[1.10.1+] Contract Configurator [v1.30.5] [2020-10-05]

nightingale

30 minutes ago, LatiMacciato said:

ty for reply, dug into my persistent.sav and assuming I'm currently at 35.7892952% reputation, so far I might just need more work to climb up:

Reveal hidden contents

SCENARIO
    {
        name = Reputation
        scene = 7, 8, 5, 6
        rep = 35.7892952
    }

Thing is, it feels like the "never expiring" contracts are sorta blocking a slot. Don't ge me wrong here .. I just might misunderstand the mod's mechanic .. and if the rep is required for a higher number of max accepted contracts that's totally ok with me. :)

The slider in the options that shall multiply max active contracts is not multiplying for me (possibly because I started over and have some contracts that are still mandatory for early career game explorations).

ty for your help :)

EDIT: just noticed I currently can accept 1 more trivial it climbed from 8 to 9! YAY!

Yeah, I don't know the ins and outs of how the sliders work and all, but I DO know that rep plays into it. 

I know what you mean about the never expiring contracts. I have a world first contract (that is, from the agency, not one of the world first milestones) for landing and returning from Eve that I only had 6 days to accept, but never expires. I'm still a ways away from doing that one... (of course, that's a stock contract, so it's not CC's fault; it's mine for being greedy and taking it).

13 hours ago, LatiMacciato said:

The slider in the options that shall multiply max active contracts is not multiplying for me (possibly because I started over and have some contracts that are still mandatory for early career game explorations).

Your also still bound by your mission control level. If you want to accept more than 2 contracts you need to update Mission Control.

15 minutes ago, severedsolo said:

Your also still bound by your mission control level. If you want to accept more than 2 contracts you need to update Mission Control.

On 7.2.2017 at 5:46 AM, LatiMacciato said:

Alright, I have the tourism and the field pack, got 4 contracts that I can't accept but maxed out mission control ergo I should be able to do so, right?
The slider at the setting doesn't raise any limits (it's at 2), it stays max trivial = 8, max significant = 6, max exceptional = 4.

What am I missing?

ty

yep, done that already .. I assume this slider just works for the stock contracts instead of adding some limits to any package tho.

Edited by LatiMacciato

How hard would it to be to add the following Vessel methods?  I don't think I can currently get these parameters.

- Current power supplied by solar panels

- Current power supplied by non-solar generators

- Current power (positive or negative) per second

The second one is, I think, what I'm really after so I could setup a parameter group that says that either you need X capacity of batteries (to deal with the dark period) or X amount of power supplied by non-solar sources (RTGs, nukes, fuel cells).

@nightingale fyi

from my post on the RTcontract pack thread: on a separate note, I have noticed the icons for cc in the mission control are out of alignment..

after look for the logs to try work out why the RT contracts are not showing i noticed that there were two CC_remoteTech and ContractConfigurator dlls (one with extra .) not sure how this happened as I use CKAN..however the duplicate messed up the alignment of the icons 

deleting the extra icons also allowed the RT contracts to reappear

Edited by casper88

I'll start off by saying that I'm playing RO/RSS/RP-0 using KSP 1.1.3 so maybe this problem has already been reported and fixed in the latest version of CC.  If so, apologies.

I just ran the "Station.cfg" milestone contract from RP-0 but had to hack my savegame in order to complete the contract.  The contract requires that you launch an unmanned space station, rendezvous with that station using a manned command pod, spend 30 days on the station after rendezvous, then return the crew to earth in the command pod while leaving the space station in orbit.  To do this, the contract defines two tracked vehicles: spaceStation and crewCapsule.  "spaceStation" is defined when you initially put the station into orbit.  "crewCapsule" gets defined when you get a manned command pod containing at least 2 crew within 1000m of "spaceStation".  After reloading a savegame just prior to starting this contract, I was able to follow along in my savegame to see what was going on.  Launching and putting the spaceStation into orbit works perfectly.  As does launching and rendezvousing with a  manned rocket.  As soon as you get within 1000, a new tracked vehicle entry gets created called "crewCapsule" and the contact updates itself to tell you that's the craft you will eventually take home.  Everything starts to go wrong, though, once you actually dock crewCapsule to spaceStation.  Once the two vessel's become a single (as far as savegame is concerned) the id for both crewCapsule and spaceStation become identical.  If you look at the contract in the savegame just before actually docking, the "Return the crew home" PARAM will have two entries listed with it:

id = Vessel: <crewCapsule name>
title = Vessel: <crewCapsule name>

Immediately after docking, this information changes to:

id = Vessel: <crewCapsule name>
title = Vessel: <spaceStation name>

If you stay focused on the space station for the entire 30 days of the contract and don't reload a save after docking, then you can undock just fine and the contract will complete perfectly.

