[1.10.1+] Contract Configurator [v1.30.5] [2020-10-05]

nightingale

Something I need to worry about?

It's something I noticed in your contract pack. I wouldn't have expected it to work at all - but as long as you tested it, then it should be okay. If it's not​ working then I'll do a 1.0.4 release ASAP. :)

What! We have to test things now? What is this?

Seriously though, it's not working. 100% my fault of course, I tested it using AllBodies() (and it worked) but took your word for it with OrbitedBodies() - but it looks like the requirements have buggered it up.

Hotfix pretty please?

Edit: Also something seems to be wrong with contract sub groups. Getting "unexpected childnode 'CONTRACT_GROUP' found - ignored

Edited by severedsolo

I'll get the fix out soon, as well as that warning.

- - - Updated - - -

New version, use it if you want to use severedsolo's SCANsat pack. :)Download now!

Contract Configurator 1.0.4

• Fixed requirements that were throwing errors when expressions used in targetBody.
  • Fixed up some invalid warnings about not loading child CONTRACT_GROUP nodes.

Request: Make your download button bigger. :sticktongue: I swear I have to search that first page 3 times before I can find it. I don't know why, I think you secretly move it on me. :sticktongue:

Alright, have a look now and let me know.

Hello nightingale, I have encountered two bugs while playing with contract configurator v1.0.4 and v0.4 of 5dims military contract pack (running BahamutoDs_Armory-v0.8.2).

While doing the first mission I first noticed that the targets are not correctly marked as destroyed in the contract window:

luJlEXMm.png

Originally everything locked fine, but then the initial targets changed back to 'x' when I hit more targets. I then tried quicksaving and quickloading which results in everything marked as incomplete. Upon destroying the last target the mission finished successful trough, so this may be a pure visual thing.

Btw: Your recent change to consider a target destroyed if only debris or 'subvessels' remain seems to work like a charm. Thanks for that :cool:

I then broke my plane upon landing. This triggered the mission finished event multiple times:

P0HKJX0m.png

I reverted back to my quicksave and landed my plane in one piece. I had 100 science points less, so apparently 'mission finished' was triggered three times and its not just a visual problem.

Another thing I noticed is that there are a lot of exceptions coming up when the vessels are spawned. I have ExceptionDetector-v.1.1 installed and when I accept a mission the windows comes up. They stop after a scene change trough, so there is a clear workaround.

Hello nightingale, I have encountered two bugs while playing with contract configurator v1.0.4 and v0.4 of 5dims military contract pack (running BahamutoDs_Armory-v0.8.2).

While doing the first mission I first noticed that the targets are not correctly marked as destroyed in the contract window:

http://i.imgur.com/luJlEXMm.png

Originally everything locked fine, but then the initial targets changed back to 'x' when I hit more targets. I then tried quicksaving and quickloading which results in everything marked as incomplete. Upon destroying the last target the mission finished successful trough, so this may be a pure visual thing.

Btw: Your recent change to consider a target destroyed if only debris or 'subvessels' remain seems to work like a charm. Thanks for that :cool:

I then broke my plane upon landing. This triggered the mission finished event multiple times:

http://i.imgur.com/P0HKJX0m.png

I reverted back to my quicksave and landed my plane in one piece. I had 100 science points less, so apparently 'mission finished' was triggered three times and its not just a visual problem.

Another thing I noticed is that there are a lot of exceptions coming up when the vessels are spawned. I have ExceptionDetector-v.1.1 installed and when I accept a mission the windows comes up. They stop after a scene change trough, so there is a clear workaround.

I'll look into the first two issues and see what I can come up with. The exceptions though are a stock problem. :( I've worked around them as best as possible so that they shouldn't cause problems. They show up until you save/load or change scenes when a vessel is spawned.

Hello there! Lovin the idea with this mod, and am doing all i can to get it to work. I've checked and read all the post here about getting the load passengers window to pop, but it just wont. I'm making sure there is enough space as well as filling the other criteria. This is on the first "Kick off" contract. I installed the newest version of both Contract Configurator and the Tourism Contract Pack. Is there anything im missing or anything else that can help me get that window to pop up?

