Stupid Microstutters! (intermittant freezing is an extreme annoyance)

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

8GB DDR3 RAM

Nvidia GTX470 1280 GPU

AMD Phenom II CPU ~3.1GHz 6 core

I've turned all graphics settings all the way down and I'm still having this issue with the 32bit version of KSP, I can't use the 64bit version because of some of the mods I use- I've read various tips on this, does any one have tips specialized for the machine that I'm running to help make things smoother? The issue is when playing, every 5-20 seconds I get frame hiccups and it's becoming an extreme annoyance.

EDIT- I'm doing some testing with an unmodded installation under the x64 bit version, and with a large rocket and medium graphics settings the game is ultra smooth. More testing is required. I will begin by slowly introducing mods that won't break the 64bit version.. maybe it's mods that are making me chug?

Edited by Bob Jub

I'd love to know there snsdwer to this as I get it from many games but its intermittent.

My assumption is that its something else grabbing CPU cycles. But I can't figure out what it is. It seems connected to one of thee many "system" processes in windows.

Since it seems like you could use some help, I've moved this topic to the Modded Support forum. Perhaps the knowledgeable folks in here can give you some pointers.

As a starting point, if you could upload output_log.txt files from both an unmodded and modded run (just start KSP, get to the Space Center, and then close it and grab the log file) to Pastebin and post the links here, it may give us an idea of what's going on. A DxDiag output file would also be a good way for us to get a thorough look at your system specs.

If you're not sure how to get those files, there's some info here on where to find them. (skip to the second section) :)

I'm starting to have the same issue with x64- I'm going to guess that maybe it's because Unity doesn't like my AMD processor.

EDIT- I turned off cascade shadows and it seems to run much better.

Edited by Bob Jub

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.