Karting

CaptainGiblets

I've seen a few of the races on tv/cable. Looks like fun, except it appears the cement(?) track they run on is too uneven/bumpy. Are all the tracks like that, or was it just the series I saw? Back in the day (1960's) I used to go with my father and watch 3/4 midgets run... super small oval track, lots and lots of wrecks... but really fun to watch. I had my favorites I'd root for. The cars used (I think?) snowmobile engines. :)

Good luck! :cool:

Drove a 10hp cart, was too painful for the back, ribs and hands, to make it a permanent hobby. Apart from that it's really amazing.

A lot of people think its not very physical but it really is

- - - Updated - - -

I've seen a few of the races on tv/cable. Looks like fun, except it appears the cement(?) track they run on is too uneven/bumpy. Are all the tracks like that, or was it just the series I saw? Back in the day (1960's) I used to go with my father and watch 3/4 midgets run... super small oval track, lots and lots of wrecks... but really fun to watch. I had my favorites I'd root for. The cars used (I think?) snowmobile engines. :)

Good luck! :cool:

Lots of the older warn ovals are bumpy, but most road courses aren't, and yes, back in the day they used some snowmobile engines

Only done any sort of karting once. Slick tyres and rain made for some fun times, lots of spinning. We weren't actually racing seriously though, just got to drive around and see how fast we could go. Dunno how powerful they were, not crazy power though.

The last time I went karting I had been gripping onto the wheel so hard I ended up with calluses that didn't go away for over 2 years.

Have only been a few times but have really enjoyed it. Nothing professional, just a group of mates. Shame they all moved away, I want to go again!

A lot of people think its not very physical but it really is

This was unbelievable. I drove 6hp carts, those left little bruises too, but 10hp was beyond imagination.

I'm scared to imagine what you feel if you have a bigger racing car with equally stiff suspension. Are Formula-1600 or -3 same stiff?

We used to play Live for Speed game quite seriously (which has very good mechanics), so switching from a good feeling and good skills to barely controlling anything was a shock. We had troubles to hold tea cups and spoons in the café after driving. I guess one gets trained eventually, but I'd get spinal disk herniation quicker than this.

Edited by Kulebron

This was unbelievable. I drove 6hp carts, those left little bruises too, but 10hp was beyond imagination.

We used to play Live for Speed game quite seriously (which has very good mechanics), so switching from a good feeling and good skills to barely controlling anything was a shock.

I'm scared to imagine what you feel if you have a bigger racing car with equally stiff suspension. Are Formula-1600 or -3 same stiff?

I actually am seting up a drive with a 9 HP Yamaha kart soon, its my friends, right now I race 6.5 HP karts in my arrive and drive. they also make shifter karts with around 25 HP with six gears, my goal is there in ROtax

Ok. I heard stories of 20hp karts that can spin the wheels and are insanely powerful, and assumed you drive the same one. :)

Oh man I wish. I have seen shifter karts in action and its amazing how quick they are, on the main straight they hit atleast 110, its pure insanity, this year im most likely getting a 9-10 HP Yamaha engine with a birel chassis or a DR kart

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.