[1.10.1+] Contract Configurator [v1.30.5] [2020-10-05]

nightingale

7 minutes ago, Mace from Space said:

Need to confirm that. When CC is installed a lot of app icons disapear. For me only Stage Recovery stays but only in the blizzy Toolbar, the others vanish completly. Those are ScanSat, TAC Fuel Balancer, USI, RealChute, Vertical Velocity and EPL.

After i disabled CC, tac fuel balancer showed up like a brand new install. With CC installed,  EPL disappeared for me, Stage recovery stayed for me in blizzy, void disappeared, I didnt pay attention to usi or real chute, and scansat was a odd instance.

Anyways, i did a edit while you were posting that for something i just noticed which im off to go check. Although its going to be slow for me. I take care of my mother who has terminal cancer and she's having a bad day today so im off and on.

Edited by thrandisher
Engrish failed me today!

Nightingale has foreseen this all a month ago. The problem is the old code used to create buttons in Blizzy's Toolbar is confliting with CC. Modders need to update their wrapper with a new code:

Guys, please notify the modders of the mods dependent on the Blizzy's Toolbar to update their code.

Edited by Enceos

Installed Contract Configurator and a couple of packs, noticed the Toolbar bug and decided to uninstall it.

However, this made all my current and finished contracts just disappear.  I found some older save backups and tried to load them, but without any success.

Yup, thanks to all that identified the issue and linked back to my old post about toolbar:

I meant to re-post that info, but it must've slipped my mind.  In short, if you see this error:

[EXC 21:21:15.772] NotSupportedException: The invoked member is not supported in a dynamic module.
    System.Reflection.Emit.AssemblyBuilder.GetExportedTypes () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection.Emit/AssemblyBuilder.cs:680)
    RSTUtils.ToolbarTypes+<>c.<getType>b__5_0 (.LoadedAssembly a)
    System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateSelectManyIterator>c__Iterator12`2[AssemblyLoader+LoadedAssembly,System.Type].MoveNext ()
    System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[Type] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate, Fallback fallback)
    System.Linq.Enumerable.SingleOrDefault[Type] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate)
    RSTUtils.ToolbarTypes.getType (System.String name)
    RSTUtils.ToolbarManager.get_Instance ()
    RSTUtils.ToolbarManager.get_ToolbarAvailable ()

Report the issue against the mod listed on the ToolbarTypes line (the RSTUtils part will be different).  In most cases, it will be reasonably obvious which mod it is.

Apologies again - I know that this change would break a lot of stuff because of the bug in the toolbar code (which is code copied in every mod - so you'll hit the issue even with toolbar not installed).  Hopefully most of these will get sorted relatively soon.

Meanwhile, if anyone comes in and misses this post, please feel free to redirect them. :wink:

I'm having an issue with the HistoricalMissions contract pack where new missions are not offered, and existing contracts that I had in progress are removed from my list. In the log, I have the following (example):

[INFO] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: Cancelling contract of type Ranger-7 (Ranger-7): Contract group RangerMission is not enabled.
Warning: ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract: Removed contract 'Ranger-7', as it no longer meets the requirements.

I'm not sure if this is a bug in ContractConfigurator, the mission pack, my save, or some other conflict. If I go to Mission Control, I can drill down in the HistoricMissions group several groups deep ("1. Space Race Era (1945 - 1975)" --> "1964 - 1966" --> "The Ranger Program") and select the contract in question , which has 6 pre-requisites, all listed as met. The HistoricMissions contract group is selected in the ContractConfigurator settings menu; is there a problem because it has sub-groups?

I'm hesitant to continue my save at this point. Will those missions be re-offered? Is the entire contract pack broken?

5 hours ago, jeisen said:

I'm having an issue with the HistoricalMissions contract pack where new missions are not offered, and existing contracts that I had in progress are removed from my list. In the log, I have the following 

Same thing. Didn't nothing that could cause such behavior. ALL contracts sudenly disappeared both from "Archive" and "Active" tabs on game load. One time contracts that were completed before are offered again.

Moreso, if I take a new contract - it disappears from Active list at the moment I enter VAB or SPH.

