[1.10.x] Mark IV Spaceplane System (August 3)

Nertea

4 hours ago, Plegeus said:

Hello!

I just wonder, since 1.3 is out if/when this mod will be updated. I don't know how much time creating a mod consumes, don't anything of modding, that's why I ask, I would have no problem playing on an older version, but it's always more intersting to play updated games, but if it's not going to happen, I know I need to make my modpack for 1.2 :P

I realy want to play this mod, but I also know patience!

Thx,

Plegeus o7

Scrolling back a page or two, it looks like a v1.3 compatible version is in the pipeline.

5 hours ago, Plegeus said:

Hello!

I just wonder, since 1.3 is out if/when this mod will be updated. I don't know how much time creating a mod consumes, don't anything of modding, that's why I ask, I would have no problem playing on an older version, but it's always more intersting to play updated games, but if it's not going to happen, I know I need to make my modpack for 1.2 :P

Thx,

Plegeus o7

Hi, welcome to the forums! 

I know that you're not trying to be rude, but asking about mod updates tends to be a bit of a sore subject with many mod makers, especially when they are asked over and over. 

Before asking questions in general--and about updates specifically--in the forums, try to read back over the last couple of pages of posts. You'll see that Nertea has actually been asked about mod updates several times lately, including on this page. It becomes very frustrating for mod makers to work hard to create and maintain mods, and then have users ask questions that, with a little bit of searching, they could answer for themselves. 

Nertea has indicated that an update is coming, but honestly the current version should work on 1.3 as long as all of your dependencies are up to date.

The current version of this mod works 100% in 1.3 if you have the 1.3 compatible deployable engines plugin installed.  If you tell ckan to accept 1.2.x as current as well as 1.3, and just install this mod through ckan, it works.

1.2 mods that are parts only (no dll) seem to all work fine in 1.3.  In general.  This mod is a good example of that.

8 hours ago, Plegeus said:

Hello!

Thx,

Plegeus o7

Since your post count shows you're new here, I'll let you onto a little secret:

Spoiler

Don't ask when a mod will be updated. Nertea has a lot on his plate at the moment, and the MkIV parts are being worked on. They'll be ready when they're ready, which will be on a Tuesday sometime SoonTM

I gave an overview of this a few pages back, but since people either don't read closely or don't look that far back, I'll provide a step-by-step here:

How to install MarkIV in KSP 1.3 (before it's officially updated):

• Download Mark_IV_Spaceplane_System-2.3.6.zip and extract it into a temporary folder (not your KSP's GameData).
  • Open the GameData subfolder in your temporary folder.
  • In that folder, delete everything except the MarkIVSystem folder.
  • In the MarkIVSystem folder, delete the Plugins folder.
  • Move MarkIVSystem into your KSP GameData folder.
  • Download Cryogenic Engines and extract it into a temporary folder, then open its GameData subfolder.
  • Move ModuleManager.2.8.1.dll into your KSP GameData folder.  (Skip this step if you already have a newer ModuleManager DLL.)
  • Move B9PartSwitch and DeployableEngines into your KSP GameData folder.
  • Download Near Future Spacecraft and extract it into a temporary folder, then open its GameData subfolder.
  • Move NearFutureProps into your KSP GameData folder.
  • Download USI Exploration Pack and extract it into a temporary folder, then open its GameData subfolder.
  • Move Firespitter into your KSP GameData folder.
  • Download Community Resource Pack and extract it into a temporary folder, then open its GameData subfolder.
  • Move CommunityResourcePack into your KSP GameData folder.
  • Delete the temporary folder(s) you created above.

@Nertea, I'll try to repost this (or links to it, at least) on subsequent forum pages to keep it visible to newcomers, unless you'd prefer I not do that.

18 hours ago, Merkov said:

Hi, welcome to the forums! 

I know that you're not trying to be rude, but asking about mod updates tends to be a bit of a sore subject with many mod makers, especially when they are asked over and over. 

Before asking questions in general--and about updates specifically--in the forums, try to read back over the last couple of pages of posts. You'll see that Nertea has actually been asked about mod updates several times lately, including on this page. It becomes very frustrating for mod makers to work hard to create and maintain mods, and then have users ask questions that, with a little bit of searching, they could answer for themselves. 

Nertea has indicated that an update is coming, but honestly the current version should work on 1.3 as long as all of your dependencies are up to date.

