[1.10.1+] Contract Configurator [v1.30.5] [2020-10-05]

nightingale

On 16/3/2018 at 1:41 PM, DocMop said:

Wait. You can not use the Missionbuilder missions inside career?!

Don't think so.... Unless you like designing missions and just flying that, or sandbox, the new dlc is basically just a few very overpriced parts - i.e. that is real life money.......

42 minutes ago, Warezcrawler said:

Don't think so.... Unless you like designing missions and just flying that, or sandbox, the new dlc is basically just a few very overpriced parts - i.e. that is real life money.......

Depends on the audience, really. For old pros, yeah, the DLC is just some mediocre parts and a feature unlock, but for more traditional gamers, the missions make the "gameplay" of KSP much more familiar (if rather difficult).

Release time!  Download here.

Contract Configurator 1.24.1

• Recompile against KSP 1.4.2
  • Re-enabled RemoteTech and Kerbal Konstructs integration for KSP 1.4.x.
  • Fix error message when despawning spawned Kerbals (thanks steve_v).
  • Added a warning message when validation errors prevent a DATA_EXPAND node from being parsed (thanks gyf1214).
  • Fixed NRE when checking progress nodes (thanks DocMop).
  • Fixed issue with duplicate assembly warning showing up when it shouldn't (thanks Gordon Dry).
  • Fixed some issues with handling of newlines in config nodes (thanks inigma).
  • Use case insensitive string comparison when loading celestial bodies in saved expressions (thanks gyf214).

Since I updated to 1.24.1 I also get messages about "Contract parameters" fulfilled, not only complete contracts.
This means I get a lot of messages each time I switch to flight mode (no matter if launching a new vessel or switching to a vessel already in space), because unrelated vessels can have a parameter fulfilled that is for a contract another vessel should be built for later.

A parameter could be something like

• Have 4,000 units of liquid fuel in your station
  • Have at least one crewmember on board

etc.

11 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

Since I updated to 1.24.1 I also get messages about "Contract parameters" fulfilled, not only complete contracts.
This means I get a lot of messages each time I switch to flight mode (no matter if launching a new vessel or switching to a vessel already in space), because unrelated vessels can have a parameter fulfilled that is for a contract another vessel should be built for later.

etc.

Could you show me what you mean?  Are you talking about the messages in the top right corner?  Those should only fire when there's a reward tied to it (anything else would be a stock bug, presumably).

13 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

etc.

It's a stock bug:

The bug is #18267.  I'll keep an eye on it and hopefully we'll get a resolution in stock in the next release (assuming we have a next release coming).  Meanwhile I'll take a look to see if there's any workarounds I can do, as the way Contract Configurator is set up it can do a lot of parameter state changes (meaning it'll really exercise this bug like crazy.

1 hour ago, DracoSilverpath said:

Hey there, is there any way to get access to the difficulty setting soptions for CC after starting a game? There was options to turn off/on different contracts and such, and i'm now regretting not turning some of them off!

Yes, it's buried a bit thought.  <ESC => Settings => Difficulty Options> will get you to the same settings menu you see at game start.

15 hours ago, nightingale said:

The bug is #18267.  I'll keep an eye on it and hopefully we'll get a resolution in stock in the next release (assuming we have a next release coming).  Meanwhile I'll take a look to see if there's any workarounds I can do, as the way Contract Configurator is set up it can do a lot of parameter state changes (meaning it'll really exercise this bug like crazy.

While out of ContractConfigurator's scope, it'd be nice to have a mod that can filter out messages :D That said, this bug is driving me insane, and seeing them setting the bug to "low priority" makes me a bit annoyed...

3 hours ago, Tivec said:

While out of ContractConfigurator's scope, it'd be nice to have a mod that can filter out messages :D That said, this bug is driving me insane, and seeing them setting the bug to "low priority" makes me a bit annoyed...

Annoying enough that you need a release of CC with a workaround (that covers even stock contracts?  Look no further, download is here.

Contract Configurator 1.24.2

• Workaround for stock bug #18267 (contract parameters creating extra messages on completion).

Note that the above workaround is a bit of a performance hog if you have lots of messages (it has to search all the messages to find the ones to remove).  Best bet is to make sure to clear out your messages if you've got hundreds from ignoring this bug.  The fix is version locked to KSP 1.4.2 (so if 1.4.3 comes out with a fix the above logic won't fire anymore).

12 minutes ago, nightingale said:

Annoying enough that you need a release of CC with a workaround (that covers even stock contracts?  Look no further, download is here.

• Workaround for stock bug #18267 (contract parameters creating extra messages on completion).

Note that the above workaround is a bit of a performance hog if you have lots of messages (it has to search all the messages to find the ones to remove).  Best bet is to make sure to clear out your messages if you've got hundreds from ignoring this bug.  The fix is version locked to KSP 1.4.2 (so if 1.4.3 comes out with a fix the above logic won't fire anymore).

Thank You Very Much for this workaround! Nice present for the Easter Holidays =) I just delete all the messages that appear because Im also using other mods with messages. Unfortunately that way I cannot save the Milestones. But well I know what I achieved. =) It be nicer of the Squad dev or release team to warn the modders in advance before releasing a new patch and even better with appropiate documentation, so that the modding community can implement most of the updates/bugfixes before the new Patch is even delivered. Just my two cents. have a good time :]

1 hour ago, nightingale said:

You, sir, are a genious! Thanks alot, going to try out KSP 1.4.2 with all mods now since this bug is almost gamebreaking.

Edited by LatiMacciato

1 hour ago, nightingale said:

I love you! No really, this has been such an annoying bug :) 

Firing this up immediately to test, and I'll make sure I'll remove the messages beforehand :) 

Edit: I am still seeing a few contracts repeating themselves, particularly DMagic contracts, but nothing near what I used to have.

Edited by Tivec

I installed the new Contract Configurator v1.24.2(KSP 1.4.2) by deleting the old gamedata/contractconfigurator folder and replacing it with the new one from the zip file, however I still get the messages spam for "contract parameters fulfilled". Is it because those are generated by Stock Contracts? Thx.

1 minute ago, UnanimousCoward said:

Have you looked at this mod?

Im waiting on it to get updated for KSP v1.4.2. :D I need to find some time to dig into how to code how to get github to merge, pull, create releases and how to add mods to the ckan master list. ^^

3 hours ago, nightingale said:

@nightingale I think I know why we are still having that bug, even though you fixed it. I believe there is a typo in the version check you do.

https://github.com/jrossignol/ContractConfigurator/blob/1.24.2/source/ContractConfigurator/ContractConfigurator.cs#L138-L139

Versioning v = Versioning.Instance as Versioning;
if (v.versionMinor == 1 && v.versionMinor == 4 && v.revision == 2)

I think it should have been 

if (v.versionMajor == 1 && v.versionMinor == 4 && v.revision == 2)