KSP Achievements (1.9.4.2) (KSP 1.4.1) 3/14/2018

malkuth

I've removed it from the space center scene because the window would not behave there. Nothing to do with the Toolbar itself, though.

Must be the issue with right clicking and disappearing?

I actually know how to fix that if it's the case.

According to my logs, the update checker of Achivements 1.8.0 contacts some web site and does not get the expected result:

[LOG 21:57:10.561] [Achievements] [INFO] no update found:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en" class="">
<head prefix="og: http://ogp.me/ns# fb: http://ogp.me/ns/fb# object: http://ogp.me/ns/object# article: http://ogp.me/ns/article# profile: http://ogp.me/ns/profile#">
<meta charset='utf-8'>

You might want to disable this and maybe just rely on CKAN and / or KSP-AVC :)

From the original thread, the update check site seems to be blizzys own site.

The plugin makes a check against http://blizzy.de/achievements/version2.txt to see if a new version is available. No information is sent.

According to the html dump, the new plugin seems to contact github.

Achievements mod glitches when installed together with Final Frontier and Toolbar.

Here are the details and reproduction steps.

The problem is apparently that the Toolbar included in Achievements package conflicts with Toolbar one'd otherwise install. Removing the Achievements one helps. Note that having both Toolbars and no FF, or FF and no "normally installed" Toolbar, everything works fine.

Since the game also complains that the Toolbar from Achievements is installed in an incorrect place, I think it would be a good idea to repackage Achievements mod so that it has 000_Toolbar under GameData directory, and not under GameData/Achievements directory. This should solve this problem for new installations.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Malkuth, Still liking this mod! Keep up the great work!

I have installed only this on a clean install and it is throwing lots of Debug errors.

[Exception]: MissingFieldException: Field '.CelestialBody.maxAtmosphereAltitude' not found.

It seems they changed how the atmo is registered for all celestial bodies.

The answer can be found in this thread 'Here' !

it would seem that a few of the Acheivements must use this calculation in them.

Hope this helps. Also keep up the great work on MC2 !

Hi Malkuth, Still liking this mod! Keep up the great work!

I have installed only this on a clean install and it is throwing lots of Debug errors.

[Exception]: MissingFieldException: Field '.CelestialBody.maxAtmosphereAltitude' not found.

It seems they changed how the atmo is registered for all celestial bodies.

The answer can be found in this thread 'Here' !

it would seem that a few of the Acheivements must use this calculation in them.

Hope this helps. Also keep up the great work on MC2 !

From a quick read, it looks like they are using 'CelestialBody.atmosphereDepth' instead of 'CelestialBody.maxAtmosphereAltitude'

Thanks for updating this, however I'm getting an incompatibility pop-up when launching the game.

I noticed there is a 000_Toolbar folder inside the Achievements folder - I already have the latest version of Toolbar (1.7.9) installed separately. Is it possible some of the files in the download are in the wrong place?

Thanks for updating this, however I'm getting an incompatibility pop-up when launching the game.

I noticed there is a 000_Toolbar folder inside the Achievements folder - I already have the latest version of Toolbar (1.7.9) installed separately. Is it possible some of the files in the download are in the wrong place?

Hmmm. Not sure why that's in there you can safely remove it. The incompatibility thing is not going to cause any issues. Don't like the system myself and tried to get rid of it, but caused some issue so I just updated the number to KSP 1.0 for now. Possible still not accepting it when checking against version number. Should only check major version and not minor. But might not be case. It does work with any 1.0 though.

Updated the downloads and removed the Toolbar.

Very possible you were getting and Incompatibility from toolbar (was old version) and not Achievements.

Edited by malkuth

Possible still not accepting it when checking against version number. Should only check major version and not minor. But might not be case. It does work with any 1.0 though.

Very possible you were getting and Incompatibility from toolbar (was old version) and not Achievements.

No, it was specifically the Achievements. It does check against minor version number - so if you have it specified as 1.0 instead of 1.0.2, it will pop up that warning. I tried it without the Toolbar folder and got the same result. Putting a text Version file in the Achievements folder did not change that. I don't know how you have the version set in the mod - via the .dll or something?

I'll try the new download and see if that behaves differently.

[EDIT: Seems to load fine - whatever you did appears to have worked. Thanks!]

Edited by HeadHunter67

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.