Kerbal Space Program Toy Survey

SQUAD

A "Build Your Own Rocket" set? Yes, please!

Just a box with multiples of all available parts which you can put together as you like (well... radials might be tricky unless parts have slotted sides) to make what you want.

This would be so cool. People could make their own rockets and also build them in KSP. No magnets, but more like something a little more like this:

8YtBSsT.jpg

[Edit] To make it safe for young kids, make it plastic with no sharp edges or stuff. Big pieces too.

[Edit Agin] MAKE IT LIKE THE SCIENCE TREE Except more parts per pack...

Edited by DMSP

I don't understand, why aren't we shown results/statistics for "public" surveys like these?

It's also up to the discretion of the survey creator whether or not they release the results. "Public" indicates public participation, not necessarily results. (kinda like equal opportunity, though we won't go into that because politics)

Back on topic, I'd love to see some Kerbal toys. I've got lots of Tesla Motors merchandise filling up my desk and I need something Kerbal to balance it out. :P

Squad could lose a lot of money on this, people say they like the idea but when it comes to parting with a large chunk of money for a toy...

I think it's probable the sales will be disappointing and maybe won't even cover the manufacturing costs.

I would like a box of 25mm Kerbal figures; Mission Control staff, engineers, technicians and maybe 2-3 astronauts in plastic like the Airfix toy soldier figures. (envisages bunch of Kerbal miniatures stood in front of my monitor as if it were a giant wall screen in Mission Control).

I would like a box of 25mm Kerbal figures; Mission Control staff, engineers, technicians and maybe 2-3 astronauts in plastic like the Airfix toy soldier figures. (envisages bunch of Kerbal miniatures stood in front of my monitor as if it were a giant wall screen in Mission Control).

That would actually be pretty cool. We could even use some of them as astronauts on model rockets or fireworks.

On this note...

1) I love the idea of KSP bumper stickers (just another way to advocate =p), but the "My Other Car is a Rocket" sticker is not very imaginative nor unique. "My Other Car Needs More Boosters", on the other hand... Really, just something more Kerbal-ish.

2) I hasn't thought about it before the quoted post, but a bobblehead Jebediah (suction-cup for dashboard, monitor, or fridge!) would kick an incredible amount of derriere.

The "I Brake for Lithospheres" one is good. But how about changing it to "I Lithobrake for SCIENCE!!"... :wink:

The "I Brake for Lithospheres" one is good. But how about changing it to "I Lithobrake for SCIENCE!!"... :wink:

ROFL... This is the best thing I've read all day.

"I Brake For Lithospheres" is definitely the better of the two. In fact, it just arrived on my mail yesterday--a little early Christmas present for myself.

Not really a toy, but coffee mugs might be fun. Stackable coffee mugs made to look like Kerbal rocket segments, with a space capsule shaped sugar bowl on top, parachute cone for a lid.

I think somebody posted a picture of something like that long ago, but I don't remember whether it was a real product or a drawing or what.

• 3 weeks later...

http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q673/EvifNam/Woot2_zpsa57f22a0.png

This pic is of the space ship from a top view ^

Woot3_zpsc716aa9c.png

This pic is of the space ship from the front without the "Space Dingy" ^

http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q673/EvifNam/PTDC1291_zpsd7fde779.jpg

This is what the inside of the cockpit looks like just like the game :D even has a nav ball and keyboard^

http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q673/EvifNam/Woot4_zps051cabb9.png

SPACE DINGY WITH BENNY!!!! ^

http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q673/EvifNam/ujg_zps15935a4f.jpg

All the detail that went into my space craft ^

v- same plane with new parts from beta now with cargo bay doors no more need to have fuel lines and tanks exposed.

http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q673/EvifNam/screenshot102_zps55568556.png

my lego kerbal set is about 37x smaller then what it would be in real life as far as scale

I would love a lego theme to Kerbal Space Program plushies are good too

Edited by EvifNam
Better Detail

Not really a toy, but coffee mugs might be fun. Stackable coffee mugs made to look like Kerbal rocket segments, with a space capsule shaped sugar bowl on top, parachute cone for a lid.

I think somebody posted a picture of something like that long ago, but I don't remember whether it was a real product or a drawing or what.

You mean tea mug right?

http://www.cafepress.com/kerbalspaceprogram.853547905

I actually really like that idea and I would spend a lot of money on this.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.