[1.10.1+] Contract Configurator [v1.30.5] [2020-10-05]

nightingale

On 04/08/2017 at 8:22 AM, danielboro said:

installed new version
instant/auto fail on my RT network for urlom

I also got an instant failure of my Sonnah network (New Horizons mod) when loading my save. The contract is from the RemoteTech contract pack.

Hi there, is this mod responsible for this?

Spoiler

[ERR 11:40:39.881] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: CONTRACT_TYPE 'SpaceStation': Error parsing targetBody1

[EXC 11:40:39.883] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.CelestialBodyParser.CheckTree (KSPAchievements.CelestialBodySubtree tree, ProgressItem pi)
    ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.CelestialBodyParser+<>c__DisplayClass9_0.<BodiesForItem>b__0 (KSPAchievements.CelestialBodySubtree node)
    System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1D`1[KSPAchievements.CelestialBodySubtree].MoveNext ()
    System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateSelectIterator>c__Iterator10`2[KSPAchievements.CelestialBodySubtree,CelestialBody].MoveNext ()
    System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1D`1[CelestialBody].MoveNext ()
    System.Collections.Generic.List`1[CelestialBody].AddEnumerable (IEnumerable`1 enumerable)
    System.Collections.Generic.List`1[CelestialBody]..ctor (IEnumerable`1 collection)
    System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[CelestialBody] (IEnumerable`1 source)
    ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.CelestialBodyParser+<>c.<RegisterMethods>b__6_43 ()
    ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.Function`1[System.Collections.Generic.List`1[CelestialBody]].Invoke ()
    ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.Function`1[System.Collections.Generic.List`1[CelestialBody]].Invoke (System.Object[] parameters)
    ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[CelestialBody].ParseMethod[CelestialBody] (ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.Token token, .CelestialBody obj, Boolean isFunction)
    Rethrow as Exception: Error parsing statement.
    Error occurred near '*':
    ReturnedFromBodies().Where(body => @/stations.Where(v => v.CelestialBody() == body).Count() == 0).SelectUnique()
    ....................* <-- HERE
    ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[T].ParseExpression (System.String key, System.String expression, ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.DataNode dataNode)
    ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[T].ExecuteExpression (System.String key, System.String expression, ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.DataNode dataNode)
    ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseSingleValue[CelestialBody] (System.String key, System.String stringValue, Boolean allowExpression)
    ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[CelestialBody] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, Boolean allowExpression)
    ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[CelestialBody] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, System.Action`1 setter, IContractConfiguratorFactory obj, .CelestialBody defaultValue, System.Func`2 validation)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    ContractConfigurator.LoggingUtil:LogException(Exception)
    ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil:ParseValue(ConfigNode, String, Action`1, IContractConfiguratorFactory, CelestialBody, Func`2)
    ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil:ParseValue(ConfigNode, String, Action`1, IContractConfiguratorFactory, Func`2)
    ContractConfigurator.DeferredLoadUtil:ExecuteLoad(DeferredLoadObject`1)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase:Invoke(Object, Object[])
    ContractConfigurator.<UpdateNonDeterministicValuesIterator>d__30:MoveNext()
    System.Linq.<CreateConcatIterator>c__Iterator1`1:MoveNext()
    ContractConfigurator.<GenerateContract>d__33:MoveNext()
    ContractConfigurator.<ContractEnumerator>d__32:MoveNext()
    ContractConfigurator.ContractPreLoader:Update()

Heyho,

I might have found a bug within rescue contracts (or two). 

1. If I have to rescue a Kerbal from orbit (without his vessel, but he has one) and dock the vessel with a claw on my ship, I sometimes am no longer the owner of my ship, although the save file has "ctrl = True" set for the vessel. It seems this happens if the docked (stranded) vessel is chosen the root part of the resulting vessel, since it has a launch ID of 0, but that might as well just be a coincidence of two vessels I rescued.

2. Say this Kerbal has already a certain level, like Lvl 4, it says "Recruited at level 4 on = 32) in the Astronaut Complex Log prior to recovery. At recovery this gets reset to 0, no experience granted for already achieved milestones whatsoever (like the standard "suborbital flight on Kerbin"). Maybe this collides with Strategias Media Circus strategy, which I always have active for additional experience gain. 

Anyone experienced similar problems?

On 8/5/2017 at 1:21 AM, Tivec said:

I also got an instant failure of my Sonnah network (New Horizons mod) when loading my save. The contract is from the RemoteTech contract pack.

I also got an instant failure of my Duna, Eve and Moho networks for the RemoteTech contract pack when loading my save with the new version.

On 4.8.2017 at 5:28 AM, nightingale said:

Something changed in stock KSP - I've been trying to work through some issues and am going to get a new build out to see if that resolves some of this stuff.

@SchrottBot - I haven't been able to reproduce that particular issue.  I'm going to do a release to sort of re-baseline things.

Anyway, thanks a million for looking into it. I guess the new release is likely to fix it. =) Otherwise I can always deactivate the check in the contract that actually causes trouble.

