[1.10.x] Mark IV Spaceplane System (August 3)

Nertea

23 hours ago, blowfish said:

Well, it would be simple enough as a separate part.  But regardless, I don't see the benefit over just sticking a reactor in a cargo bay.

All the near future reactors are cylinders, and fairly long. That doesn't work so well with the design of the mk4 bays in terms of packaging. It also makes cooling them slightly more difficult.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Raideur Ng said:

A C-5 nose would be quite nice. Usually, the back is precious real estate for engine mounts. Being able to lift the nose is a better drive off method that forcing engines on to pylons that cause extra drag.

Nertea did mention something about frontal cargo ramp, but, given lack of free time and sheer complexity of such part, we wont see it for a while, if ever. I guess there's bigger chances for inline cargo lift, since it already modeled and animated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, keys72 said:

Is someone working on updating the mod to 1.1 yet?

Are you kidding me? April fools was yesterday. KSP 1.1 is a prerelease, expecting all of the mod makers to ship their mods for an incomplete testing build is ludicrous. That being said, Nertea will update his mod whenever he damn pleases, and people pestering him won't produce results.

1 minute ago, Andem said:

Are you kidding me? April fools was yesterday. KSP 1.1 is a prerelease, expecting all of the mod makers to ship their mods for an incomplete testing build is ludicrous. That being said, Nertea will update his mod whenever he damn pleases, and people pestering him won't produce results.

Right... Well there are plenty of active mod makers that have made updates for their prerelease, but I wasn't demanding anything to be ready, I was just asking whether it was being worked on or not. Mk4 is probably one of my favorite mods. 

On 4/6/2016 at 7:48 PM, Nertea said:

Lowest on my priority list at the moment. Will take probably 2-4 weeks to get started. 

That's cool no rush or anything, I can tell you're quite prolific. OPT experimantal's out so I have that to play around with while I wait... MkIV is still far superior to OPT though IMO. If the okay IVA's looked a little better, the mod would be perfect!

23 hours ago, keys72 said:

That's cool no rush or anything, I can tell you're quite prolific. OPT experimantal's out so I have that to play around with while I wait... MkIV is still far superior to OPT though IMO. If the okay IVA's looked a little better, the mod would be perfect!

Maybe just try the mod? Landing legs and wheels are broken by the update, but I found the 105 version of Vens Stock Revamp otherwise works just fine in 1.1.

Edited by Temeter

5 hours ago, Temeter said:

Maybe just try the mod? Landing legs and wheels are broken by the update, but I found the 105 version of Vens Stock Revamp otherwise works just fine in 1.1.

Maybe, I use mkiv in conjunction with interstellar so I'll be waiting till that gets updated also. I don't mind waiting, so long as the performance boost remains.

6 minutes ago, keys72 said:

Maybe, I use mkiv in conjunction with interstellar so I'll be waiting till that gets updated also. I don't mind waiting, so long as the performance boost remains.

There is already an updated version:

Of course, it's more comfortable just to wait.~

On 4/6/2016 at 7:48 PM, Nertea said:

Lowest on my priority list at the moment. Will take probably 2-4 weeks to get started. 

Hahaha, i just commented on your NF parts thread and im just checking on all of the mods im following, and didnt realize this awesome pack was yours too. You have at least 3 on my list. Good luck my friend, on both your mod updates and whatever you have going on outside the world of KSP modding. 

Thanks. :)

On 3/4/2016 at 2:43 PM, AkanoLoki said:

Thrust reversing on APR-4000 turboprop is not functioning. Maybe there's problem with alternateThrustTransform...?

Its also found on Github as a bug, think Nertea is probably working on it. It is really irritating on my part, as I wanted to use corkscrew reversed for a craft I had thought of for quite some time. If anyone can make a temporary fix, I'd be grateful.

Edited by victor tan

I'm still playing my 1.05 career for the forseeable future, and bearing in mind I already use Nertea's Stockalike Station Parts Mod and the entire Near Future range of mods, how is it remotely possible that I've never noticed this one before??.... it looks amazing.... downloading now! :)

I am a bit tight for RAM, and had regretfully decided not to use this with 1.05, but so far 1.1 seems to be using less. I am not going to rush, there is so much other new stuff to explore, and any v1.1 career will take time to advance to the point of using this.

I recently saw a pic that compared the various cargo/crew craft that had visited the ISS. The Shuttle could carry a huge volume. This is one way of filling that gap.