[0.25] Kerbal Adventure V1.0

MenuOption

Kerbal Adventure is a mod that tells a story, the story of how an astronaut was lost, the missions to find him, and the story revolving around a discovery, a discovery that may change the direction of the Science team's work, of how the Director of KSCs spends his nights, and ... well, you will have to play to see.

Mod on Curse:

http://www.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/225951-kerbal-adventure

Source: included in the zip

Jebidiah is missing. Somewhere, perhaps in the mountains, perhaps somewhere at sea.

The idea with the mod is to create a story, for now a short one. But the plan is to expant the story over the next few months. I suspect the best way to play this mod is in sandbox mode (for now). The mod is based on a set of missions. Each one advances the story. The first two chapters are finished, but the story will continue past these two initial chapters of about 15 or so missions.

The mod presents 3 windows, one for the chapters (left below), one with a map, description of the current story, the target coordiantes and the present coordinates. The map will also show the goal (green circle on the impage (far right top) and the curent location on the map (not shown in this screenshot). The third window pops up when the particular goal has been reached. The map window can be hidden by using the "map" button on the main story window.

FGTgACJ.png

The target positon also indicates R (radius, closeness to target) and H heigh above (and below) target that is acceptable. On some flight missions the target alt may be 90km, with a H=20km. That means that any height vrom 70 to 110km will be acceptable.

This is a fun mod. The goals will slowly increase in complexity as the story progresses. The first two chapters happen around Kerbin.

Enjoy..

Edited by MenuOption

Dude, i checked out your link on curse and it seems really interesting in initial concept although you might get a bit of slow start due to the lack of any kind of details present. I mean, "generic framework for creating kerbal stories", sounds like modders could do some creative s**t with that if they knew what it was really all about- maybe put some more info up?

Took a quick peek, and it seems like there's potential, I see that there's been a lot of work put into this (you just need to sell it to us!). However, you're currently in violation of SQUAD's policies (see sticked thread), specifically:

3. Source code

All plugins which are made available on the services maintained by Squad that serve the KSP Community must have their source code be made publicly available. This can be achieved by posting it on a public code repository and linking this repository in every location you offer the plugin for download. Including the source code in the download file itself instead of hosting it on a public code repository also satisfies this requirement.

You'll need to provide the source for KerbalAdventure.dll ASAP - the mods take that requirement pretty seriously.

(Or take down the thread, but I don't think anyone wants to see that.)

Um, the license you have on the Curse page doesn't match the one in the zip. Can you decide on which license you do want, and then add it to your opening post?

That said...cool mod! :)

Tx for noting. Some growth pains. First mod, frst thread, lots of firsts for me. I correded this, should both be ANCSA3.0 License now.

Dude, i checked out your link on curse and it seems really interesting in initial concept although you might get a bit of slow start due to the lack of any kind of details present. I mean, "generic framework for creating kerbal stories", sounds like modders could do some creative s**t with that if they knew what it was really all about- maybe put some more info up?

Yeah, I first wrote the framework, then added the story. So, the engine has a story, but, it is quite generic. You add images (2 types, maps and story), key the maps, and add a text file with your story following the same format that I used to create the Jeb story. YOu can split it into chapters. But all that is for modders wanting to do their own thing. FOr now players can just play through the current story.

Um, the license you have on the Curse page doesn't match the one in the zip. Can you decide on which license you do want, and then add it to your opening post?

That said...cool mod! :)

Thanks. I modified the Curse lincence. Some growing pains... a lot of firsts for me with this mod.

I don't think anyone has done this before. Awesome idea!

This could develop into a very popular mod!

Thanks. I tried to make it so that other people with a story can easily script it using the mod. That way we can all write our own stories.

Wow! This can lead up to having those stories of kold wars/ beggining of kerbal space exploration and such to be in the game, which will create an actual objective besides plotless gaming. I don't say open world of KSP is not great, it really is but this mod could satisfy those players who prefer plots and campaign-like gameplay. Keep up the good work!

This does look extremely promising and a great way to breathe life into the game when you start to feel like you've done everything.

I downloaded it and looked over the text files. It seems like without a detailed guide it would be pretty hard to make your own missions, but it does look possible. Any documentation would be welcome.

I've had an "easter egg hunt" story in my head for quite some time. I fiddled with ways to do it with contracts but this would do just the trick. If you could allow the scenario writer the ability to put our own easter eggs (Like how FinePrint does it, or at least did it at one time) at locations that would allow for far more immersive of a story.

is it me or does this just not work. ive tryed installing it ina few ways(i use alot of mods so im pretty good at it) and ive had no luck at getting the button for it to appear in game.

anybody else got this working?

(edit) nevermind

it only shows up when you lanunch a ship

Edited by joebopie

This sounds great, and very useful. When 0.9 comes out (soon?) I was planning to add some scripted scenarios myself and this could be an ideal base for that.

Hi Space Caded. The mod allows many stories simultaniously, so, one thing I want to do is have a "story" that can help others write and implement stories using the mod. Will post once I have that in place.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.