[0.25] Astronomer's Visual Pack - Interstellar V2

Astronomer

Which features do you like the most?  

1,335 members have voted

1. 1. Which features do you like the most?

• Semi-Procedural Auroras
    • Clouds for Eve & Jool
    • 29MB Lightning
    • Lens Flare
    • Snow
    • Sandstorms and Surface Dust
    • Atmospheric Scattering
    • Interstellar Music Replacement
    • New Sun
    • Surface Glow

Hi there.

detail1.png is a non power of two texture. Its dimensions are 8192 (which is ok) times 4167 (non-power of two). Though such textures should be supportet by the major gfx cards since years, it looks like its causing problems, weather its on unity, on nvidia, I don't know. IMHO its a good practice to use "correct" power of two textures.

Resize this texture to a proper power of two format, ie 8192*4096 (or 4096*2048, which looks very nearly identical buts its 1/4th the size.)

There are some clould layers for jool and eve, that are also not power of two. Resize them too. I did this on my install (0.9 @ GTX 980) and it solved all the issues for me. As these are only coulds the slightly different aspect ratio isnt noticable at all. But use a program like Photoshop to resize, I tried it with irfanview and the textures lost their alpha channel. Could be me as I never use(d) irfanview to resize anything though.

Hope that helps :)

PS: I noticed than when KSP runs out of memory, it just crashes. No error message or something. So whenever SOMETHING pops up on a crash its not the ram usage that I investige first.

the detail1.png file I have is 8192x8192.

I'm also given to understand that the "KSP.exe caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)" errors generally indicate that KSP used too much memory.

Is there any other sunflare.dds variations that don't include a michael bay lensflare? I don't mind a bit of lensflare but the default lensflare for Interstellar 2 is way overkill.

You could give the lens flare from Better Atmospheres a try. Download the correct "asset file".

Edit: Or I think KSPRC has an alternative one as well.

This makes my game crash. I have no idea why. Any help here? Btw I'm using this texture management mod.

PC Specs : GTX 980, 4.0ghz cpu, 16gb ddr3 ram. Windows 8.1 and KSP 0.90

try running KSP in opengl mode (edit shortcut and add --force-opengl)

How do I do that? Not much information has been provided O_O

Do you run steam version?

If yes then do the following:

1) right-click KSP in the Library

2) press Properties

3) Press Set Launch Options button

4) in the textbox provided type

-force-opengl

5) press ok and try launching KSP

If you have a standalone version of KSP just Create Shortcut to KSP.exe wherever you like, then right-click for Properties and add -force-opengl in the command line textbox.

Can someone please explain how to get the wormhole to work? I have placed the wormhole sun cfg and textures in the right location, as well as the detaileve2. When I load up the game, the clouds and exterior sun texture are visible in the tracking station, but during actual flight/gameplay, all sun textures except the flare and corona are black. I know the layers are there because I put a test probe at a very close orbit of the sun and the black outer layer obscures the star field, but they have no texture other than solid black. Did I install something wrong here?

Love the longship cameo at

420? Illuminati confirmed.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you run steam version?

If yes then do the following:

1) right-click KSP in the Library

2) press Properties

3) Press Set Launch Options button

4) in the textbox provided type

-force-opengl

5) press ok and try launching KSP

If you have a standalone version of KSP just Create Shortcut to KSP.exe wherever you like, then right-click for Properties and add -force-opengl in the command line textbox.

Done that. There are no clouds, nothing at all. I guess it's because this is for 0.25 not 0.90

It would be quite pleasant if you could give me your gamedata folder as I really do want to try the wormhole out. :(

And I have a tip for the people who can't get the wormhole to work. During my first installation of the mod, the game crashed during the loading screen, when the wormhole file should load. So, I simply resized the image form 8k to 4k. It worked after this fix, no crashes.

And I have a tip for the people who can't get the wormhole to work. During my first installation of the mod, the game crashed during the loading screen, when the wormhole file should load. So, I simply resized the image form 8k to 4k. It worked after this fix, no crashes.

Tip for people that can't even get the mod itself working in the first place?

420? Illuminati confirmed.

- - - Updated - - -

Done that. There are no clouds, nothing at all. I guess it's because this is for 0.25 not 0.90

It would be quite pleasant if you could give me your gamedata folder as I really do want to try the wormhole out. :(

It's got nothing to do with it "being for 0.25" - it works just fine in 0.90 for me and tons of other people. You have to make sure you've got the latest versions of its dependencies first: Environmental Visual Enhancements and PlanetShine.

You say "There are no clouds, nothing at all." Dumb question: you have installed Environmental Visual Enhancements, right? If yes, do you have clouds with EVE before installing Astronomer's?

KSP will take an absolute age (like 20 mins+) to load the first time, thanks to ATM doing its magic. Actually, it's extremely likely (pretty much certain) that ATM will make KSP crash on loading one or more times, but keep restarting and it eventually fights its way through.

