[1.10.x] Mark IV Spaceplane System (August 3)

Nertea

KSP 1.10.x

Mark IV Spaceplane Fuselage [3.1.2] 
Last Updated August 3rd, 2020

EWg4oy0.png

This part pack adds a new lifting-body fuselage system for aircraft heavily inspired by an iconic 60s sci-fi design. It's designed to fit 2.5m parts in a cargo bay easily, and 3.75m parts snugly. The parts are done in a stockalike style and I've attempted to be as close to Porkjet's Mk2 and Mk3 parts as I can. Highlights include:

• A full fuselage system in the Mark IV standard, from cockpits to cargo bays

All the parts are fully configured to work with the Community Tech Tree in its highest aerospace nodes. 

Full Screenshot Gallery

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: CKAN Support Questions?
A: Talk to CKAN folks, CKAN is not supported.

Q: Sometimes I have issues with parts being occluded when they aren't supposed to.
A: This is a bit of a headache for me. Please, post solid reproduction steps with pictures to help.

Q: Example ships?
A: No, I suck at planes, but feel free to post and maybe I'll add them!

Q: This pack used to have engines. Where are they?
A: They have been moved to Near Future Aeronautics for easier maintenance.

Licensing

• All code and cfgs are distributed under the MIT License
  • All art assets (textures, models, animations) are distributed under an All Rights Reserved License.
  • All bundled mods are distributed under their own licenses.

Download
Mirrors

Primary (SpaceDock)
Secondary (CurseForge)

Tertiary (GitHub)

Issue Tracking and Source

Special Thanks 

A big hand to everyone who helped test these parts while they were in development.

If you appreciate this project, please consider contributing to my caffeine addiction! I really appreciate it, and also helps justify this time sink to my wife :wink:, which results directly in more models. btn_donate_SM.gif

Edited by Nertea

Great parts!

My planned mining frame fit just perfectly!

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/101239-WIP-Mining-and-Processing-Extension-KMPI

One question, is it possible to make tail cargo bay exit the same width as cargo bay? I would love to use those parts as future transportation for mobile mining vehicle frames but unfortunately i'm stuck in the middle of tail cargo bay :(

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Really nice work, I especially like that cockpit shape.

They're not remotely compatible with the existing Mk4 parts though ( the TT components are currently unavailable, but the B9 adapter is still part of the B9 release ), so now I have two sets of completely different parts with the same labels...

Awesome to see the final release Nertea! This is great work!

Seeing as this pack is all parts, there's no reason why it's not 64-bit compatible now...

It is just that I don't pack to many part mods into my game as the 64bit is not stable, it is nothing about the mod.

Neartea does an awesome good job, and his stuff never caused me any problems.

It's finally out of intense development! Will get to playing in the morning. Make sure to add it to your signature, Nertea!

The tyranny of the height limit is pretty bad. I had to rearrange and reshape them all!

Great parts!

My planned mining frame fit just perfectly!

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/101239-WIP-Mining-and-Processing-Extension-KMPI

One question, is it possible to make tail cargo bay exit the same width as cargo bay? I would love to use those parts as future transportation for mobile mining vehicle frames but unfortunately i'm stuck in the middle of tail cargo bay :(

http://imgur.com/a/5bPKB

Aw, that sucks. I don't intend on changing the mesh right now, but I might be amenable to changing the internal colliders a bit so that it could kinda fit out. That size is really pushing it though.

Beautiful parts!

One thing, though - please add Deadly Reentry support.

Shouldn't be hard. I'll figure out how for the next one, or someone can send me an appropriate MM patch :P

Really nice work, I especially like that cockpit shape.

They're not remotely compatible with the existing Mk4 parts though ( the TT components are currently unavailable, but the B9 adapter is still part of the B9 release ), so now I have two sets of completely different parts with the same labels...

Well, I had no idea there was even another set. Whoops!

Do they come in green? I'll clearly have to get cracking on an Infernal-Robotics-based elevator system for the bottom-opening cargo bay...

Gotta make a pod and a drop frame too :D

As a starting point, it looks like most structural spaceplane parts (as seen in DeadlyReentry/SPP.cfg) have a max temperature of 1500 (except for crew-bearing parts, which have 1700) and 25% reflective shielding in various directions -- all around for most fuselage segments, 0, 0.5, 0.5 for noses, and 0, 0, 1 for inline cockpits.