0.90.0 is coming! Shall I...

justidutch

What will you do with your current Career save?  

167 members have voted

1. 1. What will you do with your current Career save?

• Finish it before upgrading. It's unethical to abandon them.
    • Abandon it now. What ethics?
    • Continue with no obligation to finish it.
    • Who cares? Join the Hype Train!

It depends, 0.90.0 is probably not going to be here for at least a week, probably closer to 2 weeks. So if you want to spend 1-2 weeks playing sandbox, I guess you could, or you could finish out your career save.

Supposing that 0.90 is going to fit previous updates's timescales (as Max has said more than once) and 0.25 spent a tad over 3 weeks in experimentals, it's not going to be here in less than 2 weeks. Also you have the Christmas Holidays coming up very soon, which will delay any work being done; so I'm thinking it's very likely that 0.9 will being coming out early January, so don't get too hyped or that wait will take forever...

I don't have a current "serious" save. Although considering I'm doing a huge Tylo mission in my "messing about" save, maybe it's getting a bit serious.

I didn't finish my .23.5 one (which was technically the then-career but with parts hacked unlocked, so sandbox really) until after .25 came out. Then the .26/.90 upgradable buildings were announced so I decided to wait for them.

Well with the OP admin building I unlocked all tech quite early. I've landed on all biomes on Mun and Minimus. I've not seen all the anamolies on Kerbin but have on the Mun. Some Kerbals are in space yet on a space station. Others are on their way to Duna to orbit (no lander.)

I think I'd like to land on Duna as I've never been interplanetary before. At that point I think I'll be done (after they get back from Duna of course.)

I do hope they make the career more progressive, I feel like I'm playing in sandbox except every now and then I have to send science from one of my mun or minimus satellites or plant yet another flag to get money.

And now the obligatory I will still love the game even if they don't change it at all.

ah, yes. this is what i felt when i played KSP career on normal for the first time. Ive unlocked all the parts in day 2 (in-game) by just doing some part testing contracts + strategies.

so, i tried to play in hard. But then, it become so tedious and "grindy". Maybe because i suck. So i just stick with sandbox for experimenting, training my landing skills, building big ass SSTO, etc to prepare myself out until the beta comes out.

I dont know, but people seems content with it. Maybe because KSP was originally are all about building spacecraft & creating your own space program freely without any constraints.

Also, the obligatory "I will still love the game even if they don't change it at all". No, really, this game makes me play like crazy for past few days.

Will this update finally do something for performance? I can't play this game at 5fps on an i5 4670k anymore.

I'm afraid not. Maybe they'll fix it when Unity 5 comes out. Maybe.

Also, I feel your pain.

Will .90 be incompatible with .25 career saves? Transitions .23 -> .23.5 -> .24 -> .25 worked mostly well for me.

Bring it on! :cool:

Who cares?

1- check it out;

2- wait for list of personal mods to be updated;

3- download mods;

4- start new career game;

5- grind science

6- kill Jeb (not necessary in this order) :sticktongue:

7- try to finally understand how to build a self sustained base with MKS/OKS. :huh:

8- repeat steps 4,5,6 :D

I swear I've never completed a save to my satisfaction. Every time I really get going, right around my first Duna mission, the next update comes out, with all of it's shiny new toys, and I abandon the save. One of these days, I'm going to ignore the hype and stick with a version till the end.

I'm afraid not. Maybe they'll fix it when Unity 5 comes out. Maybe.

Also, I feel your pain.

Will .90 be incompatible with .25 career saves? Transitions .23 -> .23.5 -> .24 -> .25 worked mostly well for me.

I'm probably too optimistic to think Squad could do 'something' to help performance and since a Beta is for fixing these sort of issues then I guess we'll see.

I'm probably too optimistic to think Squad could do 'something' to help performance and since a Beta is for fixing these sort of issues then I guess we'll see.

No optimism required. You always do the minimum optimizations before Beta because it's a waste of time to optimize something that could change fundamentally. Once you're in beta, things should not fundamentally change anymore so optimization becomes far more fruitful.

I fully expect the game to get a lot faster as we climb through the .90s.

A made a (kind of) mistake of starting a modded career save about a week ago. It also has an extended tech tree with NFT. I'm hoping to finish it before the update.

Edit: After posting this, I realized that I forgot to install the custom tech tree, so I had to start over. 90,000 science to complete.... wish me luck.

Edited by Loligoat

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.