KSP crashes entire computer

When playing KSP it will randomly crash my entire computer, most times it is during flight but it has happened in editors.

I have my task manager open monitoring my memory and it never maxes out.

http://m.uploadedit.com/b043/1417571970614.txt is the output_log.txt

My PC specs are

Windows 7

Intel Core i7

8GB RAM

64bit (running 32x KSP 0.25)

The issue has been happening since 0.21 and is very frustraiting...

Has anybody had these issues before?

I would recommend that you monitor you cpu and gpu temps while you are playing. This sounds like a protective shutdown to me. Make sure you pc's fans aren't blocked. Where is your pc located? Under the desk? In a corner? Make sure it can breathe and the fans are circulating air like they should. KSP will tax the gpu in some circumstances. I notice it especially in the VAB. The fan will really kick up into high gear.

Like rocketpilot already eluded to, this sounds like a hardware issue. If it isn't a overheat shutdown, then you may need to start doing diagnostics on the hard drive and the ram. They can both cause strange random crashes at the onset of failure. If you aren't experienced with performing diagnostics on your hardware, just ask. Either here or over in one of the other community threads like the KSP computer builders thread : http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/25004-KSP-Unofficial-Official-Computer-Building-Megathread-%28All-Questions-Acceptable-%29. There are sharp folks in there that can help.

You could try uninstalling and reinstalling KSP, moving directories, verifying cache on steam, yada yada and so on and so forth, but I think you would be barking up the wrong tree. 32 bit KSP has been stable for pretty much every member here for a long time now, and this sounds like hardware failure IMHO:(

Edited by Otis

What Otis says is a good point. KSP is very CPU intensive and cooling can be a problem.

Also, based on your log, my first suggestion is to get KSP off of your desktop. It can cause a variety of random problems. You will need to copy/paste KSP off of the desktop OR unzip a new copy. Do not "move" the file or windows DEP may still cause problems.

Also, when you say "memory doesn't max out," what does it get to? You're running 32-bit KSP which means it'll max out around 3.5 GB at the most. A second thing you can try is setting Texture Quality to Half (in the main menu settings page). Given your system, I don't imagine this problem is affecting you, but maybe.

Cheers,

~Claw

No blue screen, just it all shuts off, you can hear the same sound byte repeating through the speakers...

No mods, a 30 part rover...

Happens to no other games apart from KSP :(

Really? May be an overheat, you gave no mention of a GPU so I assume you are using Intel Integrated Graphics, which could possibly have to do with the issue of your CPU overheating, as others have already said.

Also, how old is your PC? Recently my PSU (Power Supply) kinda got worn out, and I had very similar symptoms (Shut Down and/or sound buzz).

Is your computer's Power Supply Unit enough powerful?

If its power is not sufficient  when you run some "heavy" process and your CPU and videocard begin to consume much power, power unit can switch itself off to prevent overload damage.

Thanks for the tips, I'll try them all out.

I left out some of my specs.

GPU - GTX560 Ti 2GB

PSU - 700W CoolerMaster

CPU is just fan cooled

It's below a desk but I would not say in any way starved for air.

As for the PC, it's self built just over 3 years ago.

OS and most apps are on a 128GB SSD and the rest is on a 2TB, midspeed HDD

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.