[1.10.x] Mark IV Spaceplane System (August 3)

Nertea

I am having the same problem as Space Yorkie. I have tried with both 32 and 64 bit versions. I copy the mod game data folder into the root folder and select yes when it tells me that there is an existing folder with that name. When I get into the game I cannot see bays, or fuel tanks. 

11 hours ago, Nertea said:

@sh1pman@Jarin : https://www.dropbox.com/s/h5no37tsglf6jii/MkIVSystem2_3_5_X3.zip?dl=0

This may fix it. At least, I can no longer reproduce the bug. Please note you will have to rebuild your planes. This is a simple as detaching/reattaching every single cargo bay piece. 

Preflight observation: all bays are open by default in the SPH

pFk3uMr.png

So far so good. 

Same plane in "flying fuselage mode" (-14 big-s wings)

3xIiZ78.png

.... huh. That worked better than I expected. Pulled off most of the wings, still cruising at the edge of mach 1 at less than 3 degrees pitch. 

I'll put the bays through some more strenuous tests tomorrow, but it's looking great so far.

On 2/18/2017 at 5:56 AM, SpaceYorkie said:

It would be great if I could use this mod to it's full potential, but sadly more than half of the items included are missing, for example; fuel tanks, fuselages, et cetera.

Screenshots of whatever made it into my game: http://i.imgur.com/vG1tQbF.png , http://i.imgur.com/3IvHMsS.png , http://i.imgur.com/eroGvgZ.png , http://i.imgur.com/GIm3JXG.png

Edit: After some digital digging, I've found the problem I was looking for, and the solution to it.

Edit 2: After following the instructions for the solution (placing the zipped GameData folder into KSP's Root Directory), the missing parts remain missing.

Can you upload your log?  The instructions on how to do so are in the "How to get support for modded installs" post I linked.

It sounds like you are installing the mod incorrectly, nothing should stay zipped and nothing should go in the root of KSP's install location.  I know the readme says "To install, place the GameData folder inside your Kerbal Space Program folder" but since you are having problems you should do it a little bit more hands-on.  Also, make sure you are doing a clean copy, delete the old folders for the mod from (your KSP folder)/GameData/ and then copy the new ones over, just copying over the top of old files can lead to issues.  Also, this mod has dependencies, are you installing those as well?

Here is how I update my mods, I open the Zip file and look to see if it has a GameData folder, if it does (like this mod does) I open it and look at the files and folders it contains (which are the mod and its dependencies).  I then go to my (KSP folder)/GameData/ and delete all the files and folders that are listed in the Zip file.  I then copy all the files and folders from the Zips GameData to (KSP folder)/GameData/ .

Hope this helps, if not upload your log, please.

6 minutes ago, smurphy34 said:

Can you upload your log?  The instructions on how to do so are in the "How to get support for modded installs" post I linked.

It sounds like you are installing the mod incorrectly, nothing should stay zipped and nothing should go in the root of KSP's install location.  I know the readme says "To install, place the GameData folder inside your Kerbal Space Program folder" but since you are having problems you should do it a little bit more hands-on.  Also, make sure you are doing a clean copy, delete the old folders for the mod from (your KSP folder)/GameData/ and then copy the new ones over, just copying over the top of old files can lead to issues.  Also, this mod has dependencies, are you installing those as well?

Here is how I update my mods, I open the Zip file and look to see if it has a GameData folder, if it does (like this mod does) I open it and look at the files and folders it contains (which are the mod and its dependencies).  I then go to my (KSP folder)/GameData/ and delete all the files and folders that are listed in the Zip file.  I then copy all the files and folders from the Zips GameData to (KSP folder)/GameData/ .

Hope this helps, if not upload your log, please.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mtirq1skhl4lrs5/output_log.txt?dl=0

Here you are, mate. The dependencies in question have been installed, and I completely removed the Mark IV mod the first time round before trying again.

17 minutes ago, SpaceYorkie said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mtirq1skhl4lrs5/output_log.txt?dl=0

Here you are, mate. The dependencies in question have been installed, and I completely removed the Mark IV mod the first time round before trying again.

From your log "Perhaps ModuleManager is missing or out of date?"

Didn't see it listed as installed.

