[1.10.1+] Contract Configurator [v1.30.5] [2020-10-05]

nightingale

Galileo's planet pack came out the other day, which replaces the entire solar system.

Anyway, i started up a new game with it and checked my console and noticed i was being spammed with this every .0000001 second.

Spoiler

ArgumentException: 'Sun' is not a valid CelestialBody.
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseCelestialBodyValue (System.String celestialName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseSingleValue[CelestialBody] (System.String key, System.String stringValue, Boolean allowExpression) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
  at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
  at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[List`1] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, Boolean allowExpression) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Log file

What little time i played, i was still getting contracts and things "seemed" to work fine. Granted, contract packs that would require  you to visit certain locations on different planets wouldn't work because there no longer there, but that's a given.

@thrandisher - The missing context line is the one right before the stack trace you posted:

ContractConfigurator.Behaviour.OrbitGeneratorFactory: CONTRACT_TYPE 'CleverSatConstellationShift', BEHAVIOUR '' of type 'OrbitGenerator: Error parsing inclinationFactor

So it's an incompatibility between @Galileo's planet pack and @severedsolo's Clever Sats Contract Pack.  Likely solution would be for the contract pack to use the IsSun() method to "find" the Sun (I assume it gets renamed to something different in the planet pack).

30 minutes ago, nightingale said:

@thrandisher - The missing context line is the one right before the stack trace you posted:

ContractConfigurator.Behaviour.OrbitGeneratorFactory: CONTRACT_TYPE 'CleverSatConstellationShift', BEHAVIOUR '' of type 'OrbitGenerator: Error parsing inclinationFactor

So it's an incompatibility between @Galileo's planet pack and @severedsolo's Clever Sats Contract Pack.  Likely solution would be for the contract pack to use the IsSun() method to "find" the Sun (I assume it gets renamed to something different in the planet pack).

Aha! Ok, guess i missed that (getting harder by the day to go without coffee).

I did run without any contract packs and just strait up CC and had the error also. I'll do a bit more testing in a bit and probably post a log of that if its still continueing and i dont see the root of it.

And ya, the sun is renamed.

EDIT:

So i deleted cc and all contract packs and ran with CC by itself im still getting nonstop of

Spoiler

ArgumentException: 'Sun' is not a valid CelestialBody.
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseCelestialBodyValue (System.String celestialName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseSingleValue[CelestialBody] (System.String key, System.String stringValue, Boolean allowExpression) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
  at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[List`1] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, Boolean allowExpression) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

cc2 output log

Edited by thrandisher
added a new log file

Question, and possible feature request.

With the "award experience" contract behavior is it possible to set a maximum?
https://github.com/jrossignol/ContractConfigurator/wiki/AwardExperience-Behaviour

For example, if I want to have a repeatable training mission for 1 star worth of experience, but have it reward no experience to Kerbals with 3 or more stars to prevent abuse, is that possible? (So it could be used to train a kerbal from zero to two stars, but not to three)

If not, is it something that might be possible in a future update?

Related question, is it possible for the "Kerbal = " argument to accept a crew member type? As in, it would only reward the experience to pilots but not scientists or engineers?

Edited by tjsnh

6 hours ago, tjsnh said:

For example, if I want to have a repeatable training mission for 1 star worth of experience, but have it reward no experience to Kerbals with 3 or more stars to prevent abuse, is that possible? (So it could be used to train a kerbal from zero to two stars, but not to three)

Probably not exactly what you want, but with Kerbal Academy I got round this by using Expressions to find the kerbals I was willing to award experience to, based on the criteria. So in your case something like:

DATA
		{
			type = Kerbal
			uniquenessCheck = CONTRACT_ACTIVE
			trainee = AllKerbals().Where(m => m.ExperienceTrait() == "Pilot" && m.Type() == Crew && m.RosterStatus() == Available && m.ExperienceLevel()<3).SelectUnique()
			title = <insert title here>
}

BEHAVIOUR
		{
			name = AwardExperience
			type = AwardExperience
			kerbal = @/trainee
			experience = @/expAward
}

I'll play around with that idea, thanks.
I'm trying to expand my packs to include more aircraft contract flights, and when going through the possible reasons/motivations a player would have to fly an aircraft over a long distance time consuming set of waypoints, I wanted to be able to reward something beyond the usual "extra funds they probably dont need" so the idea came to mind of having them be training flights of some kind.