Cheers SchrottBot

Hopefully this is the right place to post this, it may belong more in the remotetech contract pack thread, but I figured it may help here too. I just updated to 1.3 and decided to start a new playthrough with a clean install of everything and (maybe) less (or at least different) mods. However while most contract packs that use this seem to be working fine (at least , for some reason the remote tech one seems to be pretty borked. Only two are "offered", though I don't meet the requirements, and they are com networks for Ike and Gilly which seem really random. In looking at the output_log I noticed that it was saying things about

ArgumentException: Stock partModuleType 'Power' has been replaced by 'Generator'.

When I changed

REQUIREMENT
    {
        name = PartModuleTypeUnlocked
        type = PartModuleTypeUnlocked

partModuleType = Antenna
        partModuleType = Power
    }

to

REQUIREMENT
    {
        name = PartModuleTypeUnlocked
        type = PartModuleTypeUnlocked

partModuleType = Antenna
        partModuleType = Generator
    }

All of the missing ones immediately showed up. Also in regards to those getting instant fails, this may be part of the reason as I was able to accept the base communication ones no issue.

Will try to think of saving the log next time it happens (self-kick), but for now:

I had a few instances where contracts with "complete at least x-1 of x experiments (and recover loaned scientist Kerbal)" did not complete by themselves. (They usually just get the Alt-F12 treatment though when I return to Kerbin.)

Is this already a known issue that I overlooked (as I so often do)?

I'm pretty sure this isn't a problem, but....

I'm debugging another mod, and when I went into  the CC page, I saw that the button which says to "Reload Contracts" had the text "(BROKEN)" in it.  I'm just trying to verify that there isn't anything in what I've been doing which may have broken CC (playing around with contracts, installing, uninstalling, etc)>

4 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I'm debugging another mod, and when I went into  the CC page, I saw that the button which says to "Reload Contracts" had the text "(BROKEN)" in it.  I'm just trying to verify that there isn't anything in what I've been doing which may have broken CC (playing around with contracts, installing, uninstalling, etc)>

I see it on a fresh install of CC with no other mods so I'd say it has nothing to do with you

4 hours ago, william2002730 said:

Hey, guys,

GitHub doesn't work for me like I can never open it. Can someone please help me with an alternate way of downloading this mod? Thanks!

What do you mean "...can never open it?"  "It" as in GitHub??  Not saying you don't have a problem, but the GitHub site and the Contract Configurator repro opens for me at https://github.com/jrossignol/ContractConfigurator/releases/tag/1.23.2 (which is the same as the GitHub links on the OP), so the site is up.  Download the zip and extract.

As for alternatives, have you tried CKAN?

9 hours ago, Brigadier said:

What do you mean "...can never open it?"  "It" as in GitHub??  Not saying you don't have a problem, but the GitHub site and the Contract Configurator repro opens for me at https://github.com/jrossignol/ContractConfigurator/releases/tag/1.23.2 (which is the same as the GitHub links on the OP), so the site is up.  Download the zip and extract.

As for alternatives, have you tried CKAN?

Yeah, Github never loads, the page just loads for like a minute or two then redirect me to CANNOT LOAD page on chrome. Same with my other browsers. Also, I'm not really sure how CKAN works. 

Also, how do you open up the GUI for contract configurator? 

Edited by william2002730

1 hour ago, william2002730 said:

Yeah, Github never loads, the page just loads for like a minute or two then redirect me to CANNOT LOAD page on chrome. Same with my other browsers.

Odd.  Could your firewall be blocking the site?

Also, I'm not really sure how CKAN works. 

Well, all I can suggest you do is read the topic starting with the OP until you get your answers.  Essentially, CKAN can display compatible mods, when the mod is supported by the mod author, from which you can select individual ones for installation.  CKAN will download the mods and install them (and most of the time do so correctly).  Remember, however, that if a mod isn't availalbe on CKAN or doesn't install correctly, don't hassle the mod author.  Try the CKAN topic first.

Also, how do you open up the GUI for contract configurator? 

In the Space Centre view, press ESC, Settings, Difficult Options.  Choose CC from the list on the left.

6 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

Odd.  Could your firewall be blocking the site?

Well, all I can suggest you do is read the topic starting with the OP until you get your answers.  Essentially, CKAN can display compatible mods, when the mod is supported by the mod author, from which you can select individual ones for installation.  CKAN will download the mods and install them (and most of the time do so correctly).  Remember, however, that if a mod isn't availalbe on CKAN or doesn't install correctly, don't hassle the mod author.  Try the CKAN topic first.

In the Space Centre view, press ESC, Settings, Difficult Options.  Choose CC from the list on the left.

Thanks! Hmm, well I'm currently in China, but I don't think China blocked GitHub.. Plus I have VPN

Edited by william2002730

3 minutes ago, william2002730 said:

Thanks! Hmm, well I'm currently in China, but I don't think China blocked GitHub..

And just how would you know for sure?  :cool: <rhetorical  question>

TBH, that was my other thought.

Edited by Brigadier

4 hours ago, joflashstudios said:

I'm having a weird issue where contracts are offered and then disappear randomly every couple of seconds. Does anyone know what might be causing that? The contracts in particular are the bases and stations "launch a new station" contracts.

