[1.10.1+] Contract Configurator [v1.30.5] [2020-10-05]

nightingale

12 minutes ago, Buisson said:

Ok so I modified a config file in Scatterer and now all goes well :)

In the PlanetList.cfg, I had to write this :        transformName = Kerbin 

instead of         transformName = Earth

Hmmm...  might be something that RP-0 (or RSS, really) could ModuleManager in for better compatbility?  Or the other way around with Scatterer?  @NathanKell, @blackrack?

@nightingale I'm trying to get the contracts for RP-0 I commented above to work, but I'm getting some weird stuff. For the contracts here, the debug tool is giving errors with the 'any' requirement, and lots of "@/targetbody" appear throughout the text of the contract in that window.

For these, I think I'm doing lots of stuff wrong, by the amount of errors shown...

If you, or anyone else willing to help, could give some suggestions, I would be most thankful

27 minutes ago, leudaimon said:

@nightingale I'm trying to get the contracts for RP-0 I commented above to work, but I'm getting some weird stuff. For the contracts here, the debug tool is giving errors with the 'any' requirement, and lots of "@/targetbody" appear throughout the text of the contract in that window.

For these, I think I'm doing lots of stuff wrong, by the amount of errors shown...

If you, or anyone else willing to help, could give some suggestions, I would be most thankful

Can you provide the contract configurator logs for those contracts with errors? I will be able to help you hopefully. 

KSP v1.1.3, Contract Configurator 1.14.0, SCANSat and Unmanned contract packs, Tarsier and Research Bodies mods which also add contracts.

I'm displaying the Settings window in an attempt to prevent certain contracts being generated, specifically contracts that require surveys of Kerbin temperature (and the like) above or below a certain altitude at a specific point.  They've filled up my Available list and I'm not getting contracts that I can complete without developing a aeroplane program. I realize that they must come from one of the two packs that I have installed since I didn't see them in stock.  The Settings window has two dozen or so possible contract types.

How can I select the appropriate type to disable these particular contracts?  There don't seem to be any clues in the contract offerings.

17 hours ago, leudaimon said:

There's lots of logs, so I'm not sure what specific errors you're looking for help on.  Cheery picking an example:

[EXCEPTION] System.MissingMethodException: Cannot find function 'Period' for class 'Single'.
  at ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[System.Single].GetCalledFunction (System.String functionName, Function& selectedMethod, Boolean isFunction) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[System.Single].ParseMethod[Single] (ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.Token token, Single obj, Boolean isFunction) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
Rethrow as System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
  at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[System.Single].GetCalledFunction (System.String functionName, Function& selectedMethod, Boolean isFunction) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
Rethrow as System.Exception: Error parsing statement.
Error occurred near '*':
Pow(Period(@targetBody),0.5) + 365
...........* <-- HERE

What this is saying is that "Period" isn't a function (it's a method).  Methods are called like this:

Pow(@targetBody.Period(), 0.5) + 365

I'm not able to go through all those logs at the moment - maybe if you could post the errors that you are unsure about?

17 hours ago, Brigadier said:

KSP v1.1.3, Contract Configurator 1.14.0, SCANSat and Unmanned contract packs, Tarsier and Research Bodies mods which also add contracts.

I'm displaying the Settings window in an attempt to prevent certain contracts being generated, specifically contracts that require surveys of Kerbin temperature (and the like) above or below a certain altitude at a specific point.  They've filled up my Available list and I'm not getting contracts that I can complete without developing a aeroplane program. I realize that they must come from one of the two packs that I have installed since I didn't see them in stock.  The Settings window has two dozen or so possible contract types.

How can I select the appropriate type to disable these particular contracts?  There don't seem to be any clues in the contract offerings.

Those sound like the stock survey contracts (so they should be under the stock contracts list.

1 minute ago, nightingale said:

Those sound like the stock survey contracts (so they should be under the stock contracts list.

So, gut feel and experience :D?  I see that when I disable stock survey contracts, I can decline one of these contracts and it gets replaced immediately by a non-survey one, at least for the first 3 attempts.

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

So, gut feel and experience :D?  I see that when I disable stock survey contracts, I can decline one of these contracts and it gets replaced immediately by a non-survey one, at least for the first 3 attempts.

Thanks.

Yes, to answer the specific question, there's no easy way to know what's what.  Will be less relevant in the 1.15.x version of Contract Configurator though (due to be released next Friday).

@nightingale thank you for the directions on the period issue. 

I'm traveling this weekend, but when I'm back I'll try to get to these issues then I'll ask more specific questions here or on irc.

