KSP 0.90 Is "Beta Than Ever"

SQUAD

No, they don't. There's not a single thing in the game that is a regular word with the first letter replaced with K.

One of the loading screen "tips" says "Adding K to every word" or something along those lines. Also joke.

Edited by briansun1

I think it'd be cool if the launchpad would give off the "explosion" particle effects whenever you launch a craft. Well, a craft of substantial enough size to fit that is. It looks super awesome with all the smoke whenever I launch and it busts. Anyhoo, I'm quite happy with the update name!

0.90.0 is the last alpha update. 0.91 will be beta.

I do not believe that is true. I was under the impression that 0.90 would be the first Beta release, as in there are no more major features to add. 0.91 would then be the first release that did not introduce a major feature.

Keep in mind how huge this update is. Not Beta yet.

"As soon as the next update is released, KSP will enter a new phase of development, which for want of a better term, we’re calling ‘Beta’"

The next update is the transition from Alpha to Beta. Right before the update, the game is in Alpha, as it is not yet scope-complete, but after the update, it is, and therefore enters the beta stage in development. 0.90.0 is technically an Alpha release, but practically (in the audience's mind), it marks KSP going into Beta, and therefore is Beta. The argument is mostly semantics, and the next version is both Alpha and Beta, depending on how you look at it.

[inset Schrodinger reference here]

I don't care for this semantic mumbo-jumbo, lets get get down to brass tacks here: what improvement are we getting with 0.9?

All that matters in the long term is:

1) what features will the finalized game have

2) what mods will be available then

3) how long will the mod community stay and improve the game far beyond the scoop, time or patients of the founding company (Squad)

4) Casket, urn or sky burial?

I don't care for this semantic mumbo-jumbo, lets get get down to brass tacks here: what improvement are we getting with 0.9?

All that matters in the long term is:

1) what features will the finalized game have

2) what mods will be available then

3) how long will the mod community stay and improve the game far beyond the scoop, time or patients of the founding company (Squad)

4) Casket, urn or sky burial?

Lol, sorry but what really matters is having fun.

Not quite beta

SQUAD said that at the bottom of the very first post on this thread...

Not quite beta, but still really neat, is this neat pic by MartGonzo.

The power of sentence fragments.

The picture is "not quite beta", not the update.

"As soon as the next update is released, KSP will enter a new phase of development, which for want of a better term, we’re calling ‘Beta’"

The next update is the transition from Alpha to Beta. Right before the update, the game is in Alpha, as it is not yet scope-complete, but after the update, it is, and therefore enters the beta stage in development. 0.90.0 is technically an Alpha release, but practically (in the audience's mind), it marks KSP going into Beta, and therefore is Beta. The argument is mostly semantics, and the next version is both Alpha and Beta, depending on how you look at it.

[inset Schrodinger reference here]

It's very similar to "Midnight" and "Noon." Are they AM or PM? Which one is which?

Well, technically, they are neither AM no PM. They are precisely Midnight and Noon!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.