Hello there! Lovin the idea with this mod, and am doing all i can to get it to work. I've checked and read all the post here about getting the load passengers window to pop, but it just wont. I'm making sure there is enough space as well as filling the other criteria. This is on the first "Kick off" contract. I installed the newest version of both Contract Configurator and the Tourism Contract Pack. Is there anything im missing or anything else that can help me get that window to pop up?

Just a heads up: Never just say "newest" or "current" or "latest".

First, this isn't a real-time conversation and it takes time to check when you posted that comment and reference it to a particular version, or versions when you are talking about multiple mods.

Second, you would be amazed how often people say that only to later say "oops, my bad, it wasn't" or "a reinstall magically fixed it". That's a lot of wasted time trying to figure out a problem that may have already been fixed but the author now doesn't know if he actually fixed it. Just the act of trying to find out the version number to put it into a support request is often enough for someone to see the problem and fix it themselves.

Probably better to ask on the Tourism Plus thread, but no matter. Anyway, the same thing cropped up over there:

1. Make sure there's an empty seat on the vessel.
  2. Make sure there's no errors in the log file.
  3. Make sure you actually have the contract showing in your window as accepted.

If you've checked the above, then send logs (and maybe a save file if the log has no errors).

So basically - send log files, please. :)

I have an issue with contracts not being offered, but the contract configurator debug menu tells me the contracts were loaded correctly and all prerequisites were met for the contracts being offered (the contracts pack I used were SCANSat lite and Remote Tech, installed via CKAN). Any suggestions as to how I can get the game to offer them to me?

I have an issue with contracts not being offered, but the contract configurator debug menu tells me the contracts were loaded correctly and all prerequisites were met for the contracts being offered (the contracts pack I used were SCANSat lite and Remote Tech, installed via CKAN). Any suggestions as to how I can get the game to offer them to me?

Assuming that you don't have any exceptions in your log, and that the contracts are supposed to be coming up (ie. their requirements are met), the easiest way to get them offered is to just cancel other contracts to make "room" in the list. A screenshot of the contract configurator debug window with one of the RemoteTech contracts expanded may help here.

Oh my Lord! I'm just being stupid. Of course it's because of the maximum amount of contracts... It showed up when I cancelled some of the other contracts. Thanks a lot! Sorry about wasting your time (and posting questions in the other thread as well...). :-)

First of all: great mod!

I'm messing around with it and with your Remote Tech pack trying to make something like the scansat lite so its valid for other mods that chage things (different and/or new planets and moons like RSS or OPM) . And I'm having problems, maybe for being too ambitious.

I've seen a great potential in the DATA Node and I'm exploding it to the limit (I need to use you wild version because types are not yet supported but I went to github and get working versions with more types there :P).

Anyway, one of my ideas is to have some pseudo random description for contracts (not sure if people read them anyway, but I'm just playing around). My idea was to create different strings each one in a different DATA Note (description1, description2, etc...) and then create a List with all of them (with a name like descriptionL) and finally the description of the contract will be: descriptionL.Random().

However, I have failed:

Error occurred near '*':
@/descriptionL.Random()
.....................* <-- HERE

you can guess this line in the code is:;

description = @/descriptionL.Random()

My list is created with this code:

DATA
{
type = List
descriptionL = [@/description1, @/description2]
}

So, before I keep trying I would like to know if this behavior is possible of if just asking too much. I can continue without this, contracts will just be more similar, but if this is possible I will keep it.

Any advice?

First of all: great mod!

I'm messing around with it and with your Remote Tech pack trying to make something like the scansat lite so its valid for other mods that chage things (different and/or new planets and moons like RSS or OPM) . And I'm having problems, maybe for being too ambitious.

I've seen a great potential in the DATA Node and I'm exploding it to the limit (I need to use you wild version because types are not yet supported but I went to github and get working versions with more types there :P).

Anyway, one of my ideas is to have some pseudo random description for contracts (not sure if people read them anyway, but I'm just playing around). My idea was to create different strings each one in a different DATA Note (description1, description2, etc...) and then create a List with all of them (with a name like descriptionL) and finally the description of the contract will be: descriptionL.Random().

