[1.10.x] Mark IV Spaceplane System (August 3)

Nertea

Mark IV System 2.3.5

•  Fixed missing ModuleManager in the download
  •  Updated B9Partswitch to 1.7.1
  •  Updated CRP to 0.6.6
  •  Fix for crew hatch obscured problem on Mk4 Crew Cabin
  •  New drag cube for Mk4 Shoulder Intake
  •  Fix for cargo bay node occlusion (requires rebuild of your cargo bays!)
  •  Fix for large cargo bay's occlusion testing spheres
  •  Inverted animation directions for cargo bays; now open at start.
  •  Reduced air intake ratio of lift fans in LF mode (22 -> 14)
  •  Reduced all fuselage body lift values by 33%
  •  Fixed incorrect node for the AE-4 Turboramjet
  •  Fixed incorrect velocity curve for Arcadia-593 Turbofan thrust reverser

3 hours ago, Nertea said:

If someone with more experience with jet engines could chime in that would be great.

Efficiency would be less because of the odd nozzle shape, and thrust would not grow with mach number as much because the nozzle area would be fixed.  Beyond that, hard to say exactly.

Does anyone else have any problems with the HVR-ONE Ultra-Heavy Lift Fan and it's lift generation? If I place them as lift fans (vertical thrust), the lift generated according to the Aero Overlay (F12) is parallel to my craft and perpendicular to the lift:

AErWNZQ.png

The lift fans are off and I have 2 Whiplashes for forward flight. (This was just an incomplete test craft.) I plummet to the ground readily due to apparent lack of lift... Or excessive drag in the form of lift in the wrong direction depending on how you look at it.

The same aircraft but with the lift fans upright (thrust to aft) - again with the fans themselves off - and just the Whiplashes providing forward thrust can fly just fine if a bit slow-ish. Lift vector arrow off the fans mimic the OPT lifting bodies I'm using, indicating I'm creating "proper" lift.

Am I using these wrong? I imagine not from the name and the fact these fans have the wing section toggle.

God I hate this mod. I should've never made it. Nothing but stupid problems.

Can you please post a clearer picture of where in the cargo bay the shielded vs unshielded things are? Because I can't see much from that angle and lighting. 

10 hours ago, Nertea said:

Can you please post a clearer picture of where in the cargo bay the shielded vs unshielded things are? Because I can't see much from that angle and lighting. 

Please don't stop making this mod, it's great and unique, and works really well with other station- and base-building mods like MKS! And besides, this bug only affects large cargo bays, so I'll just use medium ones for now.

Initial layout:

OMvuXIc.png

Parts in the front:

s0S7t8Z.png

Parts in the middle:

rESopAF.png

Parts in the back:

n3CMzhl.png

Looks like it only affects parts that are placed in the front falf of the cargo bay.

Craft file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46597246/test.craft

Edited by sh1pman

I think I found the solution to both issues... @sh1pman, are the missing areas properly occluded when the cargobay is open? The cfg seems to indicate that I flubbed an animation direction flip so the front sub-cargo bay would count as open when closed and vice versa. 

The fan issue is just a part lift direction issue. I haven't tested the fix yet, but it seems like a simple one. I guess these issues are large enough to warrant a point release, is there anything else I should look into before I plan that?

21 hours ago, Nertea said:

I greatly appreciate your frustration, but hope the mod never falls to the wayside!  thank you for continuing to progress it for us despite your disdain, shows just what a great human being you are.

also:  not sure why, but i was unable to overwrite my nearfutureprops folder with the contents of the newest download (tried both spacedock and dropbox dl's).  both would mysteriously hang on copy?   existing folder is most likely from most recent ckan install of one of the near future packs.

data in both existing and dl seemed fine, not sure what is happening?   anyone else or just gremlins in my OS?

Edited by TK421d

2 hours ago, TK421d said:

I greatly appreciate your frustration, but hope the mod never falls to the wayside!  thank you for continuing to progress it for us despite your disdain, shows just what a great human being you are.

also:  not sure why, but i was unable to overwrite my nearfutureprops folder with the contents of the newest download (tried both spacedock and dropbox dl's).  both would mysteriously hang on copy?   existing folder is most likely from most recent ckan install of one of the near future packs.

data in both existing and dl seemed fine, not sure what is happening?   anyone else or just gremlins in my OS?

I am pretty sure the readme file would say to delete the existing mod you're updating and then copy in the updated version, instead of trying to overwrite.

Just now, smotheredrun said:

I am pretty sure the readme file would say to delete the existing mod you're updating and then copy in the updated version, instead of trying to overwrite.

this isnt part of the core mod, its the iva textures common to all his mods

@TK421d You're using CKAN, so that's probably why! I have no insight into these installs. 

Mark IV System 2.3.6

• Fixed large cargo bay/drop bay counting its forward area as closed when opened as vice versa
  •  Fixed lift fans generating static lift at incorrect angles
  •  Reduced lift fans' static lift by 50%
  •  Increased the range and response speed of lift fan gimbals

3 hours ago, Dave Angel said:

This is a great mod.

I seam to have lost the cargo lift that fitted inside the ventricle bays, any idea how to get it?

Thanks

Dave

Er, this was a draft part that never went anywhere, and was removed from the download because it was only accidentally included in the first place, just so you (and anyone reading this) know. 

On 07/03/2017 at 5:51 PM, Nertea said:

This mod is in my "Must Have" Mods!!!  It allowed me to create really useful spaceplanes, and, a new playstile.

This spaceplane is one of my favorite spaceplanes: It is a Cargo Transporter - Its mission is to go to Kerbin's Orbit and dock at the KSS1 Space Station, parked at a 2500Km orbit. 

Spoiler

JobmvNT.png

HuM24SU.png

Q6kpzMK.png

Below a ugly, heavy, unaesthetic thing: the Mothership NAUM (Naum is my cat's name - she helped me in the design by walking over the Keyboard sometimes...).

Lots of mods are used: Nertea's mods are used for functionality parts (2 small reactors, capacitors, MK4, Heatsinks...), Uzbio Welding for the big body, Atomic Age engines, KIS/KAS Container, Mechjeb is essencial for piloting that monster (10 minutes burn are common...), and lots more....

Spoiler

cscGKYj.png

Edited by Freds

On 3/14/2017 at 10:04 PM, Freds said:

This mod is in my "Must Have" Mods!!!  It allowed me to create really useful spaceplanes, and, a new playstile.

This spaceplane is one of my favorite spaceplanes: It is a Cargo Transporter - Its mission is to go to Kerbin's Orbit and dock at the KSS1 Space Station, parked at a 2500Km orbit. 

Hide contents

JobmvNT.png

HuM24SU.png

Q6kpzMK.png

Below a ugly, heavy, unaesthetic thing: the Mothership NAUM (Naum is my cat's name - she helped me in the design by walking over the Keyboard sometimes...).

Lots of mods are used: Nertea's mods are used for functionality parts (2 small reactors, capacitors, MK4, Heatsinks...), Uzbio Welding for the big body, Atomic Age engines, KIS/KAS Container, Mechjeb is essencial for piloting that monster (10 minutes burn are common...), and lots more....

Hide contents

cscGKYj.png

Where are those launch clamps from?