[1.10.1+] Contract Configurator [v1.30.5] [2020-10-05]

nightingale

Contract Configurator 1.11.1 for KSP 1.1.1.  All the ones!  No real change from 1.11.0, except I decided to compile against the dev RemoteTech since it seems everybody says the release version is too broken.  Download here.

Contract Configurator 1.11.1

• Update to KSP 1.1.1 (release to make CKAN happy).
  • Compile to latest *dev* RemoteTech.

I seem to be getting an NRE upon loading and/or starting a new game on my very modded install. Relevant section (I think) is:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ContractConfigurator.PartModuleUnlockedRequirement.RequirementMet (ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract contract) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ContractConfigurator.ContractRequirement.CheckRequirement (ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract contract) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ContractConfigurator.ContractRequirement.RequirementsMet (ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract contract, ContractConfigurator.ContractType contractType, IEnumerable`1 contractRequirements) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
Rethrow as Exception: ContractConfigurator: Exception checking requirements!

UnityEngine.Debug:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
ContractConfigurator.LoggingUtil:LogException(Exception)
ContractConfigurator.ContractRequirement:RequirementsMet(ConfiguredContract, ContractType, IEnumerable`1)
ContractConfigurator.ContractType:MeetExtendedRequirements(ConfiguredContract, ContractType)
ContractConfigurator.<ContractGenerator>d__27:MoveNext()
ContractConfigurator.<ContractGenerator>d__26:MoveNext()
ContractConfigurator.ContractPreLoader:Update()

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Log file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59567837/output_log_CC_nre.txt

This is on an install with many many mods, and it does not appear to occur with stock only. I am assuming this is caused by one or more of the contract packs I have installed, which are:

1. Field Research (Not updated for 1.1.1 I think)

2. GAP (Also not 1.1.1 yet...?)

3. Kerbin Space Station (Yes 1.1.1)

4. Tourism Plus (Don't think 1.1.1)

Anyway, I'm posting this just in case CC for some reason shouldn't be generating an NRE even if one of those contract packs is actually to blame.

EDIT: Also, FYI, the version file in the 1.11.1 download says it's actually 1.11.0 and points to the 1.11.0 changenotes and such.

Edited by AccidentalDisassembly

4 hours ago, AccidentalDisassembly said:

I seem to be getting an NRE upon loading and/or starting a new game on my very modded install. Relevant section (I think) is:

Log file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59567837/output_log_CC_nre.txt

This is on an install with many many mods, and it does not appear to occur with stock only. I am assuming this is caused by one or more of the contract packs I have installed, which are:

1. Field Research (Not updated for 1.1.1 I think)

2. GAP (Also not 1.1.1 yet...?)

3. Kerbin Space Station (Yes 1.1.1)

4. Tourism Plus (Don't think 1.1.1)

Anyway, I'm posting this just in case CC for some reason shouldn't be generating an NRE even if one of those contract packs is actually to blame.

EDIT: Also, FYI, the version file in the 1.11.1 download says it's actually 1.11.0 and points to the 1.11.0 changenotes and such.

I haven't been able to track this one down, can you turn Contract Configurator debug on and get me one more log file (instructions here).

Also, this is scary and you may want to re-install KSP first (or validate if using steam):

The file 'C:/Games/KSP_win/KSP_x64_Data/sharedassets0.assets' is corrupted! Remove it and launch unity again!
[Position out of bounds!]

OK, hopefully got the logging right. Before I tried this, I did reinstall KSP from a ZIP (overwrote patched 1.1 version).

Loaded up KSP, started new game, upon entering KSC scene exceptions were thrown at regular intervals. But there seem to be quite a lot of problems happening with many mods, so I'm not even sure if it's CC...

Log: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59567837/output_log_CConfig2.txt

41 minutes ago, AccidentalDisassembly said:

OK, hopefully got the logging right. Before I tried this, I did reinstall KSP from a ZIP (overwrote patched 1.1 version).

Loaded up KSP, started new game, upon entering KSC scene exceptions were thrown at regular intervals. But there seem to be quite a lot of problems happening with many mods, so I'm not even sure if it's CC...

Log: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59567837/output_log_CConfig2.txt

Well, those major errors are gone, but there's a lot of weird stuff in that log.  I think I found the exception in Contract Configurator, but if I guessed right then the cause is a really messed up parts list (there's a null entry that got in there somehow).  You can test out the dev version here and let me know if at least the Contract Configurator issues goes away.

