[1.2.0] Internet Relay Chat Continued - 0.18.1.7 [30/10/16]

timmers_uk

Well I think the output log shows your having a problem loading those textures :-

Load(Texture): KSPIRC/button-join

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

[TR.Loader] Compressed KSPIRC/button-join [24x20 RGBA32 -> DXT5]

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

d3d: failed to create 2D texture id=1391 w=12 h=10 mips=4 d3dfmt=894720068 [invalid call]
Load(Texture): KSPIRC/button-message

[TR.Loader] Compressed KSPIRC/button-message [24x20 RGBA32 -> DXT5]

d3d: failed to create 2D texture id=1393 w=12 h=10 mips=4 d3dfmt=894720068 [invalid call]
Load(Texture): KSPIRC/button-pm

[TR.Loader] Compressed KSPIRC/button-pm [24x20 RGBA32 -> DXT5]

d3d: failed to create 2D texture id=1395 w=12 h=10 mips=4 d3dfmt=894720068 [invalid call]
Load(Texture): KSPIRC/button-regular

[TR.Loader] Compressed KSPIRC/button-regular [24x20 RGBA32 -> DXT5]

d3d: failed to create 2D texture id=1397 w=12 h=10 mips=4 d3dfmt=894720068 [invalid call]
Load(Texture): KSPIRC/resize-cursor

[TR.Loader] Compressed KSPIRC/resize-cursor [15x15 RGBA32 -> DXT5]

d3d: failed to create 2D texture id=1399 w=7 h=7 mips=4 d3dfmt=21 [invalid call]

I couldn't comment on D3D vs OpenGL though - for me in openGL I get this :-

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/HGTrmliE2yilA3t7Xcb1-BBs1TI-tr4twMWXQFJxJ0mEEkRp6-XgKmAL446GvwWozuuu7ieErLXVwhU=w1896-h827-rw

I have run a quick test build with the icons switched from TGA to DDS, in case the problem is the unreliable TGA loading :-

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3p-HtV_3uFfT0xmbWZvcUtMMUE/view?usp=sharing

If you can try that, I'll probably be making the next release use DDS anyway, but it would be useful to know if this helps you at all, as its probably not enough by itself to justify a rev.

Timmers

I just tried that test version but sadly the problem stays the same :(

Btw I can`t see the picture you posted :S

Btw my settings have the textures at half quality, might that be the issue?!

EDIT: That was it! Playing the game at half texture quality causes it, just tested it. Textures must be at full quality for the icons to show :(

Edited by GunTuga

I just tried that test version but sadly the problem stays the same :(

Btw I can`t see the picture you posted :S

Btw my settings have the textures at half quality, might that be the issue?!

EDIT: That was it! Playing the game at half texture quality causes it, just tested it. Textures must be at full quality for the icons to show :(

You're not missing anything with the picture - suffice it to say OpenGL isn't a viable option for me :(

Good find on the issue though - it may be worth making sure you deleted the TGA images, anyway, just in case, but I guess the errors I noted above were from the attempt by the texture loader to half what were already small textures - oddly though, I just ran my test stripped install of KSP up on d3d9 and d3d11 on half size textures, and the damn things still show up correctly for me even on half res - could be a graphics driver dependant thing?

You're not missing anything with the picture - suffice it to say OpenGL isn't a viable option for me :(

Good find on the issue though - it may be worth making sure you deleted the TGA images, anyway, just in case, but I guess the errors I noted above were from the attempt by the texture loader to half what were already small textures - oddly though, I just ran my test stripped install of KSP up on d3d9 and d3d11 on half size textures, and the damn things still show up correctly for me even on half res - could be a graphics driver dependant thing?

If you are talking about the graphic card, I have an Radeon R9 270X, perhaps you are using a nvidia?

I made progress mate! I tried to convert all the button icons files to PNG and now it works properly :)

Good to hear, though I have no idea why that works and nothing else did - don't you just love PC gaming.

New update available on first page :-

• Added optional Text to Speech (windows only) - should just disable on mac/linux - let me know if it has bees on those platforms - switch on/off and set TTS volume in config window.
  • Replaced button textures with DDS versions.
  • Fixed 'highlight all the things' bug in unput textbox focus capture code.

Let me know if you are using linux/mac and this breaks kspirc for you - I *think* I've linked softly enough to SpeechLib to work outside of windows, but I can't test right now.

T

New new update on the usual KerbalStuff/github suspects :-

• Gave text input what should be a globally unique name to resolve selection issues.
  • Re-enable auto-focus of the input box on mouseover, and did an ugly fix for the 'select all' bug this induces by waiting till the next draw loop to clear selection/position.
  • Move initialization to the SpaceCenter scene to avoid signing in until interaction is actually possible.

Double oops - found several bees in the window position saving ... 0.14.4.1 being released now.

Ok I get the triple oops clown crown!

0.14.4.2 going up ...

- Fixed nasty issues caused by moving KSPIRC to sit mostly in a ScenarioModule - scenario module now just used to trigger save of config on transitions.

Hi,

I don't know if this has been suggested yet, but could set the IRC window to not pop up by default? For times when not using IRC it would be convenient to be able to hop scenes without the screen popping up.

Cheers :)

Hi,

I don't know if this has been suggested yet, but could set the IRC window to not pop up by default? For times when not using IRC it would be convenient to be able to hop scenes without the screen popping up.

Cheers :)

I'll take look today, but I'm slightly confused by this as i dont recall the window popping up on every scene change (unless its a side effect of my utterly broken 0.14.4.1 build, which gas more bees than oprah anyway).

Are you using blizzy's toolbar or stock applauncher? That could be a factor I guess?

tnx

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

0.16.5.2 released, rebuilt with minor fixups only needed for 1.1.0 prerelease.

No blizzy toolbar support for now, as AFAIK no blizzy toolbar for 1.1.0 prerelease

If you are using 1.0.5 still, stick with 0.15.5.2.

:)

• 2 months later...

An unfortunately, too easy thing to do, and a surprisingly common mistake I see all the time... :)

I have a couple things I wish to add to the SpaceDock issue page...I think I will ask if they can implement a small popup, asking if you wish to publish now or not, once the "Save" button is clicked when editing a SpaceDock entry... :)

Edited by Stone Blue

• 4 weeks later...

New release just puashed

- Updated to remove foreach loops according to performance recommendations.
- Added explicit support for twitch - see https://blog.bashtech.net/a-guide-to-twitch-irc/ for details, specifically use of http://www.twitchapps.com/tmi/ to generate an irc password to use - use your twitch handle as nick + username.
- Made password entry field a password UI component to avoid leaking passwords so easily.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.