The Delta IV Orion Launch... RECORDING HERE! (Soon)

ZooNamedGames

Which style of video do you want?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Which style of video do you want?

• Silent- only rocket
    • Scott Manley style science video for all
    • Play Royalty music in background of video
    • Other (please specify)

Well BALLS. JUST got home to find the my thread explode from 5 pages to 25. O.O

But yeah- disappointment? How about I got a flat *** from sitting on flat metal for 5+ hours and whats my reward?

I got to talk to the astronaut with the most flights on the shuttle :P . But yeah- I can tell you what happened and when. Granted I'm a little dizzy from being away almost 24 hours straight but Idc at this point.

I woke up and was like "Crap! I missed the launch!" and turned it on only to see I hadn't. But I realized it probably wasn't going to happen till after I got to work, then they say "5 minutes to launch.". I'm all "Ooh! I can delay heading out for 5-10 minutes." Yeah...that was at like 8:10 or so. Didn't leave home till like 8:50 when I said "$%@# it, I have to get to work. I'll just have it on my phone the whole way there." As I pull into my parking space "Mission Scrub is in effect. Secure all stations.". I almost slammed my forehead into my steering wheel.

I was rather dissapointed too, I watched it all morning on NASA TV, can't tell you how angry I was when they said "Hold....Wind violation" I literally slammed my desk the second time in a hype rage :P

The entire crowd at the viewing center was wanting to murder the boat guy XD. I am NOT joking either :P .

You knew the Air Force wasn't screwing around after that when they had a Apache flying overhead every 5 minutes.

I was only able to watch for the first hour of the window. Was sad when it got delayed more, but as it turns out it got delayed so much the thing never even launch at all....:sealed:

But there is always tomorrow, and the next day... and the next day... and the next day... and the next day...

Let's hope the boat guy didn't jinx it.

I mean, we all still remember what happened last time we had a launch attempt the day after a boat in the range caused issues... :sealed:

Fun fact, by the way: the airforce confirmed that it was a barge being towed. Has the entire SpaceX fancrowd up in a buzz, even though the chances of it being Elon's mobile landing pad are slim to none.

This:

Also, another interesting tidbit on the boat - apparently it wasn't in the hazard area after all. It just skirted the edge really closely, which caused the airforce to throw up alarms first and only afterwards start properly calculating the actual position. When they finished calculating it turned out that there was no violation.

This:

Also, another interesting tidbit on the boat - apparently it wasn't in the hazard area after all. It just skirted the edge really closely, which caused the airforce to throw up alarms first and only afterwards start properly calculating the actual position. When they finished calculating it turned out that there was no violation.

I know. I show the post-mission briefing.

This:

Ah. I see.

The more I think about it, the more I have the feeling, that the LES was real. It hast to jettison the upper fairing, once it's in space. Also I can't imagine that the LES is that expensive (compared to the rest of the vessel).

For freak's sake people. It's a dummy LAS with jettison motors and ballast, no abort motors, attitude motors or avionics.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.