New Horizons

r4pt0r

I noticed the same thing about the instrument direction. Hard to tell based on animation in eyes, honestly, it's not like the sim gets any real time data, that data would not be here 6 until hours from now, if it was broadcasting, which it wasn't.

13 minutes ago, cubinator said:

Might have been an inaccuracy in the visualization. At least I hope so!

I really hope it is the case. Would be really frustating if it didn't took a shot from the best vantage point !

10 hours ago, SuperFastJellyfish said:
  Reveal hidden contents

latest?cb=20140710122936

9 hours ago, Scotius said:

We are not THAT unlucky. Are we? #Terrified.

Unlucky, you say?

Spoiler

1368356820530.jpg

1 hour ago, Scotius said:

OK, you got me there :D I freaking love Garrus, Tali and the rest of squad. Still... Reapers, man. Bad news all around.

At least the Alliance can become doomsday preppers right away.

xcom-png-xcom-png-478.png

39 minutes ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

11:30? I thought it was going to be around 2 or 3 pm EST, or did they move the image arrival time?

If I recall, it's 11:30 today with the second failsafe image (just before flyby, but with shape) and 2 or 3 PM EST every day after that for new flyby images.

In the meantime, I think they're about to go live in a minute for the acquisition of signal at 10:30, confirming that, well, the flyby happened.

2 minutes ago, tater said:

Comms from 6 billion km? No problem.

Youtube livestream? Not so much.

Nah, probably they want to make sure that if we find a monster from beyond the stars we won't be the first to know.

1 hour ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

11:30? I thought it was going to be around 2 or 3 pm EST, or did they move the image arrival time?

Given that they probably will have to sync things up first, an 18 hr total delay is OK.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.