Stratolaunch systems

Gusta10069

So, my life dream is to work with this. If it works out in real life space x would basically only serve for extreme payloads.

But, while that does not happen we could have a mod, so that a mission like this could happen in KSP.

Anything similar already developed?

Do you mean in MeatSpace? Virgin Galactic's SpaceShip craft are effectively the same thing, except that the craft only attains a suborbital trajectory.

I seem to recall the Air Force doing some work with air launch to orbit experiments. Certainly there are a multitude of advantages to it, including a built in Dv boost since the aircraft is already moving, no need to deal with the lower atmosphere, thus the ability to design more efficient rockets that work well in low pressure, more flexibility in the use of higher ISP fuels that would otherwise be impractical or too dangerous to use in surface to orbit applications, lower propellant weight allowing for high payload weight, and ability to effectively launch from anywhere to any inclination directly.

If you want to do this in KSP I would suggest you try B9 Aerospace. I am pretty sure it that plane can be recreated with it.

However, with the effort required to recreate it you could have simply build an SSTO spaceplane capable of launching the same payload

I.e. single-use multi-stage launcher with additional manned aircraft to retrench 300 m/s of velocity and ~10 km of altitude?

From my POV until multi-use single-stage airplane runway-fueling-space-runway-fueling-space (as usual planes) all these phantasmagoric projects (and also including Virgin Galactic's, of course) will be a exactly the same as:

http://gizmodo.com/5927718/15-early-airplanes-with-more-wings-than-a-bucket-of-fried-chicken

I.e. single-use multi-stage launcher with additional manned aircraft to retrench 300 m/s of velocity and ~10 km of altitude?

From my POV until multi-use single-stage airplane runway-fueling-space-runway-fueling-space (as usual planes) all these phantasmagoric projects (and also including Virgin Galactic's, of course) will be a exactly the same as:

http://gizmodo.com/5927718/15-early-airplanes-with-more-wings-than-a-bucket-of-fried-chicken

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Just don't get what are these multi use bla bla bla that you're talking about.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.