0.90 is in Experimentals!

SQUAD

My guess is Xmas. :) Why would they miss such a grand opportunity? 16th would be nice, but if waiting till Xmas meant a few new parts thrown in, or a few bugs fixed, then by all means, do it. It's not like I have time to play before that. :)

My guess for release 16th december

Experimentals phase usually lasts for about 2 weeks and this time, with so huge update it may take some more time. I guess it will be released in december - if they don't find any serious issue :)

Experimentals phase usually lasts for about 2 weeks and this time, with so huge update it may take some more time. I guess it will be released in december - if they don't find any serious issue :)

I hope they finish in time long enough before Christmas, because most of the game sales are made in the first few december weeks. If a "KSP reaches Beta!" news appears in Steam during the Christmas sales, people will buy KSP like crazy. Would be a pity if they miss that opportunity.

Can someone tell me what the status is for building upgrades? i know tier 1 is out for .90, but other than that, is it "complete"?

You know, I think you might have asked that before. Are you familiar with Einstein's quote about doing the same thing over and over again? ;-0

The answer is, "Squad aren't telling, testers signed a non-disclosure agreement so can't tell, the rest of us don't know".

These updates come so fast that I don't have any time to play them to all extent. Maybe I just wait until 1.0

You do not have to. Just give every version a run and leave your impressions to support KSP's development. :)

I wanted to try an oldfashioned unmodded Eve return in .25 - now it seems I should wait a week or so? :D

That date is so important, not only for sales. If I was in their place, I couldn't enjoy the holidays if there was an almost-finished release on my consciousness. I sure hope they get everything sorted out rather than find themselves compelled to ship banana software.

Who is really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really excited!I am...

how is it... as far as I understood 0.90 will be a gamma and feature complete? afterwards no new features will come in (until 1.0)?

There are a couple more things that need to be done, atmosphere overhaul, tier 1 space centre, and maybe a few more I can't remember. :)

0.25 copied over from steam to a separate folder. I will get to Jool in my current career, and do all the other stuff. Unless 0.90 is so full of goodieness that I get all distracted and stuff, but that is not likel... oh look a kittie!

how is it... as far as I understood 0.90 will be a gamma and feature complete? afterwards no new features will come in (until 1.0)?

There will be no new features that would require implementing whole new systems into the game. E.g. Upgradable buildings are, afaik, a new feature, but they are not a new system - that was implemented with destructible buildings.

this game needs an optimization overhaul

Only one?

The idea of getting to 'beta' is that all the game mechanics are there.

Next step is to make them work as they are intended.

Then try to make sure they work with each other as intended too.

There's a way to go from 'beta' to 'DONE (for now)'

You know, I think you might have asked that before. Are you familiar with Einstein's quote about doing the same thing over and over again? ;-0

The answer is, "Squad aren't telling, testers signed a non-disclosure agreement so can't tell, the rest of us don't know".

Actually... they basically said that there'll just be Tier 2 and Tier 3 (current) in 0.90, with Teir 1 being the only thing pushed back. So the answer is "Yes."

I have been following KSP since version .7. I have watched the ups and downs, the fits and starts, the evolution of their development team, processes, QA, community development and so much more.

I posted about the whole software development process over a year ago, when Squad was reorganizing to better cope with their new found fame, and their early lack of development maturity. I described in detail the things that would need to happen to "get to the finish line". I've been witness to squad doing exactly that and achieve so many good things. I think the post got eaten by the great forum crash of April '13.

Congratulations team, on reaching this stage in your development. I salute you and your phenomenal growth, increasing quality with each release, and maintaining such a devoted base of fans, and the fantastic community that supports this game.

I wish you all the best holidays, and a well deserved rest after working so hard to reach this point.

Now I wait to find out how much of my addon you did away with :)

Will contracts for non-present parts finally stop constantly unfolding on condition change?

Oh and transponder fitting is not covered by 100% recovery, is that intended?

Also why can't I use the strategies to convert rep to fund and science and also funds to science?

Edited by BloodyRain2k

Only one?

The idea of getting to 'beta' is that all the game mechanics are there.

Next step is to make them work as they are intended.

Then try to make sure they work with each other as intended too.

There's a way to go from 'beta' to 'DONE (for now)'

Patronizing reply. Especially to somebody who codes for a living...

Yes, optimization in regards to removing the Asset loader and instead getting the program to load assets in and out of memory dynamically as it's running, both in the background and synchronously (not cache everything the game has in at startup) is something this program begs for and should have been addressed at alpha. It shouldn't be loading up with a +4Gb RAM requirement on the vanilla installation, especially for a program that has an extensive modding user-base and balloons that memory requirement exponentially because of texture decompression with each mod installation. When you code a game that is reliant on such a method of asset acquisition it becomes increasingly difficult to implement a more streamline and efficient method to replace it such as dynamic asset loading. The Asset Loader is easier to implement, but it's also symptomatic of lazy coding too. There's no reason for it to exist, especially when we live in an age where single core CPU's are now a thing of the past. It has to be removed.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.