[0.25] First Person EVA

Astronomer

locate screenshot in screenshots folder, go on image sharing site such as Imgur, upload image to site, copy image URL, press insert image on forum quick reply located on toolbar, past URL in popup, press ok, and Profit$$$

that is how

Upload your screenshot to an image website(The best IMO is Imgur.com), and then copy the Image URL by right-clicking the image, and then when posting, click the little tree icon with the black border and paste the url.

Thanks a lot! Big fan of your work Thesonicgalaxy :D

Did you do anything special? I have run this mod before .90, so I know how to use it, but when I right click my Kerbal no button appears for first person.

I am having the same problem. Installed it, and nothing shows up.

Hullcam works fine though

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
so to get it working for 0.90.0 you need to take the hullcam folder's plugin to the plugin folder.

Well that didn't work for me, the mod is installed but the camera is not in the right place

when I try to switch to first person it switches to a camera view about 10 feet behind the kerbal and can't be moved or zoomed.

Well that didn't work for me, the mod is installed but the camera is not in the right place

when I try to switch to first person it switches to a camera view about 10 feet behind the kerbal and can't be moved or zoomed.

Did you reload a save? I need more details.

Did you reload a save? I need more details.

No, nothing like that, I've tried many times in many situations in both career and sandbox

I had the mod installed for the last couple of weeks because it wasn't really causing any problems and it was definitely trying to work because the button was there for changing camera.

I just took it off

If you have any ideas what could be causing the problem I'd love to give it another try but if not it's ok

I suspect a mod conflict so maybe one of these will stand out

Toolbar

Active Texture Managment x86 basic

Aviation Lights

E.V.E + Astronomers Edge of Oblivion pack

Chatterer

Collision FX

Deadly Reentry

Distant Object Enhancement

Haystack continued

Kerbal Engineer Redux

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement

Kerbquake

KW Rocketry

Infernal Robotics

Planetshine

PreciseNode

Laser Docking Cam

Raster Prop Monitor

Scansat

Stage Recovery

Stock Bugfix Modules

Stock Drag Fix

Texture Replacer

Time Control

Kerbal Alarm Clock

Tweakscale

ModuleManager 2.5.9

What version of the game do you have? x32 or x64.

proboly not a mod conflict.

32bit version of 0.90

If it's any help I can put the mod back on, test and then upload the logs but I have a suspicion that the logs wouldn't mention it as there doesn't seem to be an error exactly.

32bit version of 0.90

If it's any help I can put the mod back on, test and then upload the logs but I have a suspicion that the logs wouldn't mention it as there doesn't seem to be an error exactly.

You probably ran out of memory. Remove some mods and it should fix the problem.

You probably ran out of memory. Remove some mods and it should fix the problem.

The memory is not the issue, when it runs out of memory it crashes, it seems pretty unlikely that a memory issue would just shift the camera of the first person EVA mod with no other effects.

Thanks for your help though, I might give it another try at some point and see if I can narrow down what's going on but it's not too big a deal.

The memory is not the issue, when it runs out of memory it crashes, it seems pretty unlikely that a memory issue would just shift the camera of the first person EVA mod with no other effects.

Thanks for your help though, I might give it another try at some point and see if I can narrow down what's going on but it's not too big a deal.

Put the mod back in and press alt-F2

Put the mod back in and press alt-F2

ok, I'll give it a try

- - - Updated - - -

ok I just tried and when switching to the first person EVA there is no message in the log, I was wrong about it not moving or zooming, it seems to work exactly like the camera should work from the first person perspective except the camera is in the wrong place.

when I clicked on disable camera the log produced this message

[Exception]: TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'System.Func`2' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089

and the camera went very weird at that point, stuck to the runway sideways.

After clicking on Activate Camera

sYjcZ1n.jpg

After clicking on Disable Camera

j7ZKe9P.png

Edited by MartGonzo

Have you tried a reinstall?

phew.. I suppose I could but it seems likely that the same problem would arise, unless I ditch mods and I'm not willing to do that

quite frankly this is the just about only mod I had that I didn't consider essential so if comes down to using this or using any one of the other mods I'm using then this one would have to go

Up to this point i think it might be a mod conflict

me too, but it's going to be a big job tracking it down so I'll probably leave it and maybe come back some time after the 1.0 release if this mod is still working

Thanks for your help spacejuice

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if anyone had this idea yet but I just wanted to drop something here: Do you think it possible for the First Person View to use KerbTrack? With KerbTrack you can use Facetrack, FacetrackNoIR or Oculus Rift to move the head in IVA and also a little in EVA. I already tried using both mods and in First Person it doesn't work, but I think it would be very awesome for a lot of people :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.