Also, if you can take a look at any of the ones starting with "first", all of them give the same error... I find it weird that the text showing there adds a "targetBody = @/targetBody" into all requirements, including the one of type any, while I don't have this in the cfgs

Edited by leudaimon

5 hours ago, Sudragon said:

Having problems (again) with some contracts registering orbital status. If someone with better coding skills than I could look over the log and help me with this problem that would be very helpful.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz5i94NngLTTdzdTLU9waEE1cEk

You have a pretty messed up install.  This error here:

MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'FinePrint.Utilities.CelestialUtilities.GenerateOrbit'.
  at Contracts.Contract.Generate (System.Type contractType, ContractPrestige difficulty, Int32 seed, State state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Contracts.ContractSystem.GenerateContract (Int32 seed, ContractPrestige difficulty, System.Type contractType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Contracts.ContractSystem.GenerateContract (System.Int32& seed, ContractPrestige difficulty) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Contracts.ContractSystem.GenerateContracts (System.Int32& seed, ContractPrestige difficulty, Int32 count) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Contracts.ContractSystem.RefreshContracts () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Contracts.ContractSystem+<UpdateDaemon>c__Iterator81.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Is a stock sub-system saying it can't find a stock method that was removed in 1.1.x (can't remember which version exactly).  The only way I can think of this happening is if you had the stock assembly (Assembly-CSharp.dll) loaded twice (one for an older KSP version.  You can do a search to see if you find that extra file, but I'd recommend doing a clean install of KSP (you also have some outdated mods, Field Experience for sure).

Howdy contract authors!  New pre-release is available here.  This one is feature-complete with respect to the new Mission Control UI.  The main thing missing is some artwork, so it should be pretty close to what's going to go out in the full release.  Some of the UI stuff that was in PNG in the last release was converted to DDS, so make sure you do a delete + re-install.

Also note that in the DATA checks for whether a title was required I had a condition reversed in previous builds - so please check your contracts against this latest build (some contracts that should've loaded fine in 1.15.1 errored and vice-versa).

Huge new release!  First off, if you want to know more about the release, head on over to the post on the Nightingale Softworks Development Thread:

Next, I want to give an absolutely massive thanks to @Enceos for providing art assets for this release.  There's a couple contract types that are still outstanding (so you may see some placeholder art), but otherwise the new art looks fantastic.

Enjoy!  Download is here, changelog follows:

Contract Configurator 1.15.3

• New Mission Control layout. Now all contracts that are eligible are available all the time (players are no longer at the mercy of the RNG to get the contracts they want).  Also, can view the details of what contracts are *not yet* available, and what it takes to make them available.
  • New contract art (special thanks to Enceos)!
  • Contract generation overhaul.  Overhaul to the contract generation system for massive performance improvements.  Contracts are no longer generated in-flight (no garbage, no stutters).
  • Added title and related attributes for REQUIREMENT nodes.
  • Added title and related attributes for DATA nodes.
  • Added sortKey for CONTRACT_TYPE and CONTRACT_GROUP nodes.
  • New List.SelectUnique() method for selecting unique values (replaces selecting a random value and hoping that it hasn't been used before).
  • New DATA_EXPAND node allows a CONTRACT_TYPE to be duplicated across a list of values (eg. duplicated for each Celestial Body).
  • New CelestialBody.Index() method to get the global index of a body (for sorting).
  • More warnings to steer contract authors towards more performant and more player-friendly ways of writing contracts.
  • New ResourceConsumption parameter.
  • Fixed issue where the state of some parameters wasn't immediately reset when switching vessels, allowing erroneous contract completion (thanks NathanKell & leudaimon).
  • Fixed bug in uniqueness checks when vessels are involved which caused the uniquness check not to work (thanks severedsolo).
  • Fixed issue where CollectScience parameters weren't always showing the checkmarks when partially completed (thanks jlcarneiro & severedsolo).

I just installed this and overall I like all the new changes. I was even having problems with the base construction pack not even showing up for me after I downloaded it last week but now it works. However, I had the historic missions pack installed and had made quite a bit of progress, and now nothing else is showing up for it. The archived missions I had completed still show as completed, but the two active missions I had now show up in the archive as failed. One of them was an X-15 flight that I had at least 65 days left to complete before the update, and the other was the Salyut-5 mission that had to remain stable for something like 400 days. Last I checked it had 180 days to go and now it says it's failed. Any idea if I can fix this?

3 hours ago, nightingale said:

Huge new release!  First off, if you want to know more about the release, head on over to the post on the Nightingale Softworks Development Thread:

Next, I want to give an absolutely massive thanks to @Enceos for providing art assets for this release.  There's a couple contract types that are still outstanding (so you may see some placeholder art), but otherwise the new art looks fantastic.

Enjoy!  Download is here, changelog follows:

