Nertea

[1.6.x] Mark IV Spaceplane System (January 21, 2019)

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Plegeus said:

Hello!

I just wonder, since 1.3 is out if/when this mod will be updated. I don't know how much time creating a mod consumes, don't anything of modding, that's why I ask, I would have no problem playing on an older version, but it's always more intersting to play updated games, but if it's not going to happen, I know I need to make my modpack for 1.2 :P

I realy want to play this mod, but I also know patience!

Thx,

Plegeus o7

Scrolling back a page or two, it looks like a v1.3 compatible version is in the pipeline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Plegeus said:

Hello!

I just wonder, since 1.3 is out if/when this mod will be updated. I don't know how much time creating a mod consumes, don't anything of modding, that's why I ask, I would have no problem playing on an older version, but it's always more intersting to play updated games, but if it's not going to happen, I know I need to make my modpack for 1.2 :P

I realy want to play this mod, but I also know patience!

Thx,

Plegeus o7

Hi, welcome to the forums! 

I know that you're not trying to be rude, but asking about mod updates tends to be a bit of a sore subject with many mod makers, especially when they are asked over and over. 

Before asking questions in general--and about updates specifically--in the forums, try to read back over the last couple of pages of posts. You'll see that Nertea has actually been asked about mod updates several times lately, including on this page. It becomes very frustrating for mod makers to work hard to create and maintain mods, and then have users ask questions that, with a little bit of searching, they could answer for themselves. 

Nertea has indicated that an update is coming, but honestly the current version should work on 1.3 as long as all of your dependencies are up to date.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The current version of this mod works 100% in 1.3 if you have the 1.3 compatible deployable engines plugin installed.  If you tell ckan to accept 1.2.x as current as well as 1.3, and just install this mod through ckan, it works.

1.2 mods that are parts only (no dll) seem to all work fine in 1.3.  In general.  This mod is a good example of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Plegeus said:

Hello!

I just wonder, since 1.3 is out if/when this mod will be updated. I don't know how much time creating a mod consumes, don't anything of modding, that's why I ask, I would have no problem playing on an older version, but it's always more intersting to play updated games, but if it's not going to happen, I know I need to make my modpack for 1.2 :P

I realy want to play this mod, but I also know patience!

Thx,

Plegeus o7

Since your post count shows you're new here, I'll let you onto a little secret:

Spoiler

Don't ask when a mod will be updated. Nertea has a lot on his plate at the moment, and the MkIV parts are being worked on. They'll be ready when they're ready, which will be on a Tuesday sometime SoonTM

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I gave an overview of this a few pages back, but since people either don't read closely or don't look that far back, I'll provide a step-by-step here:

How to install MarkIV in KSP 1.3 (before it's officially updated):

  • Download Mark_IV_Spaceplane_System-2.3.6.zip and extract it into a temporary folder (not your KSP's GameData).
  • Open the GameData subfolder in your temporary folder.
  • In that folder, delete everything except the MarkIVSystem folder.
  • In the MarkIVSystem folder, delete the Plugins folder.
  • Move MarkIVSystem into your KSP GameData folder.
  • Download Cryogenic Engines and extract it into a temporary folder, then open its GameData subfolder.
  • Move ModuleManager.2.8.1.dll into your KSP GameData folder.  (Skip this step if you already have a newer ModuleManager DLL.)
  • Move B9PartSwitch and DeployableEngines into your KSP GameData folder.
  • Download Near Future Spacecraft and extract it into a temporary folder, then open its GameData subfolder.
  • Move NearFutureProps into your KSP GameData folder.
  • Download USI Exploration Pack and extract it into a temporary folder, then open its GameData subfolder.
  • Move Firespitter into your KSP GameData folder.
  • Download Community Resource Pack and extract it into a temporary folder, then open its GameData subfolder.
  • Move CommunityResourcePack into your KSP GameData folder.
  • Delete the temporary folder(s) you created above.

@Nertea, I'll try to repost this (or links to it, at least) on subsequent forum pages to keep it visible to newcomers, unless you'd prefer I not do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can also just install via ckan and it does all of the above for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Merkov said:

Hi, welcome to the forums! 

I know that you're not trying to be rude, but asking about mod updates tends to be a bit of a sore subject with many mod makers, especially when they are asked over and over. 

Before asking questions in general--and about updates specifically--in the forums, try to read back over the last couple of pages of posts. You'll see that Nertea has actually been asked about mod updates several times lately, including on this page. It becomes very frustrating for mod makers to work hard to create and maintain mods, and then have users ask questions that, with a little bit of searching, they could answer for themselves. 

Nertea has indicated that an update is coming, but honestly the current version should work on 1.3 as long as all of your dependencies are up to date.