I accept the contract after updating, and launch a new vessel with all required parts, then reach required orbit. none of objects were ticked when the requirements were meet.
The ion scan does not work as well. I haven't check other contract pack. but stock contract looks fine, I did one that required transmit data from space.

Spoiler

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

I'm not sure if it is MCE's problem. Just let you know.

https://github.com/malkuth1974/MissionController2/files/243469/KSP.log.txt

I am having a problem with the new 1.11.1 version with the RT missions but the error looks like the other one you were working on in here.

Screen shot of the CC Debug Window: http://imgur.com/pKRYJcE

KSP Logs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lxrjvpqcrq7kno0/KSP.log?dl=0

I also did try with the 2 other files you linked in your posts nightingale

Edited by KnotaiG

@nightingale Just installed 1.1.2 with the updated version of MM (2.6.24) and Exception Detector generating massive amounts of faults, claiming it to be ContractConfigurator. KSP.log file is showing me this:

[EXC 10:11:24.646] MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'PopupDialog.SpawnPopupDialog'.
	UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID)
	UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)

xXJK0ie.png

Edited by thunder175

Exception occured while loading contract 'ScanKerbinLoRes':
System.ArgumentException: 'Kerbin' is not a valid CelestialBody.
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseCelestialBodyValue (System.String celestialName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseSingleValue[CelestialBody] (System.String key, System.String stringValue, Boolean allowExpression) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[CelestialBody] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, Boolean allowExpression) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[CelestialBody] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, .CelestialBody defaultValue) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ContractConfigurator.ContractRequirement.Load (.ConfigNode configNode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ContractConfigurator.ContractRequirement.LoadRequirement (.ConfigNode configNode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Exception occured while saving contract parameter 'SCANsatCoverage1' in contract 'ScanKerbinLoRes':
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ContractConfigurator.SCANsatCoverage.OnParameterSave (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ContractConfigurator.Parameters.ContractConfiguratorParameter.OnSave (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Contract Configurator 1.11.1 does not work on KSP 1.1.2.

I'll get a new release out as soon as possible, and sort out the above bug reports (although anything that's on KSP 1.1.2 I'm ignoring, because it's clearly broken).

@AccidentalDisassembly  - I threw in a few more checks, try the 1.11.2 release (below) on KSP 1.1.2.

@wqt0806 - MCE and Contract Configurator have nothing to do with each other. :)

@QiJian - I need more info.  There used to be a conflict with Kopernicus and Scatterer that would cause that error.  Or you have RSS and a contract pack that doesn't support it.  Won't be able to say much more without logs.

And release for KSP 1.1.2 is out.  Download here.

Contract Configurator 1.11.2

• Recompile against KSP 1.1.2.
  • Possible fix to PartModuleUnlockedRequirement (thanks AccidentalDisassembly).
  • Fixed exception when generating autoAccept contracts.
Edited by nightingale

9 minutes ago, nightingale said:

And release for KSP 1.1.2 is out.  Download here.

Contract Configurator 1.11.2

• Recompile against KSP 1.1.2.
  • Possible fix to PartModuleUnlockedRequirement (thanks AccidentalDisassembly).
  • Fixed exception when generating autoAccept contracts.

Still the same for me. LOG https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_JwtUgADPooVjJMbzhmeURneDQ/view?usp=sharing

@nightingale Following up on my previous post since it may be a non-issue for you. I uninstalled CC 1.11.1 and was still getting the UnityGUI exceptions although they were labeled 'unknown' now. Apparently they are being generated by the dev version of KCT: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83342-105-kerbal-construction-time-132-mar-7-2016-unrapid-planned-assembly/&do=findComment&comment=2550508

@QiJian - You have RSS and a bunch of contract packs that don't support RSS.  The historic missions one has two variants (one for RSS), and there are many SCANsat contract packs (the one that comes with SCANsat does work with RSS).

@KnotaiG - Reproduced, think it's something to do with 1.1.2, but not sure.  Raised #504.

@nightingale - I can got the same error with CC 1.11.1 & KSP 1.1.1 so this is not a 1.1.2 error. I did not have this issue with CC 1.10.4 (Compiled it myself) with 1.1.1

I'm going to try and compile 1.10.4 against 1.1.2 and see if I get the error. But looking at the code nothing major really has changed on GitHub.

Yes I can compile against 1.1.2 with CC 1.10.4 and contracts for RT show up no errors.

