[1.10.1+] Contract Configurator [v1.30.5] [2020-10-05]

nightingale

1 hour ago, nightingale said:

with this method it would still show up as a contract, it would just be disabled with a requirement stating that contract requires MH

... Which will drive some people to write angry tweets/posts about Take 2 and monetisation, guaranteed :D:D

Edited by avalancha

We are looking to add some "downrange" missions to the setup we have. Essentially, we want to have the player reach a distance AWAY horizontally from the launch site. My thought was that we could use the Waypoint Generator, but since we have many different launch sites, just setting it as a distance from the KSC would not work great. Ideally I could use the current location to then set a waypoint from that. Is that possible? Or is there a better way to accomplish my goal?

Thanks!

8 hours ago, pap1723 said:

We are looking to add some "downrange" missions to the setup we have. Essentially, we want to have the player reach a distance AWAY horizontally from the launch site. My thought was that we could use the Waypoint Generator, but since we have many different launch sites, just setting it as a distance from the KSC would not work great. Ideally I could use the current location to then set a waypoint from that. Is that possible? Or is there a better way to accomplish my goal?

Technically, the WaypointGenerator behaviour supports that through RANDOM_WAYPOINT_NEAR.  You would have to set one waypoint for the launch site (it can be hidden), and then have one generated "near" it with min/max distances set.  Be careful though, because there's a known bug/limitation where it uses a stock method that only supports maxDistance (not minDistance) and just re-rolls the waypoints until it hits one that fits the bill.  So there could be poor performance if you choose a very small window (or if you make minDistance = maxDistance it'll probably be an infinite loop).

8 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

is 1.27 for sure not ksp1.5.1-friendly? It's marked as such in the version file, but I didn't know if that was 100% intentional. Danke! :D

For sure not tested on 1.5.1, for sure not supported.  Most likely does work though, just reproduce stuff on 1.6.x if you want to report bugs is all.

13 hours ago, pap1723 said:

Thanks @nightingale

What are your thoughts on us backporting one of your releases to 1.4.5? We are trying to get it listed on CKAN so we can release RP-1 for that version.

Question - does the current release work on 1.4.5?  From memory, there wasn't anything I needed to change for 1.5.x or 1.6.x compatibility, so there's a good chance that it's already backwards compatible.  If yes, then I'll just do a new release and set the minimum version to 1.4.5.  If not, then I can do a one-off recompiled against 1.4.5 (that way all the CKAN stuff will happen automatically).

It's done (and hello @NathanKell)!

Contract Configurator 1.27.1

• Improved performance of WaypointGenerator's RANDOM_WAYPOINT_NEAR when the min/max distances are very close to each other.
  • Fixed issue where too many waypoints can get generated by WaypointGenerator when count > 1.
  • Renable backwards compatibility to KSP 1.4.5.
Edited by nightingale

So I have a few questions regarding CC

Can a contract make a part available to use  when it's accepted? I assume this would be the same as a stock part testing contract where you don't actually have the part.

Can a contract change part parameters of a part? i.e. change the name or the modules it contains?

Can a contract remove a vessel?

If any of these are not possible, is it possible to do by writing an extension? I do some VB.net programming, but I've not ventured into the C style languages, and I don't have a build environment set up. Not sure if my skills would be sufficient to do an extension.

Thanks

2 hours ago, strudo76 said:

Can a contract make a part available to use  when it's accepted? I assume this would be the same as a stock part testing contract where you don't actually have the part.

Yes, there's three related behaviours you may want to use (that all do something slightly different): UnlockTech, UnlockPart, and ExperimentalPart.  The last is equivalent to what the stock part test contracts do.

Can a contract change part parameters of a part? i.e. change the name or the modules it contains?

No, you'd have to code up a custom PartModule and custom ContractParameter to make that work.

Can a contract remove a vessel?

Through the DestroyVessel behaviour - but you have to know the craft that you're removing. 

If any of these are not possible, is it possible to do by writing an extension? I do some VB.net programming, but I've not ventured into the C style languages, and I don't have a build environment set up. Not sure if my skills would be sufficient to do an extension.

Yes, through C# (other threads will have more specific details).