However, if you load a save game, change to a different craft, or even just return to KSC to speed up time, when you return to the space station, the two lines will now read:

id = Vessel: <spaceStation name>
title = Vessel: <spaceStation name>

At this point if you undock, the contract will want you to return the crew to earth in the space station instead of the crew capsule, while also wanting you to leave the space station in orbit.  And if you check the tracked vessel information, you'll find that both spaceStation and crewCapsule have the same id.  I did a bit of testing and it seems that when you create a save (or when the game creates one as happens when you change scenes), that's when the "id = Vessel:" value is being altered to match whatever is listed in the "title = Vessel:" value.  I don't know why that is the case but when it happens, the only way to complete the contract is by hacking the savegame file to correct the "id = Vessel:" field prior to undocking, or to alter both "id = Vessel:" & "title = Vessel:" fields along with the id of the crewCapsule tracked vessel if you don't catch it until after undocking.

• 2 weeks later...

good morning @ all.

i have trouble with some contacts. i have many packs like bases and stations, grand tours, remote teck, scan sat, ....

i see some contract generated every few seconds, if i select one contract to read the description on the right side, it will bwe grey after a few seconds and i have the click again con the contract to see the description again.

i would be happy if i can become some help

greetings

M4ssler

6 hours ago, M4ssler said:

i see some contract generated every few seconds, if i select one contract to read the description on the right side, it will bwe grey after a few seconds and i have the click again con the contract to see the description again.

Yeah, I only can say. that I also have this problem (sometimes?). But I do not have a solution.

Why are contract pack builders including alternative configurations for their contract packs, if Contract Configurator doesn't detect them or allow me to switch between them?

For example, I've downloaded and installed the Historic Missions pack, which claims to have the ability to switch between various different contract groups.

However, when I go into Contract Configurator settings, I can see the Historic Mission Pack, enable or disable it, but I cannot switch between the optional configurations.

When I check the debug menu, it says all contracts loaded successfully, but under the tab for the mission packs, there is nothing listed.

Desktop%2002.22.2017%20-%2013.11.45.01.p

Desktop%2002.22.2017%20-%2013.13.44.02.p

Any help you can offer would be great.

Edited by Guest

23 hours ago, M4ssler said:

good morning @ all.

i have trouble with some contacts. i have many packs like bases and stations, grand tours, remote teck, scan sat, ....

greetings

M4ssler

This is a known issue

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 2:46 PM, MalfunctionM1Ke said:

Thank you for posting this screenshot, i would have never found the filter setting otherwise. :)

You're welcome. I too was taken by surprise when the normal toolbar icon was removed, and replaced with an entry in the game settings menu.

On 2/22/2017 at 9:53 PM, severedsolo said:

This is a known issue

I've been trying to look into this issue, because it's making the Bases and Stations pack almost unplayable for me.

It seems like the expressions inside of data nodes are constantly being re-evaluated when I'm inside the mission control screen, and this is causing the requirements to fail on contracts that have already been offered but not accepted.

For instance, the "Launch a new Space Station" contract uses this expression:

targetBody1 = OrbitedBodies().Where(body => @/stations.Where(v => v.CelestialBody() == body).Count() == 0).SelectUnique()

the SelectUnique function is picking a new random target body several times per second, and when it happens to pick the sun, the contract's requirement fails and the contract gets withdrawn. All of the Bases and Station contracts that are giving me problems are using some kind of random function in their expressions.

So maybe expressions are not supposed to be evaluated more than once? or maybe the random functions should be seeded for each contract? It's not clear from the ContractConfigurator documentation when expressions are supposed to be evaluated.

Hey, small question: I just got a contract to launch the Golly space station, but it says that it must be in a 6 km orbit or lower. As I recall, objects left on rails below 8 km over Golly get deleted by the game. Is there a simple-is way to increase this?

After investigating the issue further, the problem actually seems to be that each contract type shares the same data nodes, so when Contract Configurator tries to generate another contract of a type, it's changing the value of expressions for all contracts of that type. That's why contracts that were fine when they were generated are suddenly failing their requirements. Having a contract with a random expression in a data node and requirements that use that expression won't work unless the requirements are always satisfied, or only one contract of that type is allowed to be offered at a time.

I have no idea how to fix the underlying problem, but I was able to work around it by modifying ExpressionRequirement to always return true for contracts that are in the offered state. That at least makes the Bases and Stations pack usable.

On 04/03/2017 at 7:32 AM, Merkov said:

Hey, small question: I just got a contract to launch the Golly space station, but it says that it must be in a 6 km orbit or lower. As I recall, objects left on rails below 8 km over Golly get deleted by the game. Is there a simple-is way to increase this?