Sometimes, but it settles itself after the system has finished "thinking".

I'm working on a mod that will change career primarily to a series of contracts.  I was looking at using contracts with the UnlockTech Behaviour to unlock the techs when certain contracts are successfully completed.  Am I understanding Behaviours and the UnlockTech Behaviour correctly?

As well, I was looking at using contracts to upgraded the facilities at KSC.  I asked @sarbian if this was possible to have code (a .dll) upgrade facilities and he said yes.

@nightingale, would it be possible to get a new Behaviour added to Contract Configurator, UpgradeFacility ?

Edited by Jacke

Hello.

I have made some contracts for my planet packs. I've been doing some testing, and have ran into a snag of sorts.

My problem is that after you successfully complete a timed waypoint contract (ex. kessler run, OweeBooBoo run) in less than 5 mins it is supposed to set an Expression (OweeBooBooWin = 1) and that expression is a requirement for the next contract that spawns a miner rover at the finish line so that you can refill... But the second contract is not detecting the expression used as a requirement. Hence the miner contract isn't being offered.

I made these contracts several versions ago , and they worked back then.

Any help would be appreciated. I hope I explained it adequately. Can I just use the completed parameter for another contract as a requirement for the second contract and not use any expression? Is there a better way to do this?

Here is a link to the files in question:

CCOweeBooBoo.cfg

CCoweegg.cfg

They are on github Here.

Also I just wanted to say THANKS to nightingale for Contract Configurator, and all he has done to make KSP more awesome! Its huge in encouraging creativity. :cool:

Going back to test these contracts was pretty fun so far:

wxnOUdA.jpg

Do you think you can beat my time? :prograde::)

Edited by MrChumley

On 11/08/2017 at 7:25 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

No, it broke a long time back (KSP 1.2, I believe), and I haven't had the chance to fix it.  So rather than disabling I just threw "BROKEN" in the label and made a note to go back to it.

On 11/08/2017 at 7:42 AM, KerbMav said:

Is it possible to add "Surprise" background contracts like the World First "Hey, you reached blabla for the first time!"?

Those aren't contracts, they are milestones that are coded into the game.  It should be possible to add those types of milestones through mods, but not via Contract Configurator.

On 21/08/2017 at 8:37 AM, Jacke said:

@nightingale, would it be possible to get a new Behaviour added to Contract Configurator, UpgradeFacility ?

Technically feasible, but I'm mostly keeping KSP mods on life support at the moment.  Still, that should be a relatively simple one to add.  Best bet is to raise an enhancement issue on GitHub.  Even better is to submit a pull request.

@MrChumley - Your usage looks correct, but I think it's because the timer parameter is special.  It sets itself to completed, and then fails itself when the time runs out.  The expression is looking for a parameter that triggers itself from Incomplete to Complete.  Your best bet is to just use the CompleteContract requirement.  If you're trying to do something more complex (like basing off an optional parameter,) you may need to wrap your timer parameter inside the optional parameter.

---

And one last thing - as far as I can tell Contract Configurator bombs hard in KSP 1.3.1 (ie. actually crashes).  A simple recompile seems to fix it - but I will not likely release the new version until KSP 1.3.1 goes officially live.

@JPLRepo - See above (FYI only).  I doubt there's anything that you guys can do, but just in case you get similar reports for other mods or from other sources.  If I had to guess from the timing, it's due to the changes to CustomerParameter.  Here's the stack trace from the issue:

0x00007FFE1BAD0E18 (mono) mono_reflection_type_from_name
0x00007FFE1BAD1723 (mono) mono_custom_attrs_construct
0x00007FFE1BAD538A (mono) mono_reflection_get_custom_attrs_by_type
0x00007FFE1BA83ECA (mono) mono_domain_finalize
0x0000000005048CB1 (Mono JIT Code) (wrapper managed-to-native) System.MonoCustomAttrs:GetCustomAttributesInternal (System.Reflection.ICustomAttributeProvider,System.Type,bool)
0x0000000005048B61 (Mono JIT Code) System.MonoCustomAttrs:GetCustomAttributesBase (System.Reflection.ICustomAttributeProvider,System.Type)
0x0000000005048221 (Mono JIT Code) System.MonoCustomAttrs:GetCustomAttributes (System.Reflection.ICustomAttributeProvider,System.Type,bool)
0x00000000050ABB1E (Mono JIT Code) System.Reflection.MonoField:GetCustomAttributes (System.Type,bool)
0x000000001951F3BB (Mono JIT Code) GameParameters/ParameterNode:Save (ConfigNode)
0x000000001951F198 (Mono JIT Code) GameParameters:Save (ConfigNode)
0x000000001951C1C4 (Mono JIT Code) GameParameters:GetDefaultParameters (Game/Modes,GameParameters/Preset)
0x000000001951BA5F (Mono JIT Code) MainMenu:Start ()

Just a quick query: does reputation affect the number of trivial, standard and exceptional contract limits? Or is that affected by building upgrades? 

Started a new career game with -1k rep, upgraded Mission Control to Level 2, max contracts 7 but limited to 2 trivial and 1 significant contract only.