A strange Kraken is attacking me!

Hi all, I've opened a thread about memory usage a few days ago, but now I'm encountering a much bigger problem.

I was trying to test some B9 turbofans, stock basic engines and a lv 909 for a contract, attaching them to a central tank+ two lateral tanks and a probe.

Then... the Void. When I tried to launch nothing appeared except for a strange view of Kerbin without land, and with something very small on the background that looked like a ship firing an engine. Tried again, and again, I always got that result OR a strange coloured ( almost washed out and very aliased ) still image of the KSC. The navball goes nuts too, with all markers pointing in the same direction.

It's already happened to me in a completely separated install, with almost the same mods. Moreover, if I try to load that ship in the VAB all its parts behave like they're all indipendent ( no root etc ) but if I remove the root part the camera locks in place and I can't do anything, like there's nothing there. Also, it does not keep simmetry.

Another VERY strange thing is that if I try to load a previuosly saved ship ( which I've built yesterday), it gets correctly loaded on the launchpad

Here's my modlist:

AmbientLightAdjustment

B9

Better Atmospheres

DRE

DistantObject

DockingPortAlignment

EVE

FASA launch clamps only

FAR

InfernalRObotics

KAS

Kerbal Alarm Clock

KIDS

KJR

KER

KSP-AVC

KSP Interstellar

SelectRoot

KW Rocketry

PartCatalog

PlanetShine

PreciseNode

RealChute

SCANSat

Crowd funded ScienceDefs ( well, not actually a mod )

SmartParts

StageRecovery

StationScience

Stock Bugfixes

TAC fuel balancer

TAC-LS

Texture Replacer

Toolbar

Trajectories

Transfer Window Planner

Tweakscale

Universal Storage

Vanguard parachutes

All mods are updated, except for TweakScale which I deliberately kept at 1.45 because I didn't want the auto rescale feature. I'm on version 0.25, 32bit, on Windows 7 x64

What could I do? ;.;

UPDATE: output.log here https://mega.co.nz/#!R08A1RCR!Y3Ugb_AIoiHl-zHhw3-LKFgTJnoZFHgi6Wo4DFar_sI

Edited by Agost

You could read and follow this, please :)

I know for a fact that PlanetShine is not compatible with AmbientLightAdjustment, but I doubt that's your main problem. To help us figure it out, could you upload an output_log.txt file after following all instructions in the linked thread?

Is MEGA ok to load logs and other files? I've read that some ISPs block it

Here's the output.log ( restarting the game didn't change anything )

https://mega.co.nz/#!R08A1RCR!Y3Ugb_AIoiHl-zHhw3-LKFgTJnoZFHgi6Wo4DFar_sI

Edited by Agost

MEGA will do fine, yes.

I edited the post with output log .zip while you were writing, lol

However, I've tried to load the same save in another KSP folder in which I've re-installed all the mods ( except for PlanetShine ) but I'm still having the same issue.

Edited by Agost

Hmm.. I don't know where to start.. You've got DRE, DOE, KAS, Engineer and KAC all throwing errors but I think they're symptoms, not causes. What interests me is this error (I think it's the first):

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Part.op_Explicit (UnityEngine.GameObject o) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ShipConstruct.LoadShip (.ConfigNode root) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ShipConstruction.LoadShip (System.String filePath) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at FlightDriver.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Did you do something funky during construction? Maybe Undo placing a root part or something? It would explain why loading an already built craft worked fine, too. I'm guessing the craft file is corrupt in some way, you might be better off deleting it and starting again.

Did you do something funky during construction? Maybe Undo placing a root part or something? It would explain why loading an already built craft worked fine, too. I'm guessing the craft file is corrupt in some way, you might be better off deleting it and starting again.

I've made another KSP folder from the stock steam version ( after a cache integrity check ), reinstalled all the mods ( without planetshine ) and loaded the same save file. Then i cancelled the old ship from the VAB and made an identical one... same issue.

When i go back to the VAB, I find the same ship without simmetry on and looking like it's not a single ship anymore ( every part can be taken apart and the craft still stays the same, even if you remove the root one )

I'll provide some screenshot asap. Can the save files be useful, too?

The camera is supposed to do that when root part is removed, and the other part happened to me, just try to salvage all you can with subassemblies and rebuild the craft.

It does not behave like normal disassebly... parts detach from others in a strange manner, like if the tree of the craft is broken. If i remove, for example, a central fuel tank, other parts attached to it stay still in their place, a little greyed out...

Probably found the responsible for this issue. I've tried loading B9 turbofans only and they cause the issue both on launchpad and on the runway.

http://imgur.com/a/AdtJ3#0

On the second screenshot you can clearly see the ship, in flight (?) with mach effects (??) over kerbin (???) and it's not moving (????). Moreover, there is no simmetry applied ( while I obviously applied it in the SPH )

Why this part is causing issues?? It is temporarily unlocked by a contract, could it be the cause?

Edited by Agost

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.