If that's a Bases and Stations contract please raise an issue on Github and I'll look into it (I may need to increase the minimum altitude).

@drysle - That's very interesting, and makes alot of sense (Field Research is also affected, and uses the same method of storing it's DATA nodes at group level). It's still a bug, as when i implemented this, I was told that wouldn't happen. However, now I know what is happening I may be able to fix it at my end. Willl do some experiments at my end.

9 minutes ago, severedsolo said:

If that's a Bases and Stations contract please raise an issue on Github and I'll look into it (I may need to increase the minimum altitude).

Oops, I thought I had posted that in the Bases and Stations thread. My bad. I'll raise the issue in the morning when I get home so I can put exactly what the contract shows.

I am hoping this is a simple configuration issue but it seems as though this mod is suppressing or hiding stock contracts even when there is no contract pack overriding that category. Basically the only contracts i am seeing are those generated by the few packs i have installed which results in the game not generating any contracts in certain categories. I am hoping there is a way to default to stock contracts if there are no packs installed for the specified category.

Edited by Mikeloeven

15 hours ago, Mikeloeven said:

I am hoping this is a simple configuration issue but it seems as though this mod is suppressing or hiding stock contracts even when there is no contract pack overriding that category. Basically the only contracts i am seeing are those generated by the few packs i have installed which results in the game not generating any contracts in certain categories. I am hoping there is a way to default to stock contracts if there are no packs installed for the specified category.

If you go into your Difficulty Settings you can see which packs CC has disabled and turn them back on again.

On 22.2.2017 at 7:10 AM, M4ssler said:

good morning @ all.

greetings

M4ssler

Just want to say I have the same problem and because of this, KSP is not playable at the moment :(

On 1/17/2017 at 0:56 AM, rsparkyc said:

... 2) What's up with the Multiple assemblies message? I thought maybe somewhere I was referencing another version of ContractConfigurator, but doing a grep in my GameData directory for "minVersion" shows only 1.22.2

Hi, did you figure out how this happened? It is happening to me too.

edit: I downloaded the source. In my case the list of assemblies found is actually of length "1". Maybe the warning text is just inaccurate.

Edited by Rodhern

Is this a good thread to ask for contract implementation hints? Or is there another thread that is better suited for that?

I played around with Config Configurator for the first time, and have added two contracts to the game. One contract is "C60"/"North of Sixty", which is independent of Config Configurator (it is in its own dll). The other contract is "The Kapoin POC Contract Group"/"Kapoin POC North Sixty", which is a Config Configurator one defined in a .cfg file.

I start a new career and get this screen in the mission control building:

C60-1.jpg

Questions:

• I see my "C60" contract is given its own group. Fair enough. Is the image there a generic one, or is it something I can control?
  • The Contract Configurator "Kapoin POC North Sixty" contract says it has its prerequisites met yet it is not offered. Is that a common occurrence? Do you have a good idea how that is fixed?

I didn't find an answer on the Wiki, so any links with more information is appreciated.

On 09/03/2017 at 10:20 PM, Rodhern said:

I see my "C60" contract is given its own group. Fair enough. Is the image there a generic one, or is it something I can control?

It is generic, but if you have an agent you can use that flag instead. Alternatively you can use one built into CC for the stock contracts. https://github.com/jrossignol/ContractConfigurator/wiki/Contract-Group

https://github.com/jrossignol/ContractConfigurator/wiki/How-To#creating-an-agency

On 09/03/2017 at 10:20 PM, Rodhern said:

The Contract Configurator "Kapoin POC North Sixty" contract says it has its prerequisites met yet it is not offered. Is that a common occurrence? Do you have a good idea how that is fixed?

It happens occasionally. If you go to another scene (say start a flight) and back to the Space Centre it may generate. Alternatively you may have a hidden requirement/Data node that's causing it to fail silently. Without seeing the Contract I couldn't say though.

On 07/03/2017 at 1:06 PM, Maschbauer said:

Just want to say I have the same problem and because of this, KSP is not playable at the moment :(

Thanks to some awesome work by @drysle this will be fixed in my packs shortly. Others you'll obviously have to hassle them, but @nightingale seems to be MIA at the moment.

Is it possible to do a module manager patch that would fix contracts that are hard coded to look for a specific body, to look for a different body when playing with a planet pack like GPP that removes the stock planets.  I tried something like this with no luck.   

@CONTRACT_TYPE[*]:NEEDS[GPP]
{
	@DATA
	{
		@Sun = Ciro
		@kerbin = Gael
		@mun = Iota
		@minmus = Ceti
		@duna = Gratian
		@Eve = Niven
	}
}