[1.10.x] Mark IV Spaceplane System (August 3)

Nertea

58 minutes ago, Nertea said:

Ok, seriously? This kind of crap ruins my morning. 

I am going to save this page as a glorious example of the failure of our education systems to produce people with basic thinking and reading comprehension skills. There are three instances of this question on the same page. 

This isn't that hard. Scroll up. Look around. Read a page back even. I don't understand how it's more difficult to do a wee bit of research rather than bothering me and waiting for an answer THAT I JUST POSTED. 

I've fixed your Gallery. :wink: 

lJQWq2A.png

Edited by Beale

My current career is currently based entirely around Mark IV launch vehicles (which is to say, if it takes off from the KSC, it lands at the KSC minus it's payload and fuel. Technically any space plane would do but time is more valuable than fuel so big is beautiful), I posted a picture of my first such earlier, but I've since iterated:

It's capable of lofting a significant tonnage to orbit, my most recent mission has been to take 32,000 material kits to a low orbit space station (that I might find a loophole in my self-imposed limit) with about 1000dV left over. However here is what happened when I tried for 56,000 of the same:

Which is not a complaint. This is to be expected of designing flimsy, load bearing joints even if they are aesthetically pleasing. Slowly falling apart on the runway without any explosions was just a comical means of failure. I've probably been pushing the bounds of credulity as it is.

Edited by Sassenach

3 hours ago, Sassenach said:

My current career is currently based entirely around Mark IV launch vehicles (which is to say, if it takes off from the KSC, it lands at the KSC minus it's payload and fuel. Technically any space plane would do but time is more valuable than fuel so big is beautiful), I posted a picture of my first such earlier, but I've since iterated:

It's capable of lofting a significant tonnage to orbit, my most recent mission has been to take 32,000 material kits to a low orbit space station (that I might find a loophole in my self-imposed limit) with about 1000dV left over. However here is what happened when I tried for 56,000 of the same:

Which is not a complaint. This is to be expected of designing flimsy, load bearing joints even if they are aesthetically pleasing. Slowly falling apart on the runway without any explosions was just a comical means of failure. I've probably been pushing the bounds of credulity as it is.

Apparently you need some Autostrut and KJR love

• 1 month later...

How is the IntakeAtm supposed to work? With the small and medium fans (switched to electric mode), I instantly get a flameout ("IntakeAtm deprived"), only the large one actually works. The part info (right-click on the part in the sidebar in the SPH) says Intake Atm 1/1 for the large fan, and 0/0 for the other two.

The .cfg files look like the values and behaviour should be the same as far as I can tell (ModuleResourceIntake for IntakeAtm is the same for all three, except for the ten times larger area and intakeSpeed of the small one, and Resource IntakeAtm is the same 0.2/0.4/0.8 scaling as Recource intakeAir for all three).

Any ideas? (I've got far too many other mods installed to search for a conflict and stay sane :confused:, but considering that the large fan works and the other two don't, I would hope it can be resolved 'internally')

Edited by Phelan

19 hours ago, Phelan said:

How is the IntakeAtm supposed to work? With the small and medium fans (switched to electric mode), I instantly get a flameout ("IntakeAtm deprived"), only the large one actually works. The part info (right-click on the part in the sidebar in the SPH) says Intake Atm 1/1 for the large fan, and 0/0 for the other two.

The .cfg files look like the values and behaviour should be the same as far as I can tell (ModuleResourceIntake for IntakeAtm is the same for all three, except for the ten times larger area and intakeSpeed of the small one, and Resource IntakeAtm is the same 0.2/0.4/0.8 scaling as Recource intakeAir for all three).

Any ideas? (I've got far too many other mods installed to search for a conflict and stay sane :confused:, but considering that the large fan works and the other two don't, I would hope it can be resolved 'internally')

I haven't seen this issue before, I'll look into it.

8 hours ago, RedParadize said:

@Schanez

Nertea will get on it when he can. He have many mods to take care of (and some very good stuff is coming btw). You should take a look at forum rules, it is not permitted to ask for update, regardless of how you formulate it.

Oh, sorry if it sounded like whining or something the like. I was merely curious if it's still being worked on, aka if the author is still actively supporting the mod and all. I am quite new to the modding of KSP, so I have no clues of when the game updates came out, or which mods are still developed. Only recently did I discover the whole new parts and expanded Science Tree.

PS.

Keep up the good work guys. You make a great game into a glorious one ^.^

Does this mod's fuselages' tank support RealFuel?

It took me a hell of a while to write a RF patch...

I probably did repetitive labor?

I'm also not sure about the balancing for the fuel tank volume in that homemade .cfg patch of mine, so it would be great to hear that I spent an hour for something that already exists. :P

Great work btw, I love these large and chubby pods and cargo bay:kiss:

Edited by cooper5113

On 6/7/2017 at 4:28 PM, limofs said:

To fix crashes on 1.3 I suggest deleting subfolder of parts called engines. Not sure about you, but I have not ever used these engines and without them this mod works just fine for me with 1.3

this does fix it.  I believe it fixes it by making KSP not load the Deployable Engines Plugin DLL which isn't rebuilt for 1.3.0 yet.  Perhaps rebuilding that plugin will cause the engines to work.  I do like the all-electric fan engines in this mod, so I may attempt this to get those engines working again...

has anyone attempted a recompile of the plugin?  I might try it, but if anyone already has... does it work?  I really want the electric fan engines back :)  can make a nice VTOL with those, using TCA and a ThF4 reactor from KSPIE :)

On 6/5/2017 at 8:03 AM, cooper5113 said:

Does this mod's fuselages' tank support RealFuel?

It took me a hell of a while to write a RF patch...

I probably did repetitive labor?

I'm also not sure about the balancing for the fuel tank volume in that homemade .cfg patch of mine, so it would be great to hear that I spent an hour for something that already exists. :P

Great work btw, I love these large and chubby pods and cargo bay:kiss:

ConfigurableContainers will allow fuel replacement in these parts, but sadly CC conflicts with Interstellar Fuel Switch, and IFS is an absolute must-have, so... maybe if we can get a MFT patch, that'd work, since MFT can coexist with IFS.

On 5/31/2017 at 5:55 PM, RedParadize said:

@Schanez

Nertea will get on it when he can. He have many mods to take care of (and some very good stuff is coming btw). You should take a look at forum rules, it is not permitted to ask for update, regardless of how you formulate it.

Just an FYI, they rescinded that rule.  But it's still nice to be polite and to wait for the mod author to finish

Edited by linuxgurugamer

21 hours ago, Nertea said:

You can look at my git account and see the constant stream of commits in the last few days. I'm working my ass off here, give me some time.

Not just your GIT account.

I've had your Spacedock page open for a few days and have seen the mass update to your mods.

Thanks for all your great work!

32 minutes ago, Nertea said:

Update for this is delayed ~2 weeks due to me being away and planning some nice improvements for the propeller engines.

No worries. The high-standard of your mods and the amount of fun they add makes the wait worthwhile. Looking forward to it.

• 4 weeks later...

Nothing much new, I am converting the props to a different plugin than FS, which is barely limping along. I ran into some problems that I have to write some code to fix and haven't felt like doing that yet. 

Based on these other comments here, it would seem people have got this mod working with v1.3, could anyone share how they did this, because I get a crash every single time I try to load up the game with this mod. Like are you omitting any of the additional folders that come with this mod?

4 minutes ago, NomenNescio said:

Based on these other comments here, it would seem people have got this mod working with v1.3

In fact all the recent comments say the opposite, people are using this mod on 1.2.2 and waiting for an update for 1.3, which Nertea has begun working on.