

*waits for list of thousands for [Insert name here] Contract Pack Continued* :wink:

Also I feel like autocorrect may be messing with you here. =)

Edited by Mark Kerbin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the first page, there are the Grand Tours and Unmanned Contracts packs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasnt aware those pages had been lost.  I’ll see if i can create new ones in a day or so

@Mark Kerbin you should check spacedock and Curse.  Dont forget, the pages have been lost due to forum problems, the authors (such as myself) may not be aware the pages were lost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I wasnt aware those pages had been lost.  I’ll see if i can create new ones in a day or so

The problem is that a lot of those links used the old forum links, for which we were promised backwards compatibility.  Until something broke and nobody seemed able to fix it.  So more than likely those are still there and I just need to fix up links.

Or they were lost in the great "oops" deletion a year or so back. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nightingale said:

The problem is that a lot of those links used the old forum links, for which we were promised backwards compatibility.  Until something broke and nobody seemed able to fix it.  So more than likely those are still there and I just need to fix up links.

Or they were lost in the great "oops" deletion a year or so back. :)

Indeed. Far more of those happening over the years than would see reasonable... ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to know! Haven’t really been active on forums for a while before this, so forgive me if I miss stuff. =P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty new to KSP but love this mod. (Thanks for this!)

I miss the stock rescue missions, though. (they were a good way to get random Kerbals and practice rendez-vous.) Are there any contract packs that still contain those missions?

 

 

Edited by TrueVulgarian
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TrueVulgarian said:

I'm pretty new to KSP but love this mod. (Thanks for this!)

I miss the stock rescue missions, though. (they were a good way to get random Kerbals and practice rendez-vous.) Are there any contract packs that still contain those missions?

 

 

CC doesn't disable stock missions by itself, if you have a pack that disables those (probably Kerbal Academy) you can re-enable them through the difficulty settings menu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, severedsolo said:

CC doesn't disable stock missions by itself, if you have a pack that disables those (probably Kerbal Academy) you can re-enable them through the difficulty settings menu.

Cool! Thank-you. :D

I'm pretty sure I have Kerbal Academy installed.

Edited by TrueVulgarian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/27/2018 at 12:10 PM, TrueVulgarian said:

Cool! Thank-you. :D

I'm pretty sure I have Kerbal Academy installed.

As you said, the "Recover Asset" tasks were disabled. Re-enabling them didn't seem to have any effect. I will continue to monitor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey... Thanks for keeping this mod alive.

I've noticed that I get an exception when I have this mod installed along EVA enhancements.

[EXC 19:53:25.202] ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
	System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes ()
	ContractConfigurator.ContractConfigurator+<GetAllTypes>d__31`1[ContractConfigurator.ParameterFactory].MoveNext ()
	Rethrow as Exception: Error loading types from assembly EVAEnhancementsContinued, Version=0.1.13.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
	UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
	ContractConfigurator.LoggingUtil:LogException(Exception)
	ContractConfigurator.<GetAllTypes>d__31`1:MoveNext()
	System.Linq.<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1D`1:MoveNext()
	ContractConfigurator.ContractConfigurator:RegisterParameterFactories()
	ContractConfigurator.ContractConfigurator:PSystemReady()
	EventVoid:Fire()
	<Start>c__Iterator0:MoveNext()
	UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

Both Contract Configurator and EVA enhancements is mentioned.  However, I'm pretty sure it is CC that throws.

Full log see line 30044 for above message.

Edited by Warezcrawler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now