3 hours ago, strudo76 said:

I did this quite extensively in Parts Unlimited, my (poorly implemented) attempt at divorcing unlocking parts from gathering science. Feel free to peruse those contracts to see how it works, or even just copy stuff willy nilly.

Edited by 5thHorseman

So, the Contract Pack: Bases and Stations Reborn (version 3.7.1.1) contracts keep flickering in and out, then disappearing before I can accept them.  I'm using 1.27.1 of Contract Configurator on KSP 1.5.1.  If you need a log, a link to instructions on how to do that is appreciated.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, SoonerTed said:

So, the Contract Pack: Bases and Stations Reborn (version 3.7.1.1) contracts keep flickering in and out, then disappearing before I can accept them.  I'm using 1.27.1 of Contract Configurator on KSP 1.5.1.  If you need a log, a link to instructions on how to do that is appreciated.

I did notice that the contract generation isn't working as smoothly as it used to.  It's on my list of things to check out.

16 hours ago, nightingale said:

I did notice that the contract generation isn't working as smoothly as it used to.  It's on my list of things to check out.

Not sure if this data point helps, but I have yet to see a rescue mission show up.  The only contracts that flicker in and out are the Bases and Stations Reborn.

3 hours ago, SoonerTed said:

Not sure if this data point helps, but I have yet to see a rescue mission show up.  The only contracts that flicker in and out are the Bases and Stations Reborn.

I reported the same problem with flickering contracts in August and got no answers. I'm still seeing the behavior. I seem to get rescue missions in clumps, 2 or 3 almost on top of each other and then nothing for weeks.

Before Christmas I added the Anomaly Surveyor pack and keep getting contracts that involve conducting experiments In Flight on Minmus. You can't be in flight without an atmosphere otherwise you are in space.

4 hours ago, Tonka Crash said:

Before Christmas I added the Anomaly Surveyor pack and keep getting contracts that involve conducting experiments In Flight on Minmus. You can't be in flight without an atmosphere otherwise you are in space.

Can you show me a screenshot of this?  I'd like to see what contract pack it's coming from so I can track it down.

Just now, nightingale said:

Can you show me a screenshot of this?  I'd like to see what contract pack it's coming from so I can track it down.

I'll have to wait for one to come up again, but I only have the Bases and Stations and Anomaly Surveyor contract packs. 

26 minutes ago, Tonka Crash said:

I'll have to wait for one to come up again, but I only have the Bases and Stations and Anomaly Surveyor contract packs. 

Must be Bases and Stations - Anomaly Surveyor doesn't have anything like that.  It sounds more like Field Research though.

6 minutes ago, nightingale said:

Must be Bases and Stations - Anomaly Surveyor doesn't have anything like that.  It sounds more like Field Research though.

I just reread my first post in this thread and I wasn't very clear. The contracts I'm having problems with are to investigate anomalies and conduct 2-3 experiments near the anomaly one always being using the DMagic anomaly scanner landed near the anomaly. The others have typically had telescopic observations or multispectral scan "in flight" or "above" the anomaly. These are impossible to complete as I always I get an error that I need to be closer to the anomaly. Hovering 1 meter over it is not close enough. It would also be useful to have an indication of which anomaly is the target when there are multiple anomalies.

1 minute ago, Tonka Crash said:

I just reread my first post in this thread and I wasn't very clear. The contracts I'm having problems with are to investigate anomalies and conduct 2-3 experiments near the anomaly one always being using the DMagic anomaly scanner landed near the anomaly. The others have typically had telescopic observations or multispectral scan "in flight" or "above" the anomaly. These are impossible to complete as I always I get an error that I need to be closer to the anomaly. Hovering 1 meter over it is not close enough. It would also be useful to have an indication of which anomaly is the target when there are multiple anomalies.

DMagic Orbital Sciences has its own contracts that don't use Contract Configurator - so you'll have more luck if you check out that thread.

19 hours ago, nightingale said:

Do you think Field Research is pushing out the "Rescue Kerbal" missions?  I have Field Research and played for nearly 200 days with no rescue missions.  It's killing my budget due to having to buy each kerbal :)