Sign in to follow this  
Conannet

Help with interstellar engines

Question

Hi guys.

I have some trouble with interstellar mod here and the engines actually. So this mod comes with a lot of engines, but i cant seem to get any of them to work. Now i've been trying the plasma thruster, which as far as i can see is an electric engine and it required liquid fuel too, so i made a simple rocket, which contained only reactor, electric engine, liquid fuel (tried with and without oxidizer and both failed) and the engine. The engineer says i have 30 000 delta V, 11000 ISP, and like 2 TWR, but when i start the engine and trottle up, the power manager says that it consumes power, but it wont thrust... it just stays there, no fuel is consumed, just power. Here is the setup (here the engine is not trotled up)

<a  href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://s28.postimg.org/p1vmar4cd/screenshot2.png' alt='screenshot2.png'> imagen

1 answer to this question

The issue is that KER and Mechjeb assume maximum thrust, you are using fuel, but because the engine is so efficient you don't see it for a very long time. They are good for deep space until you get fusion reactor. I'm fairly certain it also needs to be directly connected to your electric generator. You also don't appear to have a reactor, just a thermal microwave receiver which doesn't do a whole lot without a microwave transmitter pointed at it.

Edited by Taki117