Can I use this mod to modify squad's build in contracts to further extend? - I wish to make "recover kerbal from space" contracts much tighter on time; however with a simple multiplication factor this means that, while kerbin contracts are still easily possible, any "outside kerbin SOI" contract becomes near impossible to reach in time.

4 minutes ago, paul23 said:

I guess it's also not possible to "disable" all stock-contracts?

It is, actually!
And very easy.

https://github.com/jrossignol/ContractConfigurator/wiki/Miscellaneous

I use a disablenonsense.cfg file to turn off the default rescue missions, tourism, and part testing.

Edited by tjsnh

I'm getting this error message:

Spoiler

Exception occured while loading contract 'RoverMissionsGroup.RoverDeploy':
System.ArgumentException: 'Plock' is not a valid CelestialBody.
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[CelestialBody] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, Boolean allowExpression) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[CelestialBody] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, .CelestialBody defaultValue) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

and it told me to post this here. I assume it is an issue with OPM, but it is also turning my screen black and resetting my clock to the start. Is the screen getting black a problem of OPM or Contract Configurator?

9 minutes ago, HoveringKiller said:

I'm getting this error message:

Reveal hidden contents

Exception occured while loading contract 'RoverMissionsGroup.RoverDeploy':
System.ArgumentException: 'Plock' is not a valid CelestialBody.
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[CelestialBody] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, Boolean allowExpression) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[CelestialBody] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, .CelestialBody defaultValue) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

and it told me to post this here. I assume it is an issue with OPM, but it is also turning my screen black and resetting my clock to the start. Is the screen getting black a problem of OPM or Contract Configurator?

Did you recently update to the new version of Kopernicus? (1.2.1 Release 2?) That version broke some parts of OPM by the looks of it, and the screen turning black is one of the symptoms. Check out the OPM thread and see if the things being reported there look like what you are seeing.

If that IS what you are seeing, at least it looks like a fix may be incoming. Or you can revert to Kopernicus 1.2.1 Release 1.

If that ISN'T what you are seeing, then forget about this post. :) 

15 minutes ago, Merkov said:

Did you recently update to the new version of Kopernicus? (1.2.1 Release 2?) That version broke some parts of OPM by the looks of it, and the screen turning black is one of the symptoms. Check out the OPM thread and see if the things being reported there look like what you are seeing.

If that IS what you are seeing, at least it looks like a fix may be incoming. Or you can revert to Kopernicus 1.2.1 Release 1.

If that ISN'T what you are seeing, then forget about this post. :) 

Yes I did install it. And I'll head on over there now, and post this as well and see about an update. Thanks!

Hi @nightingale,

I have a request for CC, that I think would not be too hard to implement :

Could you please add the argument of periapsis parameter into the Orbit Parameter?
I would need it to validate molniya orbit without using the orbit generator : molnya orbits have AOP=-90.

Thanks if you do it!

you can turn on and off everything in the new settings menu. 

Recovery // Rescue and Recovery Contracts
    {
        MaximumAvailable = 1 // The maximum amount of inactive recovery contracts in Mission Control
        MaximumActive = 5 // The maximum amount of active recovery contracts that have been accepted
        AllowKerbalRescue = True // Whether to allow kerbal only rescues at all
        AllowPartRecovery = False // Whether to allow part only recoveries at all
        AllowCompoundRecovery = False // Whether to allow compound recoveries of kerbals and parts at all

i use this which is in squad/contracts/contracts.cfg after i turn off part testing and tourism so i dont get flooded with rescue contracts. also use research bodies on hard to kinda of limit which bodies it generates contracts for. 

