Raptor AeroEspacial Kerbal Transportation System

RaptorHunterMz

The Kerbal Deep Space Transportation System designed to transport and land up to six Kerbals almost anywhere. It has to main parts a command pod and a stack landing module with retrograde rockets.

The retrograde rockets use mono-propellent and electricity as a resource. Landing gear lacks suspension and I am not planning to fix the problem. I didn't have much time to test this parts yet but I believe everything should work OK.

Please report any bugs, and post suggestions to make this mod better.

WEAUjmK.png

yn08XUz.jpg

http://www.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/225963-raptor-aeroespacial-kerbal-transportation-system

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4DVA3tTLSqpMEdYM3RKd09fcTQ/view?usp=sharing

License: Free to use, modify and publish.

I disagree, it's not OP at all... In fact it's almost perfectly balanced.

I built a stock vehicle that approximates this vehicle.

Rockomax x200-16 + Mk1-2 command + Poodle + 4x LT1 landing struts

It's 15ton, 2.8k dV and seats 3 kerbals for 10 thousand credits.

With a TWR of 1.4

Your Raptor is the exact same stats, but has space for 6 kerbals as opposed to 3. So you could up the price by 2 or 3k if you want to reflect that but I don't think you even need to do that... If the raptor's TWR is close to 1.4, I'd say it's perfectly balanced.

Just in case you're thinking about additional things to build.. You could consider a flat! crew section that houses 3 more kerbals. A flat! fuel tank that would upgrade the dV to something worthy of an IP takeof and return vehicle. (Say +1000). A flat science tank. Or a flat cargo bay which opens up and allows us to stash instruments inside. I don't think a cargo bay that allows another craft inside is realistic for such a small craft ;) I suggest flat components because a space agency would avoid tall landers, rather going for something with a relative wide base.

Would you consider including one of those fancy toggles so that I can switch from monopropellant to different fuel types? Like karbonite and regular LFO? (Your monopropellant choice is the only thing I dislike about this capsule. And I say this with sufficient humility, because I think you did an awesome job that I would not be able to follow)

Thank for an awesome new toy, I can't wait to take it out on a flight :)

I disagree, it's not OP at all... In fact it's almost perfectly balanced.

I built a stock vehicle that approximates this vehicle.

Rockomax x200-16 + Mk1-2 command + Poodle + 4x LT1 landing struts

It's 15ton, 2.8k dV and seats 3 kerbals for 10 thousand credits.

With a TWR of 1.4

Your Raptor is the exact same stats, but has space for 6 kerbals as opposed to 3. So you could up the price by 2 or 3k if you want to reflect that but I don't think you even need to do that... If the raptor's TWR is close to 1.4, I'd say it's perfectly balanced.

Thanks for the feedback.

Just in case you're thinking about additional things to build.. You could consider a flat! crew section that houses 3 more kerbals. A flat! fuel tank that would upgrade the dV to something worthy of an IP takeof and return vehicle. (Say +1000). A flat science tank. Or a flat cargo bay which opens up and allows us to stash instruments inside. I don't think a cargo bay that allows another craft inside is realistic for such a small craft I suggest flat components because a space agency would avoid tall landers, rather going for something with a relative wide base.

I might build them, but first I want to add some features to the existing parts that I created. I tried textures but I don't want a look that makes the part look like it was welded or riveted. But once I am done and familiarized with modding I might do something extra.

Would you consider including one of those fancy toggles so that I can switch from monopropellant to different fuel types? Like karbonite and regular LFO? (Your monopropellant choice is the only thing I dislike about this capsule. And I say this with sufficient humility, because I think you did an awesome job that I would not be able to follow)

Thank for an awesome new toy, I can't wait to take it out on a flight

I have no experience with Karbonite, due to RAM limitations (only 2GBs), this was the main reason I made this mod, I was playing with Laztech Dragon V2, the mod had a ridiculous amount of faces even with 512 textures I was getting problems. As soon as I get more RAM I will try other mods and add support for them. I wanted to use hypergolic fuels for the retro rockets but the closest thing ksp has to it is monopropellent.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.