Thanks for being so kind, 

well I tried looking, but I'm very weird, I never see the things I'm looking for, but I recently found out that there are 61 pages of posts and total of over 1500 posts, like wow, I'm sure if I pressed the lil' next button I would have found it out all by myself, but it's whatever

Plegeus

15 hours ago, MaverickSawyer said:

Since your post count shows you're new here, I'll let you onto a little secret:

Reveal hidden contents

Don't ask when a mod will be updated. Nertea has a lot on his plate at the moment, and the MkIV parts are being worked on. They'll be ready when they're ready, which will be on a Tuesday sometime SoonTM

Sorry

3 hours ago, Plegeus said:

Thanks for being so kind, 

well I tried looking, but I'm very weird, I never see the things I'm looking for, but I recently found out that there are 61 pages of posts and total of over 1500 posts, like wow, I'm sure if I pressed the lil' next button I would have found it out all by myself, but it's whatever

Plegeus

Don't be snarky. You only need to click previous page once. No need to start at the beginning and read the whole thread. 

On 14/08/2017 at 10:15 PM, ss8913 said:

The current version of this mod works 100% in 1.3 if you have the 1.3 compatible deployable engines plugin installed.  If you tell ckan to accept 1.2.x as current as well as 1.3, and just install this mod through ckan, it works.

1.2 mods that are parts only (no dll) seem to all work fine in 1.3.  In general.  This mod is a good example of that.

My game quit if i do this or if i use Wizard installation, even when  i suppress the plugin folder.........Maybe some incompability with another mod?

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, HaydenTheKing said:

I keep checking this mod every day lol,  I want those 2.5 liquid tanks again!

Judging from all the chatter for the last couple months on this thread, it is working if you go through just a few hoops. You can enjoy those tanks straight away!

On 8/14/2017 at 7:39 PM, Wyzard said:

I gave an overview of this a few pages back, but since people either don't read closely or don't look that far back, I'll provide a step-by-step here:

How to install MarkIV in KSP 1.3 (before it's officially updated):

• Download Mark_IV_Spaceplane_System-2.3.6.zip and extract it into a temporary folder (not your KSP's GameData).
  • Open the GameData subfolder in your temporary folder.
  • In that folder, delete everything except the MarkIVSystem folder.
  • In the MarkIVSystem folder, delete the Plugins folder.
  • Move MarkIVSystem into your KSP GameData folder.
  • Download Cryogenic Engines and extract it into a temporary folder, then open its GameData subfolder.
  • Move ModuleManager.2.8.1.dll into your KSP GameData folder.  (Skip this step if you already have a newer ModuleManager DLL.)
  • Move B9PartSwitch and DeployableEngines into your KSP GameData folder.
  • Download Near Future Spacecraft and extract it into a temporary folder, then open its GameData subfolder.
  • Move NearFutureProps into your KSP GameData folder.
  • Download USI Exploration Pack and extract it into a temporary folder, then open its GameData subfolder.
  • Move Firespitter into your KSP GameData folder.
  • Download Community Resource Pack and extract it into a temporary folder, then open its GameData subfolder.
  • Move CommunityResourcePack into your KSP GameData folder.
  • Delete the temporary folder(s) you created above.

@Nertea, I'll try to repost this (or links to it, at least) on subsequent forum pages to keep it visible to newcomers, unless you'd prefer I not do that.

2 hours ago, RaiderMan said:

well..I just tried the workaround, it didnt work. so..I'll do the smart thing and wait patiently.

Just downloading the latest version of the dependencies and installing them over the ones included in the MkIV pack didn't work?

Hmmm.... sounds like you did something really weird.

3 hours ago, RaiderMan said:

well..I just tried the workaround, it didnt work. so..I'll do the smart thing and wait patiently.

I got it to work by downloading all dependence through CKAN, and then doing MKIV through spacedock.

Rastor Prop Monitor is not working on these ships for some reason anyone know why?

FWIW, I wrote my directions from memory of how I did it previously, and I re-downloaded all the mods I mentioned and checked that the folders are in the places I said they were, but I didn't have time to actually redo the installation with a clean install of the game.  Since a few people have mentioned that it didn't work for them, I'll try doing that later just to make sure I didn't forget anything.

Has anyone successfully installed the mod using the step-by-step that I wrote?

@Wyzard, I skipped a few of your steps since I already use all of Nertea's other mods plus several from USI so I already had all of the updated dependencies; that being said, adding the Mk IV folder to my Gamedata folder and then getting rid of the Plugins folder in the Mk IV folder did the trick.  So it should work as written.

Edited by Nergal8617