Thanks for being so kind, 

well I tried looking, but I'm very weird, I never see the things I'm looking for, but I recently found out that there are 61 pages of posts and total of over 1500 posts, like wow, I'm sure if I pressed the lil' next button I would have found it out all by myself, but it's whatever

Plegeus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, technicalfool said:

Scrolling back a page or two, it looks like a v1.3 compatible version is in the pipeline.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, MaverickSawyer said:

Since your post count shows you're new here, I'll let you onto a little secret:

  Reveal hidden contents

Don't ask when a mod will be updated. Nertea has a lot on his plate at the moment, and the MkIV parts are being worked on. They'll be ready when they're ready, which will be on a Tuesday sometime SoonTM

 

Sorry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Plegeus said:

Thanks for being so kind, 

well I tried looking, but I'm very weird, I never see the things I'm looking for, but I recently found out that there are 61 pages of posts and total of over 1500 posts, like wow, I'm sure if I pressed the lil' next button I would have found it out all by myself, but it's whatever

Plegeus

Don't be snarky. You only need to click previous page once. No need to start at the beginning and read the whole thread. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/08/2017 at 10:15 PM, ss8913 said:

The current version of this mod works 100% in 1.3 if you have the 1.3 compatible deployable engines plugin installed.  If you tell ckan to accept 1.2.x as current as well as 1.3, and just install this mod through ckan, it works.

1.2 mods that are parts only (no dll) seem to all work fine in 1.3.  In general.  This mod is a good example of that.

My game quit if i do this or if i use Wizard installation, even when  i suppress the plugin folder.........Maybe some incompability with another mod?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, HaydenTheKing said:

I keep checking this mod every day lol,  I want those 2.5 liquid tanks again!

Judging from all the chatter for the last couple months on this thread, it is working if you go through just a few hoops. You can enjoy those tanks straight away!
 

On 8/14/2017 at 7:39 PM, Wyzard said:

I gave an overview of this a few pages back, but since people either don't read closely or don't look that far back, I'll provide a step-by-step here:

How to install MarkIV in KSP 1.3 (before it's officially updated):

  • Download Mark_IV_Spaceplane_System-2.3.6.zip and extract it into a temporary folder (not your KSP's GameData).
  • Open the GameData subfolder in your temporary folder.
  • In that folder, delete everything except the MarkIVSystem folder.
  • In the MarkIVSystem folder, delete the Plugins folder.
  • Move MarkIVSystem into your KSP GameData folder.
  • Download Cryogenic Engines and extract it into a temporary folder, then open its GameData subfolder.
  • Move ModuleManager.2.8.1.dll into your KSP GameData folder.  (Skip this step if you already have a newer ModuleManager DLL.)
  • Move B9PartSwitch and DeployableEngines into your KSP GameData folder.
  • Download Near Future Spacecraft and extract it into a temporary folder, then open its GameData subfolder.
  • Move NearFutureProps into your KSP GameData folder.
  • Download USI Exploration Pack and extract it into a temporary folder, then open its GameData subfolder.
  • Move Firespitter into your KSP GameData folder.
  • Download Community Resource Pack and extract it into a temporary folder, then open its GameData subfolder.
  • Move CommunityResourcePack into your KSP GameData folder.
  • Delete the temporary folder(s) you created above.

@Nertea, I'll try to repost this (or links to it, at least) on subsequent forum pages to keep it visible to newcomers, unless you'd prefer I not do that.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Decided I'm not touching this until 1.3.1 drops by the way. Use the above workaround if you need it. 

Edited by Nertea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Nertea said:

Decided I'm not touching this until 1.3.1 drops by the way. Use the above workaround if you need it. 

I'm feeling sad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well..I just tried the workaround, it didnt work. so..I'll do the smart thing and wait patiently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RaiderMan said:

well..I just tried the workaround, it didnt work. so..I'll do the smart thing and wait patiently.

Just downloading the latest version of the dependencies and installing them over the ones included in the MkIV pack didn't work?

Hmmm.... sounds like you did something really weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RaiderMan said:

well..I just tried the workaround, it didnt work. so..I'll do the smart thing and wait patiently.

I got it to work by downloading all dependence through CKAN, and then doing MKIV through spacedock.

 

Rastor Prop Monitor is not working on these ships for some reason anyone know why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

manual install here, and I followed the directions *shrugs* ah well..I'll see what a buddy of mine makes of this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FWIW, I wrote my directions from memory of how I did it previously, and I re-downloaded all the mods I mentioned and checked that the folders are in the places I said they were, but I didn't have time to actually redo the installation with a clean install of the game.  Since a few people have mentioned that it didn't work for them, I'll try doing that later just to make sure I didn't forget anything.

Has anyone successfully installed the mod using the step-by-step that I wrote?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Wyzard, I skipped a few of your steps since I already use all of Nertea's other mods plus several from USI so I already had all of the updated dependencies; that being said, adding the Mk IV folder to my Gamedata folder and then getting rid of the Plugins folder in the Mk IV folder did the trick.  So it should work as written.

Edited by Nergal8617

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and it says its unsupported. it wants ksp 1.2.2

followed all directions for workaround.

edit: and it crashed outright in both 32 and 64 bit modes.

Edited by RaiderMan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RaiderMan said:

and it says its unsupported. it wants ksp 1.2.2

followed all directions for workaround.

edit: and it crashed outright in both 32 and 64 bit modes.

Can you post some screenshots of your Gamedata folder and your MarkIVSystem folder?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sending you a pm @Nergal8617

 

@Nergal8617 I do hope the links made it through, if not, I'll post the whole mess, sans one drive link here, I did not want that link public, hence pm.

Edited by RaiderMan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.