If it's not working for you, then it's highly likely that something (this or one of the dependencies) is installed wrongly, or you're hitting KSP's memory limit. I've got it working just fine in 32-bit Windows under both DirectX and OpenGL, and I recently switched to 64-bit Linux (to remove limitations on number of mods) and it works perfectly there, too.

Edited by UnanimousCoward

It's got nothing to do with it "being for 0.25" - it works just fine in 0.90 for me and tons of other people. You have to make sure you've got the latest versions of its dependencies first: Environmental Visual Enhancements and PlanetShine.

You say "There are no clouds, nothing at all." Dumb question: you have installed Environmental Visual Enhancements, right? If yes, do you have clouds with EVE before installing Astronomer's?

KSP will take an absolute age (like 20 mins+) to load the first time, thanks to ATM doing its magic. Actually, it's extremely likely (pretty much certain) that ATM will make KSP crash on loading one or more times, but keep restarting and it eventually fights its way through.

If it's not working for you, then it's highly likely that something (this or one of the dependencies) is installed wrongly, or you're hitting KSP's memory limit. I've got it working just fine in 32-bit Windows under both DirectX and OpenGL, and I recently switched to 64-bit Linux (to remove limitations on number of mods) and it works perfectly there, too.

Reinstalled eve and now it just crashes. *sigh

Reinstalled eve and now it just crashes. *sigh

Did you just extract the contents of the EVE download into your GameData folder? You might have overwritten some of Astronomer's configs and image files with the ones from EVE.

Try deleting the BoulderCo and Environmental Visual Enhancements folders (or at least temporarily moving them somewhere else). Then reinstall EVE. If you haven't got clouds then, or it crashes, your problem is likely with EVE rather than Astronomer's.

Edit: not sure if it's necessary, but you could consider deleting the GameData\ActiveTextureManagement\textureCache\BoulderCo and GameData\ActiveTextureManagement\textureCache\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements folders as well, if they exist.

Edited by UnanimousCoward

Did you just extract the contents of the EVE download into your GameData folder? You might have overwritten some of Astronomer's configs and image files with the ones from EVE.

Try deleting the BoulderCo and Environmental Visual Enhancements folders (or at least temporarily moving them somewhere else). Then reinstall EVE. If you haven't got clouds then, or it crashes, your problem is likely with EVE rather than Astronomer's.

Edit: not sure if it's necessary, but you could consider deleting the GameData\ActiveTextureManagement\textureCache\BoulderCo and GameData\ActiveTextureManagement\textureCache\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements folders as well, if they exist.

Fixed EVE. Reinstalled everything. Now I have this...

h2XsoYo.png

Disgusting to see huh?

- - - Updated - - -

I installed the mod and now this happened... that did not happen in v0.25 ... any idea why this is and how I can fix it? This is not only on Kerbin but also on Jool and Laythe.

http://i.imgur.com/6iL6Bfi.png

Ok now I got my game to load, same issue now with the mutant wormhole kerbin glitch thing.

Edited by L4rg3Singularity

Ok now I got my game to load, same issue now :/

Do you have Texture Replacer installed? I had very funky-looking graphical issues at the main menu with version 2.2.4 of TR, which is fixed in 2.2.5.

Mind you, this might not be the same issue at all. There's also a chance it's got something to do with ATM configs - are you using the aggressive version of ATM? You could maybe try deleting the "BoulderCo.cfg" from ActiveTextureManagement\ActiveTextureManagerConfigs and the ActiveTextureManagement\textureCache\BoulderCo folder and trying again. Just guessing though.

Do you have Texture Replacer installed? I had very funky-looking graphical issues at the main menu with version 2.2.4 of TR, which is fixed in 2.2.5.

Mind you, this might not be the same issue at all. There's also a chance it's got something to do with ATM configs - are you using the aggressive version of ATM? You could maybe try deleting the "BoulderCo.cfg" from ActiveTextureManagement\ActiveTextureManagerConfigs and the ActiveTextureManagement\textureCache\BoulderCo folder and trying again. Just guessing though.

I'm gonna try that. I hope I don't get a wormhole kerbin this time :/

game just crashes now

Hi, does anyone know how to add just the wormhole in the sun? I don't want all the extra stuff because my game crashes, I am currently using OpenGL mode but just trying to load on "detaileve1" it always crashes with the extra stuff.

EDIT: ASTRONOMER PLZ COME BACK WE'RE ALL MISERABLE WITHOUT YOU

Edited by Rjtaml

Ppl r saying u need 8gb for dis, so that means i can't use this with FAR? :C

What do you mean? If you mean you need to have 8 Gb of RAM, I don't think that's true. KSP only uses a maximum of 3.5 Gb of RAM in 32-bit anyway. What's that got to do with FAR anyway? FAR's not a huge memory hog.