@hargn - relatively easy, but the reason it's not there is I'm concerned that the argument of periapsis is hard to understand for the average user, and difficult to visualize.  If I were to add a "time of day" parameter, you could have it so the orbit needs to be over a specific waypoint at a specific time of day.  Would that work for you?

I have problem with showing orbit line of contract (new & accepted).

Spoiler

[LOG 20:20:06.431] [MessageSystem] Reposition 0.02 39878
[LOG 20:20:06.439] [PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Kerbin
[LOG 20:20:06.529] [UIApp] Adding ContractsApp to Application Launcher
[LOG 20:20:06.532] ScaleModList: listSize 82 maxListSize 1456
[LOG 20:20:06.533] [Contract Parser] Loading All Contracts...
[LOG 20:20:06.536] [Contract Parser] Finished Loading All Contracts
[LOG 20:20:06.547] [GenericAppFrame] Reposition 0.1178468 39883
[LOG 20:20:06.570] [UIApp] Adding KSPedia to Application Launcher
[LOG 20:20:06.573] ScaleModList: listSize 82 maxListSize 1415
[ERR 20:20:10.589] Exception handling event OnMapViewFiltersModified in class OrbitGenerator:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ContractConfigurator.Behaviour.OrbitGenerator.OnMapViewFiltersModified (VesselTypeFilter filter) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EventData`1[MapViewFiltering+VesselTypeFilter].Fire (VesselTypeFilter data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

[EXC 20:20:10.594] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ContractConfigurator.Behaviour.OrbitGenerator.OnMapViewFiltersModified (VesselTypeFilter filter)
    EventData`1[MapViewFiltering+VesselTypeFilter].Fire (VesselTypeFilter data)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    EventData`1:Fire(VesselTypeFilter)
    ContractConfigurator.Util.TrackingStationUI:OfferedOrbitButtonClick()
    UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent:Invoke()
    KSP.UI.Screens.TrackingStationObjectButton:Update()
[ERR 20:20:10.598] Exception handling event OnMapViewFiltersModified in class OrbitGenerator:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ContractConfigurator.Behaviour.OrbitGenerator.OnMapViewFiltersModified (VesselTypeFilter filter) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EventData`1[MapViewFiltering+VesselTypeFilter].Fire (VesselTypeFilter data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

[EXC 20:20:10.601] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ContractConfigurator.Behaviour.OrbitGenerator.OnMapViewFiltersModified (VesselTypeFilter filter)
[ERR 20:20:10.605] Exception handling event OnMapViewFiltersModified in class OrbitGenerator:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[EXC 20:20:10.608] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[ERR 20:20:10.612] Exception handling event OnMapViewFiltersModified in class OrbitGenerator:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[EXC 20:20:10.615] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[ERR 20:20:11.506] Exception handling event OnMapViewFiltersModified in class OrbitGenerator:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[EXC 20:20:11.509] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ContractConfigurator.Util.TrackingStationUI:ActiveOrbitButtonClick()
[ERR 20:20:11.513] Exception handling event OnMapViewFiltersModified in class OrbitGenerator:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[EXC 20:20:11.516] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[ERR 20:20:11.521] Exception handling event OnMapViewFiltersModified in class OrbitGenerator:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[EXC 20:20:11.523] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[ERR 20:20:11.528] Exception handling event OnMapViewFiltersModified in class OrbitGenerator:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[EXC 20:20:11.531] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[ERR 20:20:12.673] Exception handling event OnMapViewFiltersModified in class OrbitGenerator:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[EXC 20:20:12.676] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[ERR 20:20:12.681] Exception handling event OnMapViewFiltersModified in class OrbitGenerator:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[EXC 20:20:12.683] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[ERR 20:20:12.688] Exception handling event OnMapViewFiltersModified in class OrbitGenerator:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[EXC 20:20:12.690] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[ERR 20:20:12.695] Exception handling event OnMapViewFiltersModified in class OrbitGenerator:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[EXC 20:20:12.698] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[ERR 20:20:13.624] Exception handling event OnMapViewFiltersModified in class OrbitGenerator:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[EXC 20:20:13.626] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[ERR 20:20:13.631] Exception handling event OnMapViewFiltersModified in class OrbitGenerator:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[EXC 20:20:13.634] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[ERR 20:20:13.638] Exception handling event OnMapViewFiltersModified in class OrbitGenerator:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[EXC 20:20:13.641] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[ERR 20:20:13.645] Exception handling event OnMapViewFiltersModified in class OrbitGenerator:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[EXC 20:20:13.648] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[LOG 20:20:18.889] Flight State Captured
[LOG 20:20:18.890] Saving Achievements Tree...
[LOG 20:20:18.902] [MessageSystem] Save Messages
[LOG 20:20:18.910] Game State Saved to saves/Test/persistent
[LOG 20:20:18.910] [Tracking Station]: SetVessel(null)
[LOG 20:20:18.911] [PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Kerbin
[LOG 20:20:18.924] ScaleModList: listSize 82 maxListSize 1415
[LOG 20:20:18.927] [UIMasterController]: HideUI
[WRN 20:20:18.968] [HighLogic]: =========================== Scene Change : From TRACKSTATION to SPACECENTER =====================