Earlier I had such issues only when upgrading CC to newer version. Something is very wrong with this build... 

7 minutes ago, Dr. Jet said:

Same thing. Didn't nothing that could cause such behavior. ALL contracts sudenly disappeared both from "Archive" and "Active" tabs on game load. One time contracts that were completed before are offered again.

Moreso, if I take a new contract - it disappears from Active list at the moment I enter VAB or SPH.

Earlier I had such issues only when upgrading CC to newer version. Something is very wrong with this build... 

Again this sounds like it is not CC related. This issue is reported several times. Do you have CryoTanks aka Nerts AtomicEngines or CryoEngines installed? There was a bad dll in the initial release. A new version is up which fixes that.

You could just check a few post upwards, you are not the only one experiencing this one.

Edited by Mace from Space

8 minutes ago, Eklykti said:

Contracts mod breaking toolbars, engine mod breaking contracts… massaraksh.

Yea. The situation right now is worse than the wait for the mod updates. Now they are released and you have to decide which one you will miss the least or which bug you can live with easiest.

Well for me its the missing toolbar. It will get fixed in time. I have opened GitHub issues on the mods I know they need to be updated with Toolbar wrapper. Now all I can do is wait..... again. ;-)

1 hour ago, Eklykti said:

Contracts mod breaking toolbars, engine mod breaking contracts… massaraksh.

Could you tell me more about the engine mod breaking things? Just so I can check my mod folder. Have some problems with contracts right now.

2 minutes ago, DocMop said:

Could you tell me more about the engine mod breaking things? Just so I can check my mod folder. Have some problems with contracts right now.

1 hour ago, Mace from Space said:

Again this sounds like it is not CC related. This issue is reported several times. Do you have CryoTanks aka Nerts AtomicEngines or CryoEngines installed? There was a bad dll in the initial release. A new version is up which fixes that.

You could just check a few post upwards, you are not the only one experiencing this one.

Edit: Hm that one is going to repeat a lot

3 minutes ago, DocMop said:

Could you tell me more about the engine mod breaking things?

cd ./GameData/CryoTanks/Plugins && rm -vf Assembly-CSharp.dll Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll KSPAssets.dll Mono.Cecil.dll Mono.Security.dll SimpleBoiloff.pdb TDx.TDxInput.dll TrackIRUnity.dll UnityEngine.dll UnityEngine.UI.dll UnityEngine.xml

2 hours ago, Mace from Space said:

Every bug concerning non-working contracts is CC-related. Confirmed by practice.

Update Nertea packages manually. Bug persists.

I can't imagine how tanks/engines plugin, even defective one can affect contracts. 

P.S. Seems that updating is not enough. Let's check if Delete/Reinstall will work? 

Edited by Dr. Jet

7 minutes ago, Dr. Jet said:

Every bug concerning non-working contracts is CC-related. Confirmed by practice.

I can't imagine how tanks/engines plugin, even defective one can affect contracts. 

Lost my contracts, before CC was released. Had Cryoengines and Kerbal Atomics installed in V 0.4 and 0.3. That killed my contracts. After update to 0.41 and 0.31 the contracts were stable again. I havn't asked why it kills the contracts, i was just glad that it's fixed.

Edited by LeLeon

6 minutes ago, Dr. Jet said:

I cant imagine either but it is like it is. If you dont believe me check Nertea's thread. Maybe you trust his words.

i just share expirience with I had and probably know the solution so people dont need to invest a lot of time searching an answer when I already did. 

You can also read above that people fixed the issue that way cause it was exactly that problem.

BTW: i dont like your tongue

Edit: If you find another bug and a solution youre welcome to share with us

Addition

5 minutes ago, Dr. Jet said:

If you remove them (which I did) it stops happening. Also Nertea said in the thread it was an issue his side.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Jet said:

Seems that deleting and re-installing "Cryogenic Tanks" from scratch does work. There was some junk in plugin folder which I didn't notice at first.

Uh Really. So you updated the mod the right way this time?! No need to apologize.

I do it in advance for my sarcasm.  Next time follow the rules. Think. Push. Speak.