However, I have failed:

Error occurred near '*':
@/descriptionL.Random()
.....................* <-- HERE

you can guess this line in the code is:;

description = @/descriptionL.Random()

My list is created with this code:

DATA
{
type = List
descriptionL = [@/description1, @/description2]
}

So, before I keep trying I would like to know if this behavior is possible of if just asking too much. I can continue without this, contracts will just be more similar, but if this is possible I will keep it.

Any advice?

Well, my first advice would be to not do random descriptions, because that's reinventing the wheel and you should use the TextGen logic (possibly with Coherent Contracts and/or customized text).

Now, if you still want to go that route, what you have looks close (although you haven't shown the actual error in the first block, so I can't be 100% sure). But the problem I see is you have List when you need List<string>. That being said, there's some oddities with the string parsing that [#191] is meant to solve. I'll see if I can potentially get that into the next release, but no promises. Until then I have a feeling that what you have above may not work correctly (the list parsing will fail in weird ways when it switches over to try parsing a string).

Well, my first advice would be to not do random descriptions, because that's reinventing the wheel and you should use the TextGen logic (possibly with Coherent Contracts and/or customized text).

Now, if you still want to go that route, what you have looks close (although you haven't shown the actual error in the first block, so I can't be 100% sure). But the problem I see is you have List when you need List<string>. That being said, there's some oddities with the string parsing that [#191] is meant to solve. I'll see if I can potentially get that into the next release, but no promises. Until then I have a feeling that what you have above may not work correctly (the list parsing will fail in weird ways when it switches over to try parsing a string).

Thank you. I still have problems but that seems to work

Regarding Text Logic, I saw it and will probably use it to some extension, but my main issue is that text is not pure random, It will depend on issues (for instances how many moon does a planet have), so whereas some election will be random other will not, thus the need to have some text selected to use depending on the value of other variables. I will have a more closed look to textLogic, but my fisrt look at it made think that it is usefull but not for my exact intention.

Anyway thank you for you help on fixing my mistake and for the advice

This may have been answered earlier, but is there any way for this mod to control or replace Squad's contract spawning? Basically I don't like the default contract spawner and was hoping this could entirely replace it.

This may have been answered earlier, but is there any way for this mod to control or replace Squad's contract spawning? Basically I don't like the default contract spawner and was hoping this could entirely replace it.

Well, the short answer is no - it works within the stock contract generation system. Contract Configurator has its own contract class (just one) that it inserts into the stock system. Actually, it inserts it multiple times based on the number of CONTRACT_TYPE nodes that have been loaded to try and keep a statistical balance between Contract Configurator and "normal" contracts.

Now, if you are writing contracts using Contract Configurator there are a few things you can do that go beyond the stock system (like assigning a weight to a CONTRACT_TYPE - which Contract Configurator will use when making a weighted selection of which contract type to offer). So it's a little bit better than just the stock system, but still has a lot of the issues (incessantly checking whether a contract is still valid, generating in order from 1 star to 3 star when filling the list, off the top of my head).

Did that answer the question?

Did that answer the question?
Yes. Just looking for a way to circumvent the stock contracts because half of them are terribly boring and the auto-rejectors out there have unacceptable quirks. I'll dig into the code myself, I suppose. Thanks!

In theory you could just disable all the squad contracts and only use configured ones? I think DMagic's Contract Reward Modifier can disable the squad contracts...

Yes. Just looking for a way to circumvent the stock contracts because half of them are terribly boring and the auto-rejectors out there have unacceptable quirks. I'll dig into the code myself, I suppose. Thanks!

Oh, disabling stock contracts is easy. See here.

So, I just got a contract under SS Lite, to do a BIOME scan of the Sun. Now, this is not a valid contract... as Sun has no biomes.

Is there any kind of logic checking I can introduce to make sure that sun (and probably jool) are not returned as valid targets?

So, I just got a contract under SS Lite, to do a BIOME scan of the Sun. Now, this is not a valid contract... as Sun has no biomes.

Is there any kind of logic checking I can introduce to make sure that sun (and probably jool) are not returned as valid targets?

Try something like this:

@targetBody = OrbitedBodies().Where(b => b.HasSurface()).Random()

That will filter Sun and Jool. I've no idea if it's possible to add a gas giant with biomes in planet packs... but too bad for them, I guess?