[1.10.x] Mark IV Spaceplane System (August 3)

Nertea

52 minutes ago, Whalesharks Kerman said:

Do this mod support KSP 1.1 Turbo Charged??

Dude, see the page heading where it doesn't say "[1.1]" but it does say "[1.05]"? That's your answer right there.
If that's not enough for you, read the previous page or so of the thread.

Is this being worked on for 1.1?

Does this work with 1.1?

And then a few freak out for these things being asked?  Guess what, this is the Mod releases not mod development forum, those are totally valid questions.

Yes it's a bit weird when things change so much, don't dump it as cyber bullying BS on some poor brand new KSP players.

Consider that Squad advertises KSP, people buy KSP, people come here to learn about KSP, not everyone has been around as long as others.

A few recent sarcastic posts are really uncalled for.  Like kids bullying some new kid on a playground, who would be very sad little kids if no one wanted to come to the playground and play.

I would venture to guess the modder appreciates interest and cringes at overly emotional fanboys using his or her work as a platform to dump negativity at the curious newcomer.

Edited by interface

55 minutes ago, interface said:

Is this being worked on for 1.1?

Does this work with 1.1?

And then a few freak out for these things being asked?  Guess what, this is the Mod releases not mod development forum, those are totally valid questions.

Yes it's a bit weird when things change so much, don't dump it as cyber bullying BS on some poor brand new KSP players.

Consider that Squad advertises KSP, people buy KSP, people come here to learn about KSP, not everyone has been around as long as others.

A few recent sarcastic posts are really uncalled for.  Like kids bullying some new kid on a playground, who would be very sad little kids if no one wanted to come to the playground and play.

I would venture to guess the modder appreciates interest and cringes at overly emotional fanboys using his or her work as a platform to dump negativity at the curious newcomer.

First of all, yes, this is being worked on, Nertea is just working on his other projects first.

Second of all, what "cyber bullying"? I have no idea what that even looks like on these forums. There is no bullying going on, there is little to no sarcasm around here. What you are seeing is immense frustration, because yes, they are valid questions, so long as they haven't been asked three times in an hour. In fact, it got to the point where the moderation team had to instate a permanent rule banning repeated requests fr mod updates and update release dates.

Im sure he will update it when he has time, its mostly a parts pack so it may work right out of the box.

edit.

OK so the mod uses Interstellar Fuel Switch and Firespitter, both of which have been updated already.  So if you are any good at installing mods you can install both of those mods separately and ignore the packs included with the MK4 system.  I will continue to play with the parts but everything seems ok so far.

Edited by Donziboy2

Got a few test flights in.

Did run into issues with kerbals hitting invisible walls between hollow bay sections.  I could fly out threw the top with the doors open but could not travel directly threw from one bay to the next.

w1JevkY.png

On 24/04/2016 at 3:40 PM, Donziboy2 said:

Got a few test flights in.

Did run into issues with kerbals hitting invisible walls between hollow bay sections.  I could fly out threw the top with the doors open but could not travel directly threw from one bay to the next.

w1JevkY.png

That, is a badass plane, +1 :D

She flies pretty well, with a 45T payload + full tanks it leaves the runway at around 110m/s.  Can safely land at around 85.  I had to stop work on it due to issues with wing/engine sections breaking off right after I landed, as soon as I started applying brakes.  Seems like Squad changed how part failures are reported and I cant seem to find the culprit part.  Instead of failures I see what part exploded after it fell off and crashed into the ground.....

I also ran into issues with vehicles inside the bays being stuck and unable to move.  I may play with it more this weekend.

Engines are Thermonuclear Turbines

Just thought I'd show my latest creation. Running KSP 1.05 64-bit on an iMac in case anyone's wondering.

The Mark IV multi-mode spaceplane (not very imaginative I know, but I'll name it later!)

Mark 4 parts for the main body and intakes, Mark 2 parts for the lateral fuselage sections. Stock wings, control surfaces and tailplanes. The only other items are the dorsal strakes on the main hull and aerospikes on the lateral fuselage, which are both from Novapunch.

The spaceplane is designed to get into orbit whilst using the KScale2 mod, which makes planets and orbits twice as big as stock, so delta-v to orbit is around 4,600 m/s, making the ascent and descent tricky from a heat management perspective. It can seat 16 kerbals, and has a small cargo bay fitted out with additional electrical storage, life support (TAC LS) and even a deployable solar array. I haven't worked out its full cargo capacity to LKO yet, but I suspect it will be approximately 5 tonnes, so nothing to write home about.

Really enjoying making spaceplanes with this mod... I'm currently working on an alternative passenger-only version using the Vulture cockpit, and a cargo-only version using the standard cockpit as pictured.

13071722_10153705935868924_8758483073516

13062901_10153705935903924_3444595710023

Edited by facmanpob
spelling

Hi, just a couple of questions.

1. Does anyone know the release date of 1.1 update for this mod? It is probably my favourite mod in KSP and I can't wait to be able to use it again!

2. Does anyone know of any other spaceplane mods that have been updated recently? 

Thank you. 

Since this is is a mod that ddn't need any coding to work (just configuration scripting)

It's dependancies have been updated so unless it relies on old functions not available anymore (doubtful)

only the Baha_SP animation module seems like it wasn't updated but others here seem to have good experiences, I just downloaded and will test next restart.

OPT still works flawlessly imho and people in the thread are trying to scavengen a better built by using and modifying older ones until the dev comes back.

53 minutes ago, lude said:

Since this is is a mod that ddn't need any coding to work (just configuration scripting)

It's dependancies have been updated so unless it relies on old functions not available anymore (doubtful)

only the Baha_SP animation module seems like it wasn't updated but others here seem to have good experiences, I just downloaded and will test next restart.

OPT still works flawlessly imho and people in the thread are trying to scavengen a better built by using and modifying older ones until the dev comes back.

Thank You! :)

Just now, lude said:

Oh and also B9 Aerospace has been updated, B9 Aerospace HX offers gigantic spaceship parts and it's very FAR compatible.

MK2 Expansion is also quite nice

Cheers, thats my bank holiday sorted!

4 hours ago, Steel Dragon said:

Has anyone found any working landing gear? I only have the stock gear and on both my MK IV and OPT planes they either explode on launch or bounce all over the runway. If anyone knows how to make this stop I would realy like to beable to fly a plane lol. Please help

Wheels for KSP were reqritten in 1.1, almost no wheel mods now. Old wheels are broken.

Be mindful when posting update requests for mods: mod developers work in their free time for no pay, and being asked constantly if and when their mods will be updated can be very demotivating. So, when this question has been asked multiple times in the past week already, please don't ask it again :)

@Whalesharks Kerman you can find the answer to your question and even a way to get this mod working in 1.1 just a few posts above yours.

On 4/30/2016 at 7:26 AM, lude said:

I installed MK IV just a couple days ago, but only the parts, nothing else. Worked just fine so far. Any idea what the Baha_SP animation module was used for? All the cargo bays (only things I know of that would use it) worked just fine without it. I can also vouch for OPT working pretty well at the moment. I forget which one, but one of these mods has a couple parts with missing textures. I remember specifically one of the parts being a cargo bay where the floor dropped UFO style for loading.