[1.10.x] Mark IV Spaceplane System (August 3)

Nertea

FYI: DRE settings for the Scimitar are a lil off....( blow up at anything about 50% throttle in air breathing)

@PART[mk4scimitar]:NEEDS[DeadlyReentry]:Final

{

@maxTemp = 2000

@MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX],0

{

@heatProduction = 200

}

@MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX],1

{

@heatProduction = 325

}

}

That's a less than cool thing, I'll hotfix it tonight. And the intake areas again, it's same now but it's a wee bit lower than I wanted.

I tend to really like everything you make :P

Great update! One small request: Could the included patches be changed from :Final to :FOR[MarkIVSystem], please? Marking the patches final makes further custom tweaking a bit of a hassle. :)

Sure. I'll include it in the hotfix tonight.

That's a less than cool thing, I'll hotfix it tonight. And the intake areas again, it's same now but it's a wee bit lower than I wanted.
Oh I'm glad to hear you're still tweaking them Nertea, they seem a little weak now. I know they were way OP before, don't want that, but a little more oomph would be nice, they are after all a LOT bigger than any other intake we've got.

1.1.0 is uploaded!

Evidently I didn't get the adapters done, after the 3 extended fuselage parts I don't really want to do hull plating for a while :P. Maybe next I'll do something with no plating that's nice and simple. Engines or something.

Yay. I really don't know how you do those imitation pork textures, they are amazing. I need to figure out how to mirror textures.

Love it! So much fire. I need to make custom effects for the SCIMITARs!

I would actually say leave the stock effects in. Those engines look perfectly stock, it makes sense for them to have the same effects as the RAPIER.

I think I've finally cracked my Heavy SSTO design. Moved the wings back slightly and enlarged them. Enlarged the tail fin and tailplane (thanks Sean Mirrsen!), this means that the CoL is always a fair bit behind the CoM, making it extremely stable with or without payload. After Nerteas intake nerf, it moves an Orange Jumbo tank to a circular orbit... just. Had to borrow about 100 oxidizer from the jumbo. I'm sure with a better pilot than me at the stick it would make it with the jumbo still full. And this time it came back and landed at the KSC runway, like a BAWS! :D Pretty pleased with myself over here.

JnVh88V.png

UPjTfnS.png

Edited by BadManiac

Hey Nertea, I just noticed that everyone's favorite part, the tripe engine pod, doesn't show up in the latest release. Maybe due to the way the texture is referenced in MODEL?

Edit: upon further inspection, it looks like every part that references another part's texture is not loading. Probably a mistake on my end, since it is clearly working for other people. Might the new ATM be to blame?

Edited by Starbuckminsterfullerton

It's about five times too long to send, even with everything non "MarkIV" filtered out. I couldn't find any MkIv related errors, but it might be something else.

Yet another edit: I checked other parts that share textures in a similar manner, namely the SSPX parts; the MkIV parts are the only ones missing

Edited by Starbuckminsterfullerton

This mod not working for me just like the IXS warpship. I get the parts; but as soon as I put down the cockpit, I cannot connect anything else to it and cannot do anything else. I have to close out the game and start the game over to do anything. Help!

This mod not working for me just like the IXS warpship. I get the parts; but as soon as I put down the cockpit, I cannot connect anything else to it and cannot do anything else. I have to close out the game and start the game over to do anything. Help!

You need to provide your output_log.txt (in KSP_Data) for anyone to know what's going on.

Hmm ... I can't figure out what the problem is. The directory structure would be the obvious culprit, but it looks like you've got that set up correctly so I can't say. If no one else proposes a solution, there is one thing you could do - move all the parts that use the same texture to the same folder (and change the MODEL nodes in the cfg to match of course). I would recommend to Nertea that this be done from the start, but if he wants to keep the current structure then I can't keep him from doing so.

Good news! I can confirm that the collision on the cargo bay floors is fixed! Stuff no longer falls through! I was able to transport this huge fuel truck over to Jeb's island, lower it from the KAS winches, and drive it right off the back cargo ramp, no muss no fuss. (Except for a wee bug I encountered that had me absolutely gobsmacked. Thank goodness I kept making quicksaves!)

But here's the end result:

hwftzoe.png

(Incidentally, I'm still making tweaks to the Thunderbird. Latest version has more landing gear supporting the engine modules and making sure that they don't smack the ground on landing. Also the landing gear as a whole was tweaked to have the plane sit a little higher off the ground in general. Internally there are now 8 KAS winches on either side of the bay which finally provides enough tension to completely raise that big truck in the picture off the cargo bay floor with high enough clearance to actually allow a Kerbal to walk underneath! And it's filled with fuel and HEAVY!

I'll update the Thunderbird craft file at my dropbox and provide a link when I'm sure I've got the bugs worked out.)

Nertea, I would like to request a part for this mod. Air brakes. AFAIK they are currently only available in B9 Aerospace, it would be nice to have them here in a smaller parts pack. I think it makes sense here because this pack is used to make massive planes that will be rather hard to slow down due to the amount of weight and energy flying around. Pretty please with sugar on top?

Nertea, I would like to request a part for this mod. Air brakes.

Oh my YES. I don't have a full B9 installation (too much memory) but one of the specific parts I made sure I DID have was the airbrakes! And I just made a mental note after my last flight in the Thunderbird that I really needed to add that to the design!