Boeing X-37b and Atlas V replica

Wow... the replica look is awesome. But i bet it took an hour or twentysix to construct this dude... right?

I´ll give it a try and i am really interested in this insane construction technique ;)

Thank you for sharing!

Lol yeah it took a while to make.. Mostly due to the small amount of space inside. If you dl it have a look inside the orbiter and you will see what I mean. And it was done without those new gizmos. It would be a bit easier now.

i really like it! it's beautiful- i havnt had luck with trying to make a X37-b with Mk.3 parts...to heavy to fly/glide

Thanks man, don't give up trying! The Mk.3 parts are a bit big for an X-37b, try the mk.2 parts, they glide very well.

• 3 months later...
I took this pic today in honor of our lovely stock fairings. I don't think we have heard the last of them.

http://i61.tinypic.com/2yyt3d5.png

:)

MJ

Awesome.

I'm not going to stop using them (custom fairings), even if Squad makes them split cleanly in half- I'll probably only use them if part count gets out of hand.

I've seen you mention this a few times. Can I ask why? If stock fairings give you the ability to do the same thing with fewer parts, why wouldn't you use them? With the part savings, you could make other parts of the craft even more detailed.

I've seen you mention this a few times. Can I ask why? If stock fairings give you the ability to do the same thing with fewer parts, why wouldn't you use them? With the part savings, you could make other parts of the craft even more detailed.

I like making them.

I like making them.

In all honesty, I think I'd have to agree with Yukon and would use them if I could. It feels like fun making them - the engineering challenges of synchronizing every panel and then finding appropriate shapes and all that - make me feel prouder or my work. (And it adds more fun!)

Awesome.

Thanks man, she deserves a second look.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, and I can't believe I thought I did a good job on my "Snack Chaser" replica..

Marvelous work!

Thank you, it took rather a long time to make the shuttle!!

- - - Updated - - -

Nice work :)

Cheers Sgt_flyer! I very happy you like the look of her.

MJ

• 2 years later...
16 hours ago, eagle92lightning said:

i think it is for survalience

Shhhhhhh... it's a secret. :D

I remade this more recently than this post me thinks. Yup here it is:

I am currently re-re-making it. Some updates broke it.

On 5/13/2017 at 3:52 AM, Majorjim! said:

Shhhhhhh... it's a secret. :D

I remade this more recently than this post me thinks. Yup here it is:

I am currently re-re-making it. Some updates broke it.

cool i cureenttly am using my own verion with an ion engine and mech jeb wieghs just over one ton and is launched on a atlas V four hundred with mainsail on the bottom so bassically a delta iv

• 4 months later...

At first, I wondered why you are so popular around the forums.

Now I see why.

You are the best dude! You've got an amazing talent and imagination, but more importantly is that you have the will and energy to do things like that! Great job! You are awesome!

Good luck doing new things!

17 hours ago, cratercracker said:

At first, I wondered why you are so popular around the forums.

Now I see why.

You are the best dude! You've got an amazing talent and imagination, but more importantly is that you have the will and energy to do things like that! Great job! You are awesome!

Good luck doing new things!

:D That made my day thanks mate! Yes I put huge effort and a lot of time and dedication into my craft. That is partly the reason I haven't played for so long. I don't have the time these days to dedicate to these complex craft..

I re-made this craft more recently here:

I have not tested this craft in newer versions and as it is two years old now it has most likely been broken by game updates ect.. Give the new one a dl and see if it still works.

17 hours ago, Trekkie148 said:

Download please of this awesome craft? I want to make a video and I will credit the creator of the craft

Try the download for the newest version above matey, see if it still works.

One of the most artistical stock build replicas I've seen so far. 

I would like to compare something though. Can you tell me how much FPS you got on the Launchpad? 1300 parts total right? 
Never got time to build things that complicated, I also never liked those 2000 piece puzzles my grandma used to have. Rep to those that take such distances.

Just now, Helmetman said:

One of the most artistical stock build replicas I've seen so far. 

I would like to compare something though. Can you tell me how much FPS you got on the Launchpad? 1300 parts total right? 
Never got time to build things that complicated, I also never liked those 2000 piece puzzles my grandma used to have. Rep to those that take such distances.

Thank you for saying so mate. The origional was 800 parts total, 500 in the orbiter alone! That was due to the 'skin' of the orbiter being made from backwards solar panels held with cubic struts. If I remember correctly FPS was managable. My CPU has very fast single core performance 4.4GHZ. For the remake I replaced every single panel one at a time removing all but one cubic strut so the orbiter went from 500 to 300 parts and the entire build has 430 parts! Less then the first orbiter alone! 

I have no idea if it still works though. :D

Edited by Majorjim!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.