[1.0] TurboNisuReloaded - Stock-a-Like Parts Pack [06/05/15]

a__gun

• 1 month later...

Thanx for the updates... :D

@passinglurker
Now, any chance of getting updates on the structurals?... I've been using the ones from Alchemy Tech, but that mod got MAJOR parts creep, since all the individual packs got thrown into ONE pack... (its kind of a PIA, since its close to practically replacing the whole Squad folder... lol)...And it hasnt had any updates lately... Not that I think it really needs one, IIRC...

Edited by Stone Blue

• 2 weeks later...

I went ahead and bumped the config files again to fix nodes, most notably the girder and truss special pieces.

Added some compatibility for other mods like Interstellar Fuel Switch and Tweakscale.

Brought all the parts a little closer to the 1.0.5 style. 

I hope somebody enjoys this.

Al credit to TurboNisu, all models and textures remain unchanged (DDS textures)

TurboNisuReloadedv2 in Dropbox

On 12.01.2016 at 4:13 AM, Darkona said:

I went ahead and bumped the config files again to fix nodes, most notably the girder and truss special pieces.

Added some compatibility for other mods like Interstellar Fuel Switch and Tweakscale.

Brought all the parts a little closer to the 1.0.5 style. 

I hope somebody enjoys this.

Al credit to TurboNisu, all models and textures remain unchanged (DDS textures)

TurboNisuReloadedv2 in Dropbox

Thanks for converting to dds.

but girderAdapterL is exploding on the launchpad, also you changed names for girderAdapterL, girderAdapterT and girderAdapterX. My old ships are not loading.

Another great mod updated!

IMHO, small truss is too heavy. The truss is the same size as 9,5 stock Cubic Octagonal struts. Stock Cubic Octagonal strut weight 1kg. So truss should weight no more than 10kg, and joints no more than 2-3kg. Imagine this thing IRL, it can not possibly weight 120 kilos unless made of uranium.

2 hours ago, Psycho_zs said:

Another great mod updated!

IMHO, small truss is too heavy. The truss is the same size as 9,5 stock Cubic Octagonal struts. Stock Cubic Octagonal strut weight 1kg. So truss should weight no more than 10kg, and joints no more than 2-3kg. Imagine this thing IRL, it can not possibly weight 120 kilos unless made of uranium.

Thanks, you're completely right. I was so focused on fixing nodes I totally forgot mass.

I'll list all the changes you guys find are needed and bump another version soon.

Edited by Darkona

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Anyone know if the lovely little landing legs on this mod will need rework for 1.1? I've only just now discovered an urgent and pressing need for the things in my latest adventures in rover construction. :wink:

1 hour ago, Reiver said:

Anyone know if the lovely little landing legs on this mod will need rework for 1.1? I've only just now discovered an urgent and pressing need for the things in my latest adventures in rover construction. :wink:

Unfortunately, while most parts work just fine, landing gear (legs and wheels) need some model changes.  See here:

17 minutes ago, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

Unfortunately, while most parts work just fine, landing gear (legs and wheels) need some model changes

hahahahahaha yea just stuck some of the legs to the bottom of the Mk1 Lander can, went to the pad and schwiiiinggg!! Off it went! BOOM! Hahaha.

AIES landing leg I tested just a while ago worked fine tho, so it doesn't seem to affect all of them.

Other than that yea, latest update loaded against stock with no serious errors to the log. That release would be this one:

as someone who is also very fond of this mod (those little landing legs are so godsdamn useful for all kind of things, and the trusses and spherical tank (made via two of the X200-6Rs) have been staples of my off-planet design for some time. I'd very much like it if the pack could continue....

perhaps @TurboNisu could enlighten us on his status and/or give his official blessing to update the models as needed? I'd hate to see all that hard work fade into obscurity like several other of my favorite mods over the years.

34 minutes ago, Mechtech said:

as someone who is also very fond of this mod (those little landing legs are so godsdamn useful for all kind of things, and the trusses and spherical tank (made via two of the X200-6Rs) have been staples of my off-planet design for some time. I'd very much like it if the pack could continue....

perhaps @TurboNisu could enlighten us on his status and/or give his official blessing to update the models as needed? I'd hate to see all that hard work fade into obscurity like several other of my favorite mods over the years.

@a__gun hasn't logged on in almost a year, and He's been maintaining this. I think thimod is dead, but I'll do my best to keep it compatible.

well, the fortunate thing about the license on this is, after all, that it's sufficiently permissive as to allow a level of maintenance by the community.

it would, however, help if @TurboNisu could drop by the next time he's on the forum and give the okay to update the models that need changing (insofar as I know, only the landing gear needs it,) in order to continue to have this in KSP... or even update himself, I certainly think we've adequately proven we like his work enough to do what we can to keep it running in his absence! :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/05/2016 at 4:17 PM, Mechtech said:

well, the fortunate thing about the license on this is, after all, that it's sufficiently permissive as to allow a level of maintenance by the community.

it would, however, help if @TurboNisu could drop by the next time he's on the forum and give the okay to update the models that need changing (insofar as I know, only the landing gear needs it,) in order to continue to have this in KSP... or even update himself, I certainly think we've adequately proven we like his work enough to do what we can to keep it running in his absence! :)

He last visited over a year ago, so I wouldn't hold much breath in having him reappear any time soon.

I think 1.1 broke a lot of these old legacy mods good and proper, and without modelling support I'm not at all sure we'll see them live again, unless there's a dedicated project to attempt such ventures...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.