Environment Info
Win32NT FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF  Args: KSP.exe 

Mod DLLs found:
Stock assembly: Assembly-CSharp v1.0.0.0
B9PartSwitch v1.5.3.0
B9_Aerospace_WingStuff v1.0.0.0
BahaTurret v1.0.0.0 / v0.11.1.6
BurnTogether v0.0.7.2
CCK v1.2.1.0
DeployableEngines v2.1.0.0
DestructionEffects v1.3.0.0
Firespitter v7.3.6212.36331
ModularFlightIntegrator v1.0.0.0 / v1.2.2.0
Kopernicus.Components v1.0.0.0
Kopernicus.OnDemand v1.0.0.0
Kopernicus v1.0.0.0
Kopernicus.Parser v1.0.0.0
AnimatedIntakes v1.0.0.0
TweakableAnimator v1.0.0.0
MiniAVC v1.0.3.0
PlanetarySurfaceStructures v1.4.0.0
Stock assembly: KSPSteamCtrlr v0.0.1.35
Stock assembly: Steamworks.NET v9.0.0.0 / v9.0.0

Folders and files in GameData:
AirplanePlus
B9PartSwitch
B9_Aerospace_ProceduralWings
BDArmory
BurnTogether
CommunityCategoryKit
CommunityResourcePack
DeployableEngines
DestructionEffects
Firespitter
Kopernicus
MarkIVSystem
ModularFlightIntegrator
NearFutureProps
PlanetaryBaseInc
Stock folder: Squad

SVT

25 minutes ago, Nertea said:

Yeah... you need ModuleManager. It's included in the MarkIV download.

Looks like it's missing from the Mark_IV_Spaceplane_System-2.3.4.zip from Spacedock.

Directory of C:\Mark_IV_Spaceplane_System-2.3.4\GameData

01/23/2017  01:40 PM    <DIR>          .
01/23/2017  01:40 PM    <DIR>          ..
12/09/2016  04:09 AM    <DIR>          B9PartSwitch
01/03/2017  01:11 PM    <DIR>          CommunityResourcePack
02/11/2016  10:03 AM    <DIR>          DeployableEngines
01/23/2017  01:40 PM    <DIR>          Firespitter
01/23/2017  12:25 PM    <DIR>          MarkIVSystem
01/04/2016  03:45 PM    <DIR>          NearFutureProps
               0 File(s)              0 bytes

29 minutes ago, smurphy34 said:

Looks like it's missing from the Mark_IV_Spaceplane_System-2.3.4.zip from Spacedock.

Directory of C:\Mark_IV_Spaceplane_System-2.3.4\GameData

01/23/2017  01:40 PM    <DIR>          .
01/23/2017  01:40 PM    <DIR>          ..
12/09/2016  04:09 AM    <DIR>          B9PartSwitch
01/03/2017  01:11 PM    <DIR>          CommunityResourcePack
02/11/2016  10:03 AM    <DIR>          DeployableEngines
01/23/2017  01:40 PM    <DIR>          Firespitter
01/23/2017  12:25 PM    <DIR>          MarkIVSystem
01/04/2016  03:45 PM    <DIR>          NearFutureProps
               0 File(s)              0 bytes

And SpaceDock is where I got it from! No wonder it didn't work

1 hour ago, sh1pman said:

@Nertea Tested. No drag issues observed.  

Nothing found here either. Though I have yet to make a wingless craft, which is my next test... that's really just a matter of degrees, not type. Aside from closing the bays in the editor again, I'd say this version looks solid.

9 minutes ago, Jarin said:

Nothing found here either. Though I have yet to make a wingless craft, which is my next test... that's really just a matter of degrees, not type. Aside from closing the bays in the editor again, I'd say this version looks solid.

That's how it's going to be in the future, I'm afraid. The way I solved this was basically a 1:1 replica of the mk3 cfgs, which have their open point at t=0 of the animations. 

9 minutes ago, Nertea said:

That's how it's going to be in the future, I'm afraid. The way I solved this was basically a 1:1 replica of the mk3 cfgs, which have their open point at t=0 of the animations. 

But those attach closed, I thought. Still, not a huge issue, and easy enough to live with if there's no easy fix. Thanks again :cool:

I'm not.... sure how to do that. I can't see anything in the configs that makes them behave that way, must be a model thing, which I'm fairly sure I don't want to look into right now :P. 

I will deploy a new version either later today or tomorrow. 

