[1.10.x] Mark IV Spaceplane System (August 3)

Nertea

On 3/14/2018 at 10:53 AM, Nertea said:

1.4.1 Update Status

• Super low priority mod to update due to loathing

Due to the above quote and this post from a while back, I decided to give this mod a good and solid shake at a Jool 5 run.  First, credit where credit is due:  After searching the Interwebs for some inspiration "KSP Mark IV cruiser/interplanetary/mothership/etc" I saw this post that had this picture of an interplanetary cargo ship.  My version of a Mark IV interplanetary vessel is similar (lateral cargo bays with a central spine) but different (less and different engines, (probably) different central spine, longer, higher payload and mass, and VTOL (planned TO, the L is more crashing so far) capabilities on some airless bodies). 

Images/videos are to come, once I have an almost final build.  With my landers and science kit, we're at almost 300 parts, probably more by the time the fine tuning is done!

Many thanks to @Nertea and @Goomblah for the inspiration!

Edited by smotheredrun
forum text editor hates me?

• 3 weeks later...

I know an update for 1.4.1 is low priority but I'm getting this error in the VAB with the cargo bays

[WRN 22:18:26.053] BoxColliders does not support negative scale or size.
The effective box size has been forced positive and is likely to give unexpected collision geometry.
If you absolutely need to use negative scaling you can use the convex MeshCollider. Scene hierarchy path "mk4servicebay-1/mk4cargo-1/model/MarkIVSystem/Parts/Fuselage/mk4cargo-1(Clone)/Mk4CargoLong/CargoDoor001/ColliderDoorL001"

Good morning, I have a problem with this mod, after the game updated to version 1.4.2, the main EVA panels that were behind the joys disappeared, can anyone help me? Or does anybody have any idea how to make them appear again , they were not the only panels that disappeared, when switching to camera mode inside the cabin some paines also disappeared. Thanks for listening!

3 hours ago, Catatau_27 said:

Good morning, I have a problem with this mod, after the game updated to version 1.4.2, the main EVA panels that were behind the joys disappeared, can anyone help me? Or does anybody have any idea how to make them appear again , they were not the only panels that disappeared, when switching to camera mode inside the cabin some paines also disappeared. Thanks for listening!

Were these the RPM displays? Those are having some real trouble with 1.4* and are being remade, basically. I haven't fired up this pack in 1.4+ yet, but I'm guessing that's what's going on.

25 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

Were these the RPM displays? Those are having some real trouble with 1.4* and are being remade, basically. I haven't fired up this pack in 1.4+ yet, but I'm guessing that's what's going on.

Yes I think they are the same ones, I do not have the authority to suggest anything after all, it was not me who made the mod, but I would feel better if the entire panel was made with the same standard of the central panel that still appears in Mark IV, I I liked the layout, only regret that the EVA access to it is not as good as I would like. If it was present in more places or if it was the standard I would not see problem, I imagine that it is necessary to adapt functions to it to become functional like the other that simply disappeared, I also know that it would work, however if the only central panel survived the updates I see no reason not to use it as default on the rest of the ship. Thanks for the feedback =) Keep up the incredible work, I'm fan of Mark IV

On 4/22/2018 at 7:38 AM, Catatau_27 said:

I'm not 100% understanding your english here, but I guess you're seeing some bugs in 1.4.2. That's not unexpected because this mod hasn't been updated to that version, and there is no timeline to do so at the moment. Sorry!

Hello,

I know this mod is not updated to 1.4 (yet, i hope *_*) but it work fine for me, exept the mk4cockpit-2 is missing. even if it is in its folder

Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\MarkIVSystem\Parts\Pods

any idea where i can find it in the game ? thanks !

@Cassiopee, since you're running the mod in a version of KSP that is not compatible, it's unlikely you'll be able to get support here for that. I suggest you try loading the mod in KSP 1.3.1 and seeing if that solves the problem. If it does, then that will confirm that the problem is with the KSP version.

