New Horizons

r4pt0r

Im watching the lifestream. Are you guys all watching the lifestream

I would be if my computer/internet would cooperate. Seems I'm doomed to refresh-monkey the server until it lets me watch it properly!

This is so exciting! I'm somewhat late to the party, it seems... Thank you all for documenting what was going on. My goodness, I can't believe it's actually happening! It's almost surreal!

You are never too late, since your name is Pluto100! ;) ;D

- - - Updated - - -

And there goes Charon!

- - - Updated - - -

Please don't turn this thread into immature "hype train" one. People are posting latest important information here so don't drown it with tons of infantile posts.

Looks like someone is trying to block all the fun.

Maybe I missed something before, but NH seems to be spending an awful lot of time pointing its instruments into empty space.

Does it take that long to reset the instruments between each scan? From a layman's perspective, it seemed that we could have gotten many more scans done.

Still, hugely exciting and can't wait for the initial images to come home!

Looks like someone is trying to block all the fun.

Have you experienced the annoyance with that hype thread? When you can't even click to get to the last post from all the crap raining down?

Maybe I missed something before, but NH seems to be spending an awful lot of time pointing its instruments into empty space.

Does it take that long to reset the instruments between each scan? From a layman's perspective, it seemed that we could have gotten many more scans done.

Still, hugely exciting and can't wait for the initial images to come home!

My bet would be that it's scanning the outer parts of the atmosphere.

Are they watching the barycenter for signs of a shared atmosphere?

- - - Updated - - -

Have you experienced the annoyance with that hype thread? When you can't even click to get to the last post from all the crap raining down?

That's how the NASA stream is.

Please don't turn this thread into immature "hype train" one. People are posting latest important information here so don't drown it with tons of infantile posts.

If I understand NASAs PR correctly there will be little information sent today, most of the process is data gathering, we will have to wait until the data gathering is finished before NH starts sending whats in its memory. What you can do is take the last image and repost it bigger and bigger and bigger, so it looks like we are approaching. That would be a slow motion hype train wreck.

Well, it may be crap.But, there is nothing wrong about being excited or having fun, especially when history is being made right now.

And yes is experienced hype trains, multiple times.

Edited by Candlelight

Don't know for sure, but maybe it's something to do with the fact that it uses a rcs type thing to control its rotation, and the want to conserve fuel.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.