[1.10.x] Mark IV Spaceplane System (August 3)

Nertea

I know you are all very excited and very optimistic (thanks :) ), but the update will be considerable and I haven't even started yet, it's mostly in my head. NFT stuff has to finish first, then I have to take a short break and maybe actually play some KSP, then I will work on this. I will post progress updates when I have some.

Just post this from now on. I made earlier for the people in the KAS thread.

l8q6y.jpg

so does that mean if we spam you with hateful messages it reduces the timer?

It increases the timer, and your question probably just cost us all another week, there's a reason angry mobs with pitch forks were invented.

- - - Updated - - -

I know you are all very excited and very optimistic (thanks :) ), but the update will be considerable and I haven't even started yet, it's mostly in my head. NFT stuff has to finish first, then I have to take a short break and maybe actually play some KSP, then I will work on this. I will post progress updates when I have some.

Take your time Nertea, we all get it or should get that this will take time

I'm a big fan of the "Asking when it will be released adds X time to the timer" :P.

When will this mod.....

ever not be amazing since it's wonderful creator has done such a great job perfecting it.

Netea, please, please go and take the time to find what you enjoy about this game and savor it. Without that joy and passion your work wouldn't be as great as it is and enjoyed by so many. when and if you feel like sharing it with us again we will be waiting happily for it.

Isn't there an easy way to go through the cfg files of each part and make a change so the nodes snap and attach to each other correctly as a quick fix so we can use these parts for now? I'm guessing not since comparing these parts to stock parts it all looks the same

Isn't there an easy way to go through the cfg files of each part and make a change so the nodes snap and attach to each other correctly as a quick fix so we can use these parts for now? I'm guessing not since comparing these parts to stock parts it all looks the same

I believe it is possible, but the cargo bays probably won't work

I believe it is possible, but the cargo bays probably won't work

I found a way. It's a super minor change of changing one value to a negative value. The cargo bays work, though the extended one has a weird texture issue. Works well enough to hold me over. These parts are too good to let go

Edited by Sabor

I found a way. It's a super minor change of changing one value to a negative value. The cargo bays work, though the extended one has a weird texture issue. Works well enough to hold me over. These parts are too good to let go

But probably not secure inside from new aerodynamics, need for this new module, and all parts raise temperature to fast, need set new value to new termo, after 1.0 aircraft parts and engines are most dificult parts to update

Earlier while using the Mark IV spaceplane I had the problem that if I placed a cargobay directly behind the cockpit, there'd be no attachment point for the payload in the bay and I had to resort to using a BZ-52 Radial attachment point which are tricky to align dead center.

In future releases, could I ask for an attachment point there? Pic attached ( large green blob in location that's missing the attachment point when assembled as I previously described )

http://i.imgur.com/tpURM29.jpg

Earlier while using the Mark IV spaceplane I had the problem that if I placed a cargobay directly behind the cockpit, there'd be no attachment point for the payload in the bay and I had to resort to using a BZ-52 Radial attachment point which are tricky to align dead center.

In future releases, could I ask for an attachment point there? Pic attached ( large green blob in location that's missing the attachment point when assembled as I previously described )

http://i.imgur.com/tpURM29.jpg

what version are you using? Cause that could be your problem

I read far enough back to see this:

I'm a big fan of the "Asking when it will be released adds X time to the timer" :P.

so I'm adding this comment to keep track of this.

Love the Mark IV!

Add me to the list of people eagerly awaiting an update!

any plans for a robotic arm for the cargo bay?

I read far enough back to see this:

any plans for a robotic arm for the cargo bay?

simply use infernal robotics and infernal robotics model rework and expansion,and you'll get your robotic arm.

Nertea, one of KSP 1.0's new features is a sort-by-cross-section, and Filter Extensions lets us create new subcategories for it (Crzyrndm just fixed a bug that was getting in the way of that). When you update your parts, add a "bulkheadProfiles = whatever" line to the configs (maybe "mk4" for your fuselages to extend mk2 and 3, and of course adapters can have multiple comma-separated values, and "srf" for surface-attached parts), and I'll add a mk4 category and icon to the FilterExtensions config.

I tried making my own MM compatibilty patch to get it working but somethings wrong with the attachnode of the docking nosecone and the cockpit.

Anyone got it working?

You'll want to check the nodes are facing the right way, look at the 4th, 5th, and 6th values of the node definition in the config file; the nodes got kinda changed up in 1.0.x. If you're having issues seeing if anything is wrong what I usually do is look for a similar part using similar nodes that work and check its config.