I have following active mods:

Spoiler

{
            "name": "AsphaltTiles"
        },
        {
            "name": "AsphaltTilesWelded"
        },
        {
            "name": "SCANsat"
        },
        {
            "name": "xScience"
        },
        {
            "name": "InterstellarFuelSwitch-Core"
        },
        {
            "name": "ContractConfigurator-KerbalAcademy"
        },
        {
            "name": "ContractConfigurator-FieldResearch"
        },
        {
            "name": "ScienceRelay"
        },
        {
            "name": "ContractConfigurator-KerbinSpaceStation"
        },
        {
            "name": "ContractConfigurator"
        },
        {
            "name": "ModuleManager"
        },
        {
            "name": "FirespitterCore"
        },
        {
            "name": "ContractConfigurator-CleverSats"
        },
        {
            "name": "TextureReplacer"
        },
        {
            "name": "EVAParachutes"
        },
        {
            "name": "DMagicOrbitalScience"
        },
        {
            "name": "CommunityResourcePack"
        },
        {
            "name": "REPOSoftTech-Agencies"
        },
        {
            "name": "CommunityTechTree"
        },
        {
            "name": "GAP"
        },
        {
            "name": "ContractConfigurator-ContractPack-SCANsat"
        },
        {
            "name": "Ceteras-Suit-Pack"
        },
        {
            "name": "ContractParser"
        },
        {
            "name": "ColorCodedCans"
        },
        {
            "name": "NMSG"
        },
        {
            "name": "FuelTanksPlus"
        },
        {
            "name": "KWRocketryRedux"
        },
        {
            "name": "KWRocketryRedux-InstantPwr"
        }

Maybe it is same bug which you have pointed at #601?

On 27/11/2016 at 2:58 AM, nightingale said:

@hargn - relatively easy, but the reason it's not there is I'm concerned that the argument of periapsis is hard to understand for the average user, and difficult to visualize.  If I were to add a "time of day" parameter, you could have it so the orbit needs to be over a specific waypoint at a specific time of day.  Would that work for you?

I think not.
I need it to create a milestone contracts for RP-0 : the first molniya (and after tundra) orbit.
For it, the orbit parameter set the conditions to fill in order to be in these kind of orbits : Apoapsis, Periapsis (I add the orbit's period of 12h and 24h because they are easy to understand).

But these orbits have their periapsis at the lowest latitude (and respectively the apoapsis at the highest latitude). So the AOP has to be 90°.
As RP-0 comes with MechJeb, it is easy for the user to add maneuver points to fill this parameter.

So I would need the maxAOP and minAOP parameters to define the range allowed to fill these contracts.