[1.10.x] Mark IV Spaceplane System (August 3)

Nertea

Having a great time building all sorts of stuff with this mod....... but.....

Every time I try to have the crew EVA, they are getting stuck in the craft....

is there some way that I can re-assign where the little dudes pop out?????

thanks.

Having a great time building all sorts of stuff with this mod....... but.....

Every time I try to have the crew EVA, they are getting stuck in the craft....

is there some way that I can re-assign where the little dudes pop out?????

thanks.

Had the same issue. I ended up always putting a cargo bay behind the cockpit till it gets fixed

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Really like these parts. I think the current shape is fine, but I'm not so sure about the size in comparison to the Mk3 parts. I feel like it should be the case that the mk4 appears much bigger overall than the mk3, but the mk3 is currently much taller. It would seem better to me if the mk4 parts were scaled up from current by at least 1.1x. And the fuel tanks all seem to have a bit of a low capacity for their size. Not sure if it's just me getting confused by the unusual geometry, though. Also, adapters to mk3 and to 3.75m parts would be appreciated.

Oh, and the FAR config that sets the SCIMITAR's airbreathing thrust to 150 results in FAR/NEAR halving the thrust to 75, making it less powerful than the Rapier. If you remove that line from the config, the Scimitar ends up at an appropriate 145

Shouldn't have to do too much. Your big issues would be any wings (which I don't recall) and the engines, mostly, as well as the air intakes on the nose sections and your engine pylons.

I'm wondering about the heating effects of reentry. Might be a bit more involved, but I really don't know...

Nah, total redo means total redo. Rework the crossection as per a few pages ago, deprecate parts and add others.

Awesome to hear. I'd just like to say I love your mods Nertea, they are some of my must have mods. I really appreciate the work you put in.