Kerbal Space Program Toy Survey

SQUAD

Well question 2 got nearly all the ticks, so that should be... helpful?

Looking at the questionnaire I think you guys might be overlooking a category - science.

The last few days I've had a vision of a Kerbal chemistry set.

Probably fun for all the family till 'the disaster' happened, but there's the idea.

Please make a plush Kerbal teddy about 7-15cm in height..

I have been wanting one since forever.

It's great having a "My other car is a rocket" sticker; But I want a Jebadiah Kerman plush kerbal co-pilot, when I am in my car..

Please make it happen Squad. :)

I think Kerbal plushies would be great (they would be sooo cute :D) but I also think that we should have scale models of the Kerbal X and other rockets, kind of like this:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41kduQEubkL._SL1000_.jpg

(but obviously with a Kerbal rocket)

I like the idea of KSP model rockets, but please not the Kerbal X, it's not very well built, or popular. Perhaps Model type parts that connect magnetically or with velcro? Other ideas could be a Kerbol system mobile?

Like this

ff1d5906ed7a2b4ddd72726d7f697cc9.jpg

or this?

51jkzGmyG5L._SX522_.jpg

Except with the the KSP planets.

It is a good idea to have a build your own rockets set. It will be a bad idea if magnets are going to be used.

Maybe velcro or something else.

one- the magnets would be inside of the parts, not the toy itself

two- I doubt we're gonna have any two year olds buying physics game merchendise

I like the idea of KSP model rockets, but please not the Kerbal X, it's not very well built, or popular. Perhaps Model type parts that connect magnetically or with velcro?

A rocket building kit with magnetic parts sounds like a good idea. A small kit could have something like a Mk.1 pod, FL-T800 and FL-T400 fuel tanks, a couple of LVT-45s and LV-909 engines, and of course some RT-10s.

Here is a possible idea for you guys.

Have a small Mk1-2 pod with a cutaway that shows the inside, and has the three classic figures inside with their classic facial expressions. The figures could be either removable, or molded into the pod, either way. Then mount the pod on a stand. Have something good written on a little plaque on the stand's base and you're all set.

A rocket building kit with magnetic parts sounds like a good idea. A small kit could have something like a Mk.1 pod, FL-T800 and FL-T400 fuel tanks, a couple of LVT-45s and LV-909 engines, and of course some RT-10s.

And then the stack secouplers and radial decouplers are just circular or recangular magnets that are painted.

In order for the radial decouplers to work, the surface of the parts have to be metal to attach things.

Will edit post later for more ideas

And then the stack secouplers and radial decouplers are just circular or recangular magnets that are painted.

In order for the radial decouplers to work, the surface of the parts have to be metal to attach things.

Will edit post later for more ideas

The surface wouldn't have to be metal, it could be plastic on the outside and have the magnet on the inside.

--update--

How about the Mk1 pod memorial as a paperweight?

That would be great!

+1 for kerbal plush toys.

Also would love some parts that snapped together to make my own desk rockets.

The magnets on the video are orders of magnitude stronger than you would need for kerbal toy. Think weak fridge magnet, would be much safer.

It's great having a "My other car is a rocket" sticker; But I want a Jebadiah Kerman plush kerbal co-pilot, when I am in my car..

Please make it happen Squad. :)

On this note...

1) I love the idea of KSP bumper stickers (just another way to advocate =p), but the "My Other Car is a Rocket" sticker is not very imaginative nor unique. "My Other Car Needs More Boosters", on the other hand... Really, just something more Kerbal-ish.

2) I hasn't thought about it before the quoted post, but a bobblehead Jebediah (suction-cup for dashboard, monitor, or fridge!) would kick an incredible amount of derriere.

How about model-kit style pieces, you'd have places to snap on decouplers and from decouplers other rocket bits. Or even just let us use model glue to adhere pieces together. Prepainted would be ideal, of course. I kinda don't want toy rockets until after Ven's Stock Revamp becomes stock, which it totally should be.

And remember guys, I'm the guy who defends the stockalike style to the death, and Ven has done wonders to improve it and make it both stockalike and authentic at the same time.

Also, if Ven's Stock Part Revamp becomes stock, we could have a few more scrap parts in the island runway hangar.

Edited by GregroxMun

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.