[0.25] Kerbal Adventure V1.0

MenuOption

Wow! This can lead up to having those stories of kold wars/ beggining of kerbal space exploration and such to be in the game, which will create an actual objective besides plotless gaming. I don't say open world of KSP is not great, it really is but this mod could satisfy those players who prefer plots and campaign-like gameplay. Keep up the good work!

Thanks. If you have a story to tell, I will soon post a type of guide to using the mod to create your own story.

Downloading wanted something like this for ages.

Can this be combined with a save game file to create a "universe" for a story?

E.g. the KSS station has suffered a micro meteorite strike and is without power send up a rescue and repair mission with these objectives.

Or...

We have lost contact with our outpost on Duna send a mission to investigate, restore comms and investigate if necessary rescue the Duna outpost crew.

This does look extremely promising and a great way to breathe life into the game when you start to feel like you've done everything.

I downloaded it and looked over the text files. It seems like without a detailed guide it would be pretty hard to make your own missions, but it does look possible. Any documentation would be welcome.

I've had an "easter egg hunt" story in my head for quite some time. I fiddled with ways to do it with contracts but this would do just the trick. If you could allow the scenario writer the ability to put our own easter eggs (Like how FinePrint does it, or at least did it at one time) at locations that would allow for far more immersive of a story.

Hi 5thHorseman.

OK, thanks for the feedback. I will put togethr a litle tutorial for everyone wanting to use this to create their own stories. I will post that in the next 2-3 days.

is it me or does this just not work. ive tryed installing it ina few ways(i use alot of mods so im pretty good at it) and ive had no luck at getting the button for it to appear in game.

anybody else got this working?

(edit) nevermind

it only shows up when you lanunch a ship

Yes, sorry about that. I have not figured out how to get it active in other environments such as VAB. Once I figured it out, the mod will be active there as well.

Can this be combined with a save game file to create a "universe" for a story?

E.g. the KSS station has suffered a micro meteorite strike and is without power send up a rescue and repair mission with these objectives.

Yes, I can make it that the story-progression is specific to a save. For the moment it is not. That is, you can progress the story in any save. I will give it some thought, and then see how that can be done easily.

Hi Space Caded. The mod allows many stories simultaniously, so, one thing I want to do is have a "story" that can help others write and implement stories using the mod. Will post once I have that in place.

Thanks for the reply. Linking the scenario to a save state sounds ideal for what I am planning. I'm looking forward to to seeing this develop.

My plot involves a series of linked events / game states. The first mission involves the arrival of the Kerbal Colony Cruiser into the (previosly deviod of life)Kerbin system. There is a collision with a small asteroid and the colony ship is damaged and fails to properly achieve a Kerbin Orbit. Jebediah and a small crew are still awake on the ship while the rest of the crew slumbers in suspended animation. Jeb and his friends assume control of the ship's shuttle, which was designed to establish a foothold colony on the target planet, and crash-land on Kerbin. At this point it will be up to the player to establish a viable colony on Kerbin using the supplies in the shuttle. Then they will have to launch repair crews and supplies to the colony ship and then pilot it into a stable Kerbin orbit. The final stage of the first scenario will involve ferrying the rest of the cryo-sleeping passengers to Kerbin's surface.

Hopefully this mod will allow this sort of story to be put in place.

Edited by Space Cadet

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.