Edited by KnotaiG
update

Exception occured while loading contract parameter 'ReachSpecificOrbit' in contract 'CleverSat.CleverSatCore':
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Contracts.ContractParameter].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Contracts.ContractParameter.GetParameter (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.Parameters.VesselParameterDelegator.GetParamFromPath (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.Parameters.VesselParameterDelegator.OnParameterLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.Parameters.ContractConfiguratorParameter.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Getting this now with the new KSP 1.1.2 and Contract Configurator 1.11.2

1 hour ago, Tossy64 said:

Exception occured while loading contract parameter 'ReachSpecificOrbit' in contract 'CleverSat.CleverSatCore':
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Contracts.ContractParameter].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Contracts.ContractParameter.GetParameter (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.Parameters.VesselParameterDelegator.GetParamFromPath (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.Parameters.VesselParameterDelegator.OnParameterLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.Parameters.ContractConfiguratorParameter.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Getting this now with the new KSP 1.1.2 and Contract Configurator 1.11.2

Oh bums. I was going to work on CleverSats tonight. Ah well, at least I know there is no point updating the version file just yet.

Hello, I believe your new release was suppose to fix PartModuleTypeUnlocked error but it looks like the issue persists. Please let me know if you need more details.

ArgumentException: No PartModules found for type 'Antenna'.
  at ContractConfigurator.Validation.ValidatePartModuleType (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at System.Linq.Enumerable.All[String] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at ContractConfigurator.PartModuleTypeUnlockedRequirement+<>c.<LoadFromConfig>b__1_1 (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 l) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[List`1] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, System.Action`1 setter, IContractConfiguratorFactory obj, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 defaultValue, System.Func`2 validation) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.Debug:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
ContractConfigurator.LoggingUtil:LogException(Exception)
ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil:ParseValue(ConfigNode, String, Action`1, IContractConfiguratorFactory, List`1, Func`2)
ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil:ParseValue(ConfigNode, String, Action`1, IContractConfiguratorFactory, Func`2)
ContractConfigurator.PartModuleTypeUnlockedRequirement:LoadFromConfig(ConfigNode)
ContractConfigurator.ContractRequirement:GenerateRequirement(ConfigNode, ContractType, ContractRequirement&, IContractConfiguratorFactory)
ContractConfigurator.ContractType:Load(ConfigNode)
ContractConfigurator.<LoadContractConfig>d__26:MoveNext()
ContractConfigurator.ContractConfigurator:Update()

Thanks

I think this CC update causes an issue in the "Mission Control" building. It throws an exception when I try to exit the building

[EXC 20:20:13.291] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	Contracts.Parameters.PartTest.OnSave (.ConfigNode node)
	Contracts.ContractParameter.Save (.ConfigNode node)
	Contracts.Contract.Save (.ConfigNode node)
	Contracts.ContractSystem.OnSave (.ConfigNode gameNode)
	ScenarioModule.Save (.ConfigNode node)
	ProtoScenarioModule..ctor (.ScenarioModule module)
	ScenarioRunner.GetUpdatedProtoModules ()
	Game.Updated ()
	GamePersistence.SaveGame (System.String saveFileName, System.String saveFolder, SaveMode saveMode)
	MCSceneSpawner.OnMCDespawn ()
	EventVoid.Fire ()
	MCDespawner.BtnExit ()
	UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke (System.Object[] args)
	UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCallList.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters)
	UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters)
	UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke ()
	UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press ()
	UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

@Tossy64 & @severedsolo that's an upgrade problem from something that got removed.  I'll write up something that just auto-cancels the contract (best I can offer in this instance).

@AccidentalDisassembly - I don't think GAP is actually the problem though (that's just what's exposing it in Contract Configurator.  I'm hoping once you clear up those other issues that it should be resolved.

@crapstar - That is now fixed for the next release.

@Warezcrawler - That error is 100% stock.  If I had to guess it happened because a part changed in some way (got renamed or removed).  Could be stock or from a  mod.

---

I'm pretty much out of time until sometime tomorrow, so releasing this to fix the couple breaking issues that have been identified.  Download here.

Contract Configurator 1.11.3

• Revert additional check added in 1.11.0 that broke PartModuleTypeUnlocked (thanks KnotaiG).
  • Work around upgrade issue with ReachSpecificOrbit (thansk Tossy64).
Edited by nightingale