Contract Configurator 1.15.3

• New Mission Control layout. Now all contracts that are eligible are available all the time (players are no longer at the mercy of the RNG to get the contracts they want).  Also, can view the details of what contracts are *not yet* available, and what it takes to make them available.
  • New contract art (special thanks to Enceos)!
  • Contract generation overhaul.  Overhaul to the contract generation system for massive performance improvements.  Contracts are no longer generated in-flight (no garbage, no stutters).
  • Added title and related attributes for REQUIREMENT nodes.
  • Added title and related attributes for DATA nodes.
  • Added sortKey for CONTRACT_TYPE and CONTRACT_GROUP nodes.
  • New List.SelectUnique() method for selecting unique values (replaces selecting a random value and hoping that it hasn't been used before).
  • New DATA_EXPAND node allows a CONTRACT_TYPE to be duplicated across a list of values (eg. duplicated for each Celestial Body).
  • New CelestialBody.Index() method to get the global index of a body (for sorting).
  • More warnings to steer contract authors towards more performant and more player-friendly ways of writing contracts.
  • New ResourceConsumption parameter.
  • Fixed issue where the state of some parameters wasn't immediately reset when switching vessels, allowing erroneous contract completion (thanks NathanKell & leudaimon).
  • Fixed bug in uniqueness checks when vessels are involved which caused the uniquness check not to work (thanks severedsolo).
  • Fixed issue where CollectScience parameters weren't always showing the checkmarks when partially completed (thanks jlcarneiro & severedsolo).

oh. mah. gawd.:o

when I saw notifications that every contract pack I had suddenly had updates available at once...I suspected, but I had no idea you'd go this far....

This looks awesome! And I don't even understand half of the changelog (big words, CAPSLOCK, Indices, oh my:P)!

Well done, sir, well done.:D

2 hours ago, MickB said:

I just installed this and overall I like all the new changes. I was even having problems with the base construction pack not even showing up for me after I downloaded it last week but now it works. However, I had the historic missions pack installed and had made quite a bit of progress, and now nothing else is showing up for it. The archived missions I had completed still show as completed, but the two active missions I had now show up in the archive as failed. One of them was an X-15 flight that I had at least 65 days left to complete before the update, and the other was the Salyut-5 mission that had to remain stable for something like 400 days. Last I checked it had 180 days to go and now it says it's failed. Any idea if I can fix this?

Yeah, ouch, me too. Big picture, awesome update!

However, I just instantly failed 2 contracts, and the failure penalty has wiped my entire funds. :( Probably should have made a save backup before doing the update.... I guess I got a bit lazy with ckan, and just automatically update everything whenever I launch the game.

Oh well, I guess I will put it down to that week when Jeb apparently had to reconcile the expense accounts during re-entry and had no choice but to jettison all the receipts for the 'training workshop' that he ran in Vegas.

On 30/11/2014 at 6:23 AM, nightingale said:

Contract generation overhaul.  Overhaul to the contract generation system for massive performance improvements.  Contracts are no longer generated in-flight (no garbage, no stutters).

hey nightingale, as part of the overhaul you mentioned; is there a way to remove the limit on accepting contracts? at least for the tier 3 mission control i dont believe there should be a limit (to match stock) casper88

@nightingale Gratz on the big release, love the changes, but just out of curiousity, is there a way to change it back to using the old system, while still keeping up to date with the mod, and assoiciated mod packs? or plans to include an option to revert to the old method of contract creation? I have one particular save file I'd prefer to continue using the old way of doing things, and if I have to I'll do a separate install and keep it apart from my main install, its not that big of a hassle. :) Was just wondering.

@MickB & @Benno - Hmmm, not something I expected.  Can you guys get me the following?

• Name of the contract that was failed
  • KSP.log file
  • Save from before the failure

@casper88 - In a stock game you do have a limit though - the limit on the number of offered contracts (eg. 15 by default).  At full reputation the limits are 10/7/4 (21 total), which would be higher than an unmodified stock game.  What limit do you believe is reasonable?  Personally, I think 21 contracts is a lot.

@vardicd - If you use the available tab in mission control it looks like the old view (but the list will be far bigger).  Otherwise I'd suggest going with the separate install since you're just looking for it for the purposes of closing out an old save without the update.

39 minutes ago, nightingale said:

@vardicd - If you use the available tab in mission control it looks like the old view (but the list will be far bigger).  Otherwise I'd suggest going with the separate install since you're just looking for it for the purposes of closing out an old save without the update.

Roger, no problem. side note, any idea why updating reset all progress on the contract pack anomaly surveyor? I'd just flown out to and explored all the kerbin monoliths, and had contracts to go to the Mun for a crash site and anomaly, but now all of a sudden the monolith contracts on Kerbin are showing again, but I still have the Mun ones. Just confused. :confused:

4 hours ago, casper88 said:

hey nightingale, as part of the overhaul you mentioned; is there a way to remove the limit on accepting contracts? at least for the tier 3 mission control i dont believe there should be a limit (to match stock) casper88

39 minutes ago, nightingale said:

@casper88 - In a stock game you do have a limit though - the limit on the number of offered contracts (eg. 15 by default).  At full reputation the limits are 10/7/4 (21 total), which would be higher than an unmodified stock game.  What limit do you believe is reasonable?  Personally, I think 21 contracts is a lot.

Wait, there's a limit to contracts you can have running on the Level 3 mission control facility? I don't recall ever hitting one. I swear I had one game back before I started using Contract Configurator where I was running 40+ contracts at once, but maybe I'm remembering wrong.

EDIT: additional side note, updating reset my Strategia focus. Cancelled my Mun landing focus for some reason. doesn't look like it imposed the penalty for cancelling though, so no worries.

Edited by vardicd