[1.10.x] Mark IV Spaceplane System (August 3)

Nertea

i'm curious, are you using FAR? because i find the exact opposite to be the case with it installed. i cant get b9-pwings to generate lift for anything, much left a behemoth like the mkIV

They should be generating the exact same lift per unit area as stock wings. If they aren't, something's probably installed incorrectly. A leftover FerramAerospaceResearch folder from a deleted FAR install is frequently the culprit.

its actually a completely new install, game & mods, from about a week or so ago. i was pruning out unused & bloating mods, and wanted to avoid that exact thing happening.

i was having the same trouble in the previous install too.

An initial evaluation of this mod found that aside from a few wonky numbers for the engines, things are looking pretty good. I've converted the cargo ramp to the stock plugin, which improves functionality. The main problem is the NearFutureProps package which needs some updates. It's unlikely that this will happen until next week.

To apologize, I'll try to include a couple of the new parts.

I've had only one minor issue with the mk14 parts in 1.0.5, the ramp door opens slightly when I launch the aircraft from the hanger. Not a great issue, I just open, then close it before takeoff.

Looking forward to more parts - keep up the great work!

[quote name='Nertea']To apologize, I'll try to include a couple of the new parts.[/QUOTE]

You ceasing to be dropped off the face of the earth is good enough! Hell, thats enough to get me out of indefinite hiatus.

As a sidenote, the stock game has updated radiator code to the point of being able to mimic yours almost 1 for 1 (currently spool time and function toggleability separated from deployment state are the two things not done and these are tiny tiny code tweaks, the latter of which someone's already done for the static panels). With the removal of the need to recode most of the Heat Control radiator systems, could you be motivated to get back to that? First pot of rerelease coffee will be on me. :D

On 11/24/2015, 2:45:55, Generalstarwars333 said:

Well, I've had some problems with all the fuel fuselages bugging out and not responding. IDK about the engines.

That seems like an issue with InterstellarFuelSwitch. Be advised this mod bundles an outdated version of it (though my testing indicates said version functions just fine in 1.0.5). My first suggestion would be to update that. That plugin is what controls the fuel switching and any problem with it, provided it was not Nertea's update that caused it, is likely on the plugin's end.

As for the engines, they all run using stock modules (I think the BROADSWORDs use a firespitter module for the bypass animation though) so functionally they should be fine.

On 12/4/2015, 10:35:30, Captain Sierra said:

That seems like an issue with InterstellarFuelSwitch. Be advised this mod bundles an outdated version of it (though my testing indicates said version functions just fine in 1.0.5). My first suggestion would be to update that. That plugin is what controls the fuel switching and any problem with it, provided it was not Nertea's update that caused it, is likely on the plugin's end.

As for the engines, they all run using stock modules (I think the BROADSWORDs use a firespitter module for the bypass animation though) so functionally they should be fine.

Okay, thank you. I'm glad to know the epic engines still work.

On 12/6/2015, 3:10:22, zvergk said:

thanks great parts mod.but i have some issue with cargo bay.when I try to docking my vehicle into cargo bay vehicle falls into cargo bay floor.

This is a result of parts not colliding with other parts of the same vessel. WHen docked, the two become the same vessel and thus the rover stops colliding with the bay floor. I suggest using winches to lock it down (which does not count as docking) or using them, IR, or some other mechanism to wrangle the rover into the desired position/orientation and then strut it down via KAS struts.

29 minutes ago, Generalstarwars333 said:

Okay, thank you. I'm glad to know the epic engines still work.

Be advised that while the high bypass intake, extended nacelle, and dudley may visually replicate the goliath, I do not guarantee they function similarly. I suspect some rebalancing may be required there.

1 hour ago, Generalstarwars333 said:

Well, the normal engines aren't always the ones I'm interested in. It's the 2.5 meter ramjets and the extra dual function engines that are my interest.

There's no ramjet in this mod, just a 2.5m turbojet.  Even it it did behave like a ramjet, there's no reason why it wouldn't use the stock module.  And the multi mode engines function exactly the same as the stock RAPIER.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2015, 6:13:43, blowfish said:

There's no ramjet in this mod, just a 2.5m turbojet.  Even it it did behave like a ramjet, there's no reason why it wouldn't use the stock module.  And the multi mode engines function exactly the same as the stock RAPIER.

Turboramjet, whatever. tomato, cabbage tree, same thing. I didn't know the scimitars were rapiers in disguise. I thought they were more powerful or something.

3 minutes ago, Generalstarwars333 said:

Turboramjet, whatever. tomato, cabbage tree, same thing. I didn't know the scimitars were rapiers in disguise. I thought they were more powerful or something.

They are more powerful, but the way they function is identical to the stock RAPIER.