[1.10.x] Mark IV Spaceplane System (August 3)

Nertea

• 1 month later...

Noticed what I believe to be a minor bug:
When this+cryo-tanks are installed, all the fuselage pieces update to have LH2 and/or Ox however the cargo bay pieces do not - still only have LF/LFO/MP options.

Also might be nice to have LH2/Ox-only variants in addition to the LH2/Ox/MP variants.

Pretty sure this is the file where it all happens

On 10/18/2021 at 8:55 AM, AtomicRocketBooster said:

Noticed what I believe to be a minor bug:
When this+cryo-tanks are installed, all the fuselage pieces update to have LH2 and/or Ox however the cargo bay pieces do not - still only have LF/LFO/MP options.

Also might be nice to have LH2/Ox-only variants in addition to the LH2/Ox/MP variants.

Pretty sure this is the file where it all happens

This is intended behaviour, idea has been that side tanks are always mono.

• 2 months later...

For some reason my landing gears glitch out and crash when I attach them to the MK4 parts the moment I try to start flying (so getting speed on the runway works but when I try to pitch up they crash)
Using Tweakscale as well. Could the craft be to heavy?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, RayneCloud said:

Hey all, is MKIV still usable in 1.12.3?

On 1/21/2022 at 11:37 PM, DaBakonAder said:

Yes, of course! I was referring to all 1.12 sub updates, not just 1.12.0.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 9/13/2021 at 8:09 PM, Demcrew said:

A BIG BIG thank you @Nertea

for making it possible to carry huge payloads to start a brand new settlement on Mun :)

vkmmvxX.png

Hey @Demcrew, Love the SpacePlane. what mods are you using? i have the Mark VI spaceplane mod but i would like to know what else are you using to make this?

Thanks

Sepitus

Edited by Sepitus
adding name link

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi, hopefully im just missing something but i cant seem to gain control of the plane despite there being a crewed cockpit?
ive also put a probe core in there after and still no luck.

tried out the other cockpit and it works fine, its just this cockpit in the screenshot it seems.
weird that it seems to lock out control from the probe core i added though.
image.png

Edited by guesswho2778

@guesswho2778 A few things you could check:

• Does the plane have electric charge?
  • Are you playing with "require signal for control"? Because you don't have a connection in that screenshot so that might be affecting the ability to use the probe core.
  • Right click the cockpit and check that there is an option for "control from here". If it's missing then the part might be misconfigured or have a broken patch applied to it.
  • Check gamedata/modulemanager.configcache for that particular part and look at how it is configured by all the patching in your install. Make sure that it contains correct ModuleCommand settings.

• 3 weeks later...

sadly lost that modlist, save file and craft file when i forgot to copy over my steam library when reinstalling windows.

the craft had crew in it, it shouldnt have needed connection, im also pretty sure i disabled that while testing to make sure that wasnt it.

i tried everything i could think of, i suspect something just broke.

• 7 months later...

What solutions or workarounds have people found for drag glitches with Mk4 parts?

I'm running into the problem where the Mk4 large 240 cargo bay isn't shielding parts inside from drag. Old posts report similar problems. It might be a combination of KSP bugs and the presence of other possibly bugged Mk4 parts (tail ramp) on my plane.

The only workaround that helped me is putting a stock fairing between the Mk4 bay and my payload. Prior attempts to offset parts, confirm that no parts poke through bay walls, etc. did not help.

6 hours ago, DeadJohn said:

What solutions or workarounds have people found for drag glitches with Mk4 parts?

I'm running into the problem where the Mk4 large 240 cargo bay isn't shielding parts inside from drag. Old posts report similar problems. It might be a combination of KSP bugs and the presence of other possibly bugged Mk4 parts (tail ramp) on my plane.

The only workaround that helped me is putting a stock fairing between the Mk4 bay and my payload. Prior attempts to offset parts, confirm that no parts poke through bay walls, etc. did not help.

I remember investigating this mod's drag problems. Some parts indeed needed a config fix. iirc the cargo bay with crew cabin is one if not the only one.

On 2/28/2024 at 10:16 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

I remember investigating this mod's drag problems. Some parts indeed needed a config fix. iirc the cargo bay with crew cabin is one if not the only one.

So maybe if you already investigated the drag issues and fixed them for yourself... maybe you could send Nertea a pull request to release a fixed version of this mod for us all? That would be wonderful to have Mk4-Mod with fixed drag....