59 minutes ago, Nertea said:

I'm not.... sure how to do that. I can't see anything in the configs that makes them behave that way, must be a model thing, which I'm fairly sure I don't want to look into right now :P. 

I will deploy a new version either later today or tomorrow. 

I could also be remembering wrong, as I haven't been using Mk3 bays lately. I just saw a video clip of them being open on attach, so... *shrug*

Regardless, not particularly important. 

On 24/02/2017 at 8:30 AM, Jarin said:

I could also be remembering wrong, as I haven't been using Mk3 bays lately. I just saw a video clip of them being open on attach, so... *shrug*

Regardless, not particularly important. 

Are you using the Hangars mod? That alters the Mk3 bays.

On 2/19/2017 at 6:02 PM, FirroSeranel said:

I noticed someone else had this problem about a month ago, and nobody was able to reproduce... I'm having it as well.

I'm unable to stack attach anything to the Vulture cockpit. I can surface attach, but not stack. The node setup looks correct in the .cfg though, so I have no idea what's going on. The Thunderhawk works fine. Any ideas? I have... gobs and gobs and gobs of other mods, FYI. <.<

KJR is the only one I can think of that should effect how parts attach to each other, though.

Edit: On further experimentation, if I start with the Thunderhawk, attach a fuel tank, re-root to the tank, and delete the Thunderhawk, I can stack attach a Vulture on the front of the tank just fine. Very odd...

I just ran into this problem for the first time today.  I've got two very heavily modded installs, both with MKIV, and in one install the Vulture works fine - no problem.  In the second, I cannot attach anything if I layout the Vulture as the initial root part.  I do not have to re-root to be able to get it attached though.  All I have to do is have any other part laid out and the Vulture will attach to it and then I can reroot to the Vulture and move on.  I see absolutely nothing in my logs to indicate any problem going on while this is occurring.

Edited by rasta013

Just now, HoveringKiller said:

Any word on update? Not rushing, just asking since it has been a few days. If somethingnelse came up understand and take your time! Love the mods greatly!

You can just grab the dev build, Nertea linked it on the previous page.

Yes, I got occupied with other things. I had to do some ingame testing that I haven't had time for to confirm the fixes for the crew cabin and a few weird part load messages I was seeing referencing some missing normal maps.

Hi, as I was saying in the NFT thread, I think there are some MkIV parts that would benefit from a repositioning in the Community Tech Tree and/or a stats check.

I'll try to make a list:

- AE-4 Valkyrie turboramjet can be found a node earlier than its 1.25m brother whiplash, makes sense to move it at least to hypersonic flight

- The Arcadia-593 turbofan has the same ISP of the AE-4 and a double set of engine stats, one of which is a AE-4 duplicate:

machLimit = 2.8
		machHeatMult = 6.0
		velCurve
		{
			key = 0 1 0 0
			key = 0.2 0.98 0 0
			key = 0.72 1.716 2.433527 2.433527
			key = 1.36 3.2 1.986082 1.986082
			key = 2.15 4.9 1.452677 1.452677
			key = 3 5.8 0.0005786046 0.0005786046
			key = 4.5 3 -4.279616 -4.279616
			key = 5.5 0 -0.02420209 0

- Regarding other parts, it seems a bit weird to unlock Mk3 and MkIV fuselage parts with the same node, but it doesn't affect the gameplay.

26 minutes ago, Hesp said:

- AE-4 Valkyrie turboramjet can be found a node earlier than its 1.25m brother whiplash, makes sense to move it at least to hypersonic flight

That should indeed be changed.

26 minutes ago, Hesp said:

- The Arcadia-593 turbofan has the same ISP of the AE-4 and a double set of engine stats, one of which is a AE-4 duplicate:

The "double set" is the thrust reverser engine, but yes some elements of that don't look quite right. I will fix the velCurve for now, but I don't really have a great idea of how these numbers should look. If someone with more experience with jet engines could chime in that would be great. 

28 minutes ago, Hesp said:

- Regarding other parts, it seems a bit weird to unlock Mk3 and MkIV fuselage parts with the same node, but it doesn't affect the gameplay.

Without CTT, that avoids crushing every single fuselage-related part into Experimental Aerodynamics.

I guess I could look into changing that (basically every part +1 node to the right) for CTT, as there are now 2 expanded nodes behind Experimental Aerodynamics (used to be less).