KSP Achievements (1.9.4.2) (KSP 1.4.1) 3/14/2018

malkuth

Is this by chance not compatible with New Horizons? I'm getting the following spammed in the log, lagging the game down:

[EXC 19:16:39.731] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[Body] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate, Fallback fallback)
System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[Body] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate)
Achievements.Body.get (.CelestialBody
Achievements.VesselExtensions.getCurrentBody (.Vessel vessel)
Achievements.BodyOrbit.check (.Vessel vessel)
Achievements.Achievements.checkAchievements ()
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
Achievements.Achievements:checkAchievements()
Achievements.Achievements:Update()

• 3 months later...

Hello,

I've not played KSP in a while and am just getting back into it. I generally download mods through CKAN and Achievements was always something I grabbed but I don't see it there any more and this is the only thread I could find about it, well, the newest after Blizzy's original.

Has this mod been discontinued now or can someone point me to an updated thread please? 

Thanks!

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 8:24 AM, Ryds said:

@malkuth

Most likely not on ckan because it thinks its not compatible.  I will have to check to see if it works in 1.05 or not.  Don't see why not.  And will have to reupload it for Ckan can read that its 1.05 ready.

• 3 months later...

Updated for 1.1 PreRelease Download from my GitHub Page for now until the final 1.1 Version becomes live for KSP.

Download.

1. No more dependency for Blizzy Tool bar.. Been wanting to transfer to default KSP tool bar for awhile now.
  2. Updated for 1.1 PreRelease.
  3. Removed all references to version checker in the code.  This was older code that needs updating and decided to just junk it for now. Maybe later I will add the newer version of Version checker.
Edited by malkuth

Version 1.9 For KSP 1.1 Release Ready.

1. No more dependency for Blizzy Tool bar.. Been wanting to transfer to default KSP tool bar for awhile now.
  2. Updated for 1.1 PreRelease.
  3. Added MiniAVC for version checking.

Awesome!  Weird question malkuth.  I don't know how the game tracks your progress so is this like a resident program that uses resources while it watches for specific trigger hits?  ie. is there any kind of fps hit from this mod?  Also since you understand how the toolbars work, should I only be going for mods that do not use Blizzy's toolbar?  Or will there be no issue if some mods use his toolbar and others don't?

Thanks! :)

Edited by jpinard

37 minutes ago, jpinard said:

Awesome!  Weird question malkuth.  I don't know how the game tracks your progress so is this like a resident program that uses resources while it watches for specific trigger hits?  ie. is there any kind of fps hit from this mod?  Also since you understand how the toolbars work, should I only be going for mods that do not use Blizzy's toolbar?  Or will there be no issue if some mods use his toolbar and others don't?

Thanks! :)

Well blizzy's tool bar is awesome, going to actually add it back in and give you the option to use either or.  Just at release Blizzy had not updated for 1.1 yet.  All mods use resources so they give minor hits but none that should be noticeable.  Achievements uses In game hooks to trigger the different achievements.  Pretty much the same way the now ingame 1.0 Worlds First Work now.

Speaking of worlds first plan on actually added all those to the GUI of Achievements for you can not only track mine, but also the ingame ones, more importantly the hidden ones like Speed Records, alt, planet visits etc.  Just have to have time to get it all done.  And dig into the KSP code some more.

19 minutes ago, malkuth said:

Well blizzy's tool bar is awesome, going to actually add it back in and give you the option to use either or.  Just at release Blizzy had not updated for 1.1 yet.  All mods use resources so they give minor hits but none that should be noticeable.  Achievements uses In game hooks to trigger the different achievements.  Pretty much the same way the now ingame 1.0 Worlds First Work now.

Speaking of worlds first plan on actually added all those to the GUI of Achievements for you can not only track mine, but also the ingame ones, more importantly the hidden ones like Speed Records, alt, planet visits etc.  Just have to have time to get it all done.  And dig into the KSP code some more.

Awesome thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 2:00 PM, malkuth said:

Update for KSP 1.2 Release.

I am entirely unfamiliar with the differences between KSP v1.2.0 and v1.2.2.  I'm running v1.2.2, would the differences be enough to worry about when running this mod?

1 hour ago, MisterFister said:

I am entirely unfamiliar with the differences between KSP v1.2.0 and v1.2.2.  I'm running v1.2.2, would the differences be enough to worry about when running this mod?

Almost certainly not. I read most mod pages on the forum and I've only seen 1 mod broken between 1.2.0 and 1.2.2.

1 hour ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

Almost certainly not. I read most mod pages on the forum and I've only seen 1 mod broken between 1.2.0 and 1.2.2.

Which mod was that, if you don't mind my asking?  (And do you mean between 1.2.1 and 1.2.2, or 1.2.0 specifically?)

6 hours ago, MisterFister said:

Which mod was that, if you don't mind my asking?  (And do you mean between 1.2.1 and 1.2.2, or 1.2.0 specifically?)

I actually remembered a second mod that broke. 

Kopernicus broke 1.2 to 1.2.1 because Squad changed grav parks slightly.

Civilian Population broke 1.2.1 to 1.2.2 because it was using an old API that got retired. 

Other than these, everything has been working very well. 

Edited by TheRagingIrishman

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

really didn't think this mod was needed anymore so stoped updating it.  But been asked why I haven't so didn't take to long.  Like MCE I got rid of AVC right now since I can't seem to recover my AVC account.  So here ya go.  Pretty sure someone might have made a similar mod that might be better than this at this point.  But just in case.

Achievements For KSP 1.4.1 can be downloaded from the Front page of this thread.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.