On 4/30/2018 at 1:01 PM, Deddly said:

@Cassiopee, since you're running the mod in a version of KSP that is not compatible, it's unlikely you'll be able to get support here for that. I suggest you try loading the mod in KSP 1.3.1 and seeing if that solves the problem. If it does, then that will confirm that the problem is with the KSP version.

it worked fine in 1.3.1, i though it was a simple bug unrelated to KSP's version. Guess i'm wrong, will wait for an update thanks

• 1 month later...
On 4/30/2018 at 1:57 PM, Cassiopee said:

Hello,

I know this mod is not updated to 1.4 (yet, i hope *_*) but it work fine for me, exept the mk4cockpit-2 is missing. even if it is in its folder

Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\MarkIVSystem\Parts\Pods

any idea where i can find it in the game ? thanks !

On 6/14/2018 at 3:43 AM, Capt. James T. Kirman said:

Where is the cockpit with the docking port on top? Was it removed?

@Cassiopee @Capt. James T. Kirman

I may have found a quick fix for this: comment the 2 "texture" lines from the MODEL subsection on top of the MarkIVSystem\Parts\Pods\mk4cockpit-2\mk4cockpit-2.cfg. E.g.

This

MODEL
	{
		model = MarkIVSystem/Parts/Pods/mk4cockpit-2/mk4cockpit-2
		texture = mk4common-1-blank, MarkIVSystem/Parts/Fuselage/mk4common-1
		texture = mk4common-1-blank-e, MarkIVSystem/Parts/Fuselage/mk4common-1-e
	}

Becomes this

MODEL
	{
		//texture = mk4common-1-blank, MarkIVSystem/Parts/Fuselage/mk4common-1
		//texture = mk4common-1-blank-e, MarkIVSystem/Parts/Fuselage/mk4common-1-e
	}

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2018 at 12:25 PM, segmentation_fault said:

@Cassiopee @Capt. James T. Kirman

I may have found a quick fix for this: comment the 2 "texture" lines from the MODEL subsection on top of the MarkIVSystem\Parts\Pods\mk4cockpit-2\mk4cockpit-2.cfg. E.g.

This

MODEL
	{
		texture = mk4common-1-blank, MarkIVSystem/Parts/Fuselage/mk4common-1
		texture = mk4common-1-blank-e, MarkIVSystem/Parts/Fuselage/mk4common-1-e
	}

Becomes this

MODEL
	{
		//texture = mk4common-1-blank, MarkIVSystem/Parts/Fuselage/mk4common-1
		//texture = mk4common-1-blank-e, MarkIVSystem/Parts/Fuselage/mk4common-1-e
	}

This changes nothing

On 3/31/2018 at 8:32 PM, COL.R.Neville said:

https://github.com/Angel-125/KerbalActuators/releases

try using this instead of the one included. 

I thought I'd check what plug-ins it used. I found these.

Kerbal Actuators

Deployable Engines

B9 Part Switch

B9 Part Switch has just had an update, and Deployable Engines is in the Kerbal Atomics package. Having latest versions of all three would be a good idea. I suppose the same can be said of Near Future Props, and I wouldn't bother added the included version of Module Manager. But will that be enough for reliable operation? I have a feeling I may have missed something.

• 3 weeks later...

I am done, I will be restructuring the package in a bit to make it easier to support and for people to use but development is done for sure. Looking at the stats, there's not really enough usage of it to warrant the headache that working on aero stuff causes me.

Edited by Nertea

21 hours ago, Wyzard said:

FWIW, the highlight of this mod for me is really the engines, moreso than the fuselage parts.  In case you're inclined to continue supporting just the stuff that doesn't cause aero headaches.  :)

Yes that is the plan currently, to move the engines, intakes, nacelles, etc to a "new" Near Future Aeronautics pack which is easy to maintain and update. The MkIV parts will stay here and enter a long term, no-longer-developed state. 

On 7/26/2018 at 12:08 AM, Nertea said:

Yes that is the plan currently, to move the engines, intakes, nacelles, etc to a "new" Near Future Aeronautics pack which is easy to maintain and update. The MkIV parts will stay here and enter a long term, no-longer-developed state. 

That sounds ideal - I tend to have this installed but pruned down to just those parts - really glad they'll continue to be supported.

On 7/26/2018 at 12:08 AM, Nertea said:

So if I understand you correctly, you won’t be adding any new stuff but you will still be updating the mod to keep it up